All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Ger's a big boy. Should he come back, fine. If not, that's fine too. This world will continue to turn regardless. He hasn't gone far. You can bet he's checking in to see if anyone is fussing over him.

Begging someone to come back after they've chosen to leave is very unbecoming. We'll suffer through this tremendous loss together, but we'll overcome.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 pm

I've heard he's been 'blocked' from returning.


Anyone want a Gypsy Alpine suit....?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:39 pm

WHY ?????????????????????????

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Exactly.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:46 am

Ger has contributed a huge amount to The EP World, especially for fans of EP's 50's career.

It's pretty obvious that there is also a lot of jealousy out there with regard to what Ger has accomplished. It's downright sad to see and I've also seen Ger treated like shi* right here on this MB by some of those same individuals (in the past).

I don't blame him for getting tired of it. Tis the way of The EP World, unfortunately.

-------------------------

Have said it before, but it needs repeating again ---> thanks for the great books Ger!

-------------------------

That said - I definitely get tired of the 70's EP always being frowned upon and put down. So, .......... it cuts both ways for others here as well.


N8

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 am

Ger has contributed a lot, no question about that, but i don't like it when they use that so they can put down others. Thats pretty shameful, sorry to say, or maybe i'm not. If Ger comes back a bit more polite, then i will ahve no problems with him being on here. However as it stands, his insultive comments are not being missed here

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:41 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Ger has contributed a lot, no question about that, but i don't like it when they use that so they can put down others. Thats pretty shameful, sorry to say, or maybe i'm not. If Ger comes back a bit more polite, then i will ahve no problems with him being on here. However as it stands, his insultive comments are not being missed here


I prefer substance ............ to nonsense ......... anytime, anywhere.

Ger has always been about substance.

Generally speaking, ....... jealousy blinds not only clear vision, but also clear thinking. In other cases, it is simply ignorance.


N8

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:43 am

Did i say i was jealous N8?! There is nothing mentioned in ANY of my posts that even leads to the misconception i'm jealous of Ger's work. I have a great, fantastic life, and it is in no way troubled by my jealousy of Ger's contribution to the Elvis world.

Carolyn, thanks for your comment.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:50 am

carolynlm wrote:Scott, when you have travelled a bit, you will get to know that some people from other countries just have a different way of putting things across.....you are used to the Australian way of life, where everything is 'OK mate'.....some people you might think are arrogant, aren't at all.....


A very good observation 8)

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Did i say i was jealous N8?! There is nothing mentioned in ANY of my posts that even leads to the misconception i'm jealous of Ger's work. I have a great, fantastic life, and it is in no way troubled by my jealousy of Ger's contribution to the Elvis world.


Please re-read my post in question.

I didn't say you were (jealous).

You fall under the "in other cases" category (which is, ironically, what both posters - above and below your post above - are also trying to tell you).


N8

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 pm

N880EP wrote:
I prefer substance ............ to nonsense ......... anytime, anywhere.

Ger has always been about substance.

Generally speaking, ....... jealousy blinds not only clear vision, but also clear thinking. In other cases, it is simply ignorance.


N8


I agree - he is a cut above the general banality of this board. Ger has done a lot of good work in the Elvis world and his posts are generally informative and entertaining. He is open about his bias - and is usually quite entertaining.

Andrew

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:34 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:However as it stands, his insultive comments are not being missed here


Well, maybe not by Aussie shcoolboys...

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Maybe coz u give them out your self.

And to correct you, i'm in college now, not school.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Me? You're obviously confusing me with someone else.

By the way, have your Jacobs dropped yet?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Dropped a long time ago, i sound like Johnny Cash these days lol

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 pm

Somehow I very much doubt you do.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Oh well ok, at least as low as Elvis lol my voice has dropped i tell ya that

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Oh well ok, at least as low as Elvis lol my voice has dropped i tell ya that


Start at Middle C on the piano and go down.

If you don't own a piano, download a simple MIDI program for your computer.

I doubt you can sing down to the E that is almost two C's lower than Middle C. That's how low Elvis could go.

Anyway, it's a fun exercise.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Ok maybe not, i dunno lol

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Ok maybe not, i dunno lol


That separates the men from the boys!

I can actually get down to that low C -- 2 notes lower than EP himself.

But you wouldn't actually want to hear me attempting to make anything of that note in a song. Or any of the others, for that matter. :lol:

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:27 pm

And I missed all this lovely discussion and GerĀ“s boring sentimental speech.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Anything but boring imo. :lol: