All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis pissed off?

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:39 am

Right before Elvis starts to sing Can't Help Falling In Love in the Alternate Aloha show, Elvis seemed a bit pissed off at Charlie.
Maybe I am very, very wrong, don't know.
But Charlie certainly took his time when he put the cape around Elvis' shoulders.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:01 pm

I hope not, who would wan't to be mad to man like Charlie? :)

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:09 pm

:roll:

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I do not think that Elvis was pissed off with Charlie on Alternate show. i think its just the pressure of the time of his satellite show, that was to take place the very next night .- well thats my opinion .-

HE WANTED THAT SHOW TO GO SMOOTHLY .

after all he knew Charlie for most of his career since the army days .

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Elvis could never get mad at Chollie! :)

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Joe Car wrote:Elvis could never get mad at Chollie! :)

Well, he actually did, punching Charlie's face and making his nose bleed.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:52 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:

Maybe he deserved it. What was the reason for him doing this?

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:

That's true!

BTW Spanish Eyes your new avatar is eye catching! Seriously, it's ugly. Would you mind changing it back to the one with the girl with the big tits. :lol:
Last edited by Marko on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Joe Car wrote:
Spanish_Eyes wrote:

Elvis gave JD Sumner and The Stamps a limousine at the end of the recording session at Graceland in '76. Charlie was drunk and was acting obnoxiously jealous saying that Elvis was going to give him a car too. Finally Elvis lost his temper and hit Charlie in the face.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Joe Car wrote:

I have a gossip magazine article which claims that it happened on aug. 15 th,1977,in Graceland. Charlie was drunk and told something about Elvis' weight. Maybe it's not true,but this is what i read.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:29 pm

larry geller told the story in his book (without mentioning charlie´s name) and dated the story (in) summer of ´77.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Johanesson wrote:Joe Car wrote:

I have a gossip magazine article which claims that it happened on aug. 15 th,1977,in Graceland. Charlie was drunk and told something about Elvis' weight. Maybe it's not true,but this is what i read.

Elvis punched Charlie the day BEFORE he died???? :shock:

Any chance you can post the article please?

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Marko wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Spanish_Eyes wrote:

Elvis gave JD Sumner and The Stamps a limousine at the end of the recording session at Graceland in '76. Charlie was drunk and was acting obnoxiously jealous saying that Elvis was going to give him a car too. Finally Elvis lost his temper and hit Charlie in the face.

See, he deserved it!

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:38 pm

Christopher wrote:larry geller told the story in his book (without mentioning charlie´s name) and dated the story (in) summer of ´77.

Geller would hardly be in a position to witness such a thing as he wasn't there.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:51 pm

Marko wrote:
Christopher wrote:larry geller told the story in his book (without mentioning charlie´s name) and dated the story (in) summer of ´77.

Geller would hardly be in a position to witness such a thing as he wasn't there.

That would destroy the idea of Geller having kept a diary at this time... :wink:

Actually, he's very specific about dates in his book, which I've found to be quite credible (with the always necessary grain of salt, of course!) :wink:

He clearly states the date for this "hit" as June 4th, 1977. In Geller's version, Elvis was presenting a cars to both Kathy Westmoreland and Geller. Then aide X "snidely remarked that we were receiving what he deserved". Wham!

Not that it matters much when it actually happened in the whole scheme of things... :wink:

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:26 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
Marko wrote:

That would destroy the idea of Geller having kept a diary at this time... :wink:

Actually, he's very specific about dates in his book, which I've found to be quite credible (with the always necessary grain of salt, of course!) :wink:

He clearly states the date for this "hit" as June 4th, 1977. In Geller's version, Elvis was presenting a cars to both Kathy Westmoreland and Geller. Then aide X "snidely remarked that we were receiving what he deserved". Wham!

Not that it matters much when it actually happened in the whole scheme of things... :wink:

I stand corrected then but Larry certainly wasn't there 15 August which was a date that was stated before.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:54 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
Marko wrote:

I vote for Gellers version. If you will listen closely LINCOLN 20.06.1977 show, then you will hear Elvis saying:

"…the guy who gives me my water and scarves, and sings harmony with me, and whose got a bad back, and I use him as a punching bag between tours, hahahaha, he's my friend, Charlie Hodge…"

- I guess that this is clear reference to June 4 incident.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:37 am

Well, maybe I am wrong then since none of you guys have noticed it.
But the next time you are watching the alternate aloha show, look at Elvis when Charlie put the cape around him.
Elvis seems a bit upset.

Charlie

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:08 am

I for one totally agree with you. The look he gives Charlie for fumbling with the velcro collar and the cape was like a dagger aimed at Charlie.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:15 am

I've read that story somewhere before..now i've always known Charlie to be a real nice guy and still do...but that had to make Elvis feel bad saying that to him..guess 'ol Charlie got it that day..

Re: Charlie

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:42 am

Bill wrote:I for one totally agree with you. The look he gives Charlie for fumbling with the velcro collar and the cape was like a dagger aimed at Charlie.

Yes, agree 100 %, Bill.
Elvis really looks mad at Charlie for being so slow.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 am

And it is suggested that Elvis felt very bad for hitting Charlie as anyone would for hitting a friend. It's clearly not something that Elvis would have done when more emotionally stable.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:10 am

TJ wrote:And it is suggested that Elvis felt very bad for hitting Charlie as anyone would for hitting a friend. It's clearly not something that Elvis would have done when more emotionally stable.

Maybe not, but an obnoxious drunk, can be a major pain in the ass!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Brad M wrote:I've read that story somewhere before..now i've always known Charlie to be a real nice guy and still do...but that had to make Elvis feel bad saying that to him..guess 'ol Charlie got it that day..

If Charlie really said that about Elvis than he deserved it.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Elvis seems a little irritated during the rehearsal show. Check the ending on suspicious minds, where he is pissed of with the band (Ronny T) because the ending was not perfect. Elvis yells something just before he does his thing with the arms at the last note of the song.