All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:58 am

If it was a wax figure..then it would be something! :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:49 am

KiwiAlan wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
gareth wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Lighten up guys...................bad taste sure............but it made me smile :D
How can anyone who is an Elvis Fan smile at this piece of s**t ? :shock:

Kiwi has a strange sense of humour. :roll:

If Elvis was alive and this happened he (Elvis) would have laughed for days!

As I said, lighten up...it's just a bit of fun :D
I very much doubt Elvis would find this funny.And if Elvis was still alive the d***head who put this on ebay wouldn't be selling it.As for lightening up why should we? Elvis Fans have had to put up with him being made a laughing stock for years.Enough is enough. :evil: Kiwi please don't think i'm getting at you if it looks like i am i apologise. :wink:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:21 am

Has anyone else sent ''nice'' e-mails ? :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am

Sadly I suspect there are quite a few people who would want this however the seller's "pick up" only delivery qualification severely limits the chance of a sale.

While I don't believe the item is in good taste, I acknowledge the ingenuity of placing an "eyes open" Elvis figure in a casket and selling it as a reproduction of the last photo of Elvis.

Nigel
EIN

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:11 am

:? and one wonders why non-fans think elvis is a joke. we have numbskulls like this who create this crap.

personally, the best thing this sale has going for it is the coffin. then you can melt the figure for candle-making, and paint the coffin black. and voila--the beginning to a spooky halloween display. ::gets out fangs::

maybe we can hope that the person who is selling this, won't be able to sell it, and will eventually just use the coffin for himself.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm

But of course Elvis isn't alive and therefore this is in bad taste and a waste of space (and hopefully listing fees) on e-bay
rick

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:maybe we can hope that the person who is selling this, won't be able to sell it, and will eventually just use the coffin for himself.

no, we don´t hope so.
don´t forget, that eventually ev´rybody of us will use one of these wooden cases some day.

i go with kiwialan here.
i think it is funny. bad taste? yes. reason for a collective outcry? no.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:49 am

E-Cat wrote:Can it get any worse?

yes...

But the question really is: when and why exactly started people ridiculing Elvis.

Since I am sure there are many different reasons, I am interested to hear your thoughts.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 am

E-Cat wrote:
E-Cat wrote:Can it get any worse?

But the question really is: when and why exactly started people ridiculing Elvis.

Since I am sure there are many different reasons, I am interested to hear your thoughts.
I think the main reason it started (here in the UK)is because of the goldman book.People took what he said to be the truth. :roll:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 am

E-Cat wrote:But the question really is: when and why exactly started people ridiculing Elvis.

when?
it started back in the fifties with novelty songs about "elvin pretzel" and sketches about him.
why?
because everybody, that is so extremly popular will be ridiculed.
enviousness may be a factor.
and, of course, it became much easier to make fun of somebody, that had everything in the world going for him (fame, success, love, money) and nevertheless failed in the end.

Unbelieveable??

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:31 am

E-Cat wrote:

Anyone who is different and stands out from the crowd will inevitably attract a satirical response from a certain section of society.

Sometimes this humour is in very poor taste.

A related question is; how much does it matter? Some people believe that ANY publicity is good publicity no matter what. For instance, with regard to ETA's (whom we find tiresome), can you actually document any clear evidence that they are harmful to the promotion of the Elvis 'brand?' Do they put people off or do they serve to draw attention to THE MAN himself and therebye continue to attract new fans to maintain his following?

It's obvious what EPE thinks.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 am

Christopher wrote:and, of course, it became much easier to make fun of somebody, that had everything in the world going for him (fame, success, love, money) and nevertheless failed in the end.

Actually he did not have real love and that is why he failed in the end.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:29 am

Abbi wrote:
Christopher wrote:and, of course, it became much easier to make fun of somebody, that had everything in the world going for him (fame, success, love, money) and nevertheless failed in the end.

that explanation is much too simple for me, abbi.

did you ever get the idea, that (maybe) he could have had too early too much of it (attention, love, adoration)?
or, as sonny once said: "he had it in the palm of his hand(s) and the drugs took it away from him".

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Christopher wrote:
Abbi wrote:

that explanation is much too simple for me, abbi.

did you ever get the idea, that (maybe) he could have had too early too much of it (attention, love, adoration)?
or, as sonny once said: "he had it in the palm of his hand(s) and the drugs took it away from him".

I used the term "real love" rather than the general love and adoration of his image you are talking about. Sometimes the simple explanations are the most profound.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Abbi

How does one know when they have true love?

Nigel

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:57 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
gareth wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Lighten up guys...................bad taste sure............but it made me smile :D
How can anyone who is an Elvis Fan smile at this piece of s**t ? :shock:

Kiwi has a strange sense of humour. :roll:

If Elvis was alive and this happened he (Elvis) would have laughed for days!

As I said, lighten up...it's just a bit of fun :D

Yeah... I'm having so much fun over this I only want to kill the guy a little bit... IS THERE NO F-ING LINE ANYMORE???

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Larry Geller did a good job with the hair.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:40 am

nigel wrote:Abbi

How does one know when they have true love?

Nigel

Er... one does not feel lonely any more.

How did we get to talking about true love in a thread about an Elvis skeleton in a coffin? :shock:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:14 am

Abbi wrote:How did we get to talking about true love in a thread about an Elvis skeleton in a coffin?

This is how:

Abbi wrote:Actually he did not have real love and that is why he failed in the end.

Any questions??

Tom

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:42 am

Sometimes I do regret... clicking on some of these threads!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:38 pm

This is just sick. :smt097 :smt098

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:35 am

elvisjock wrote:Larry Geller did a good job with the hair.

That couldn't be Geller's work. Geller's work looked like a helmet with sideburn chinstraps. The hair on the skeleton far surpasses Larry's coiffs.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 am

Did Elvis wear a rosary around his wrists? It's mostly a Catholic thing, and Elvis belonged to a Southern Protestant Church, AFAIK

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:49 am

Scatter and Spanish-Eyes.

Why do you have those two retro guys as part of your signature?

Waste of Hertz :D

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Scatter wrote:...Geller's work looked like a helmet with sideburn chinstraps...

I am going to do my absolute best to never forget that phrase! :lol: :lol: