All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:56 pm

Hi Mike! forgot to list that one, I have it too!!!

Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:14 pm

The original image was used on the “Heartbreak Hotel” EP sleeve:

It’s worth noting that these compilations are aimed at the general public. The collector is well served by BMG, and those that already own this material don’t need to rush out and buy it again if they don’t wish to. Personally, unless I hear about significant improvements in the sound quality, I’ll be quite happy to skip this one.
Last edited by rockinrebel on Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O Come All Ye Faithful

Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:45 pm

I assume it's a mistake to list "The First Noel" twice and omit "O Come All Ye Faithful" from Disc 1?

Mystery Train

Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:46 pm

Hello,

To Dr. Carpenter and unclefester:

Both of you mentioned that the cover shot of Christmas Peace was a Alfred Wertheimer photo. I'd like to know what makes you say that. That shot has never appeared in any Wertheimer photo book that I can recall of. If you document a Wertheimer book where he used this photo it would surprise me. Just because the photo was taken during one of Elvis' trips to New York for the Dorsey Brothers show and that Wertheimer photographed Elvis during those trips doesn't necessarily mean Wertheimer took the photo. There were other photographers present as well. Granted Wertheimer's photos are well-known from this time period in Elvis' career however it doesn't mean every early 1956 photo of Elvis is a Wertheimer photo.

However, I would have to agree with both of your sentiments as well as many others that the artwork for Christmas Peace is definitely top-notch.

Daryl