All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:55 pm

In Holland we call him: 'Paul Oplichter' - freetranslated: Paul the Conmen...

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:22 pm

I've had a look at his website again - i wish i knew how to post pics here. He's selling autographs that I will certainly agree have all been signed by the same person - but that person was certainly not Elvis.

There's a 1969 vegas menu for $4000 signed in gold pen, along with lots of others that were signed "by my friend Elvis".

Unbelievable.

Re: Elvis Autograph on Paul Lichter Book

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:11 pm

davidtcb1 wrote:Hello all...

Bought a life long collector's entire collection recently. In the lot was the Paul Lichter book, "Elvis In Hollywood." On the back cover is a written message: "To Paul...I like this one best. Elvis Presley" The scan is below...anyone think this may be legit? The book came out in 76 I believe. That's all I know about the history of the item. I bought the collection from the daughter of the collector (who died recently) and she knows nothing of its history either.

Thanks!
David

Well knowing who paul Lichter is, I will say that this is FAKE, for sure. Paul Lichter himself is MR. FAKE. An a***ole faking everything.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:45 pm

unclefester wrote:You guys better stop picking on Paul.....you're going to get JLGB upset....and you know what happens when JLGB gets upset....don't you?.........he hids under the bed.......who wants that on their conscience?

He's not hiding under his bed. You should be ashamed for saying such a thing. Truth be known, he's got his headphones on right now listening over and over to Elvis singing, "Trying To Get To Hughes."

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:59 am

Rob wrote:Truth be known, he's got his headphones on right now listening over and over to Elvis singing, "Trying To Get To Hughes."
Yep and Raised On Rock with a FEEL not FEAR.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:30 am

The original post was not meant as a "set up" of any kind. It was a legitimate search for an opinion, and like most every other post I've been involved with on this site, ended up being a petty argument. Kinda sorry I asked...hard to get a simple answer around here without everyone coming out of the woodwork swinging their rods.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:12 am

It's a tough one, the signature does have some
merit in my opinion or just a very good forgery

PEP, I have studied Elvis's handwriting for a long time, and have even evaluated autographed Elvis pieces for most of the Major auction houses (When they actually care whether or not it's real), and I can tell you, with absoutely NO DOUBT or reservation, that this is NOT Elvis's handwriting, and not a good forgery either. For the most obvious way to tell this is fake, I would tell you to notice with the autograph examples that you posted that Elvis generally clearly defined the "resle" is Presley, this is commonly lost in forgeries (as in this one).

You may point out that the "yours Elvis Presley" signature you posted in red does not show this charachteristic, and indeed it doesn't, but it IS authentic. I would wager you that this signature is on the back of a sun publicity photo and was obtained between Sept 55 and Jan 56, Elvis seemed to like signing with red pen during this period.

The reason that signature doesn't have a clearly defined "resle" is that it is a thin piece of paper that was probably signed in a hurry on a poor writing surface (like the palm of Elvis's hand or someone's back), but this signature also has definitive Presley charachteristics, the shape, flow, and relative proportion of the letters, that the Lichter signature, which is forced, deliberate, and awkward, does not have. Compare closely the words "like" and "one" in the samples you posted and you will notice that the writing is in fact VERY dissimilar to Elvis's handwriting.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:00 pm

davidtcb1 wrote:The original post was not meant as a "set up" of any kind. It was a legitimate search for an opinion, and like most every other post I've been involved with on this site, ended up being a petty argument. Kinda sorry I asked...hard to get a simple answer around here without everyone coming out of the woodwork swinging their rods.
I am sorry. Not intended really for you but there are some posters that are sometimes useful for everyone but many times really useless Imo..but they might think that people really like to listen to the same scratched record repeating over and over and over....This is a big place here..easy to get out of people's way if you don't like them. Or In my case if they do not like me....

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:48 pm

I appreciate it JLGB....You are correct though, some of the folks are on here to argue about the most ridiculous things that mean nothing and usually are so far off topic it's not funny. It shouldn't be a contest of "here's what I know and you don't" but a place to discuss the reason we are all here - Elvis - that's the common thread. Of course, so many people have lost common courtesy and sense these days, nothing surprises me anymore. Thank you for the sensible reply.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:09 pm

davidtcb1 wrote:I appreciate it JLGB....You are correct though, some of the folks are on here to argue about the most ridiculous things that mean nothing and usually are so far off topic it's not funny. It shouldn't be a contest of "here's what I know and you don't" but a place to discuss the reason we are all here - Elvis - that's the common thread. Of course, so many people have lost common courtesy and sense these days, nothing surprises me anymore. Thank you for the sensible reply.
No problem. :) I had an autograph dream (really!) and in the dream ..some friends and I are in some fair or bazar with ferris wheel etc..and in the middle of the crowd there is ELVIS! (I was a kid in the dream in the 70s) :) and he is signing away like in the home movies on the movie sets etc..and one of my kid friends somehow breaks through the crowd and I can see him coming with a piece of paper or something waving it with a big grin and of course I am thinking wow!!! He got one!! But all of a sudden a guy from nowhere really tall snatches it from my friend and with a look of disgust tells all of us surrounding (by now) kids...one word. FAKE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:46 pm

dream or nightmare? haha

david

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm not really sure why the sig would be a fake... I have this book and as it was released and sold before Elvis' death... I never really considered that it could be fake... looks pretty real to me. Regardless of Paul's rep... this is an excellent book with repro's of all Elvis' movie posters and some great pictures to boot. I don't remember what it cost at the time... probably because I was 7... but the book is worth having. I'll have to dig it out... I remember it has a beautiful color pic of Elvis from June 1973 at the front wearing a gold scarf... I remember that one because I pulled it out of the book and framed it... WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

Inscription is FAKE.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:41 am

unclefester wrote:The autograph and the inscription are fake....this information is directed at those who think it's real. They are the reason people like Paul Lichter remain is business. Did you know Paul is basically afraid to answer his phone.....that he screens every call....did you hear that?.....he screens EVERY TELEPHONE CALL........and if he recognizes a number......he has call display....that would connect him to someone who is not happy with him.....he will let his answering machine pick up the call......If.....one the other hand you are just some poor schmuck looking to spend some money......he will pickup the phone as you are leaving your name and number on his answering machine. That's how he operates......JLGB......I assume you answer your phone at home like a normal person....it rings......you answer. Not your friend Pauly boy......The internet and more correctly this mb allows us to venture forth information that can assist our fellow collectors. Guys like Lichter use to pretty much have the ability to run wild and on a worldwide basis. But with the internet.....news of their activites travel quickly. Lichters reputation is soiled and sullied.....he continues to sell fake autographs on his website.....and some here aren't atuned to those facts. That's how guys like Lichter stay in business....the uninformed........the believers......One more thing JLGB.....your man Paul reads this messge board on a regular basis......long before you got here....he even posted on here.....under the name appollo....he doesn't post here anymore.....but you can bet your ass he still visits to read the posts.....I have nothing positive to say to him or about him......how about you?...........uf

Every single thing posted above by UF is correct.

-----------------------------

Lichter has a hero's torso, but a cowards legs. He has had to hire bodyguards at large Elvis functions to protect him from fans (& even MMM's) who would like to kick his posterior ............ for all of the things he has done to others his entire existence.

The guy, ironically, has a lot to offer The EP World, if he just weren't so damm crooked. This also is one reason he is so good at what he does.

Lichter is a cancer on The EP World that older fans have been able to develop an immunity to with exposure; he is only a threat to new / novice / ignorant fans.

------------------------------

N8