All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JLGB wrote:I hope Ernst gets this project out of the way soon.

"Out of the way"?
BMG, FTD has gone further downhill lately with Ernst seemingly (and others) just concentrating on that Sun project. I am pretty sure it will be an awsome package. But then what? Will we keep on trucking? (imo) But someone has to start getting the EP catalog in shape because it is a mess. It has taken a while for it to get like that. As far back as(1999) when mistakes such as releasing first album(67735-2) with Heartbreak Hotel as opener! And 5(five) first album CDs later comes FTD "final" version. I know now why I still have not gotten around to getting it. Thats just 1 (one) example of many.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:07 am

I look forward to it, as well, and I just assume Jorgensen and company take as long as they need to make it just right, but having it out on the 30th anniversary will be fitting. After all, we don't need to have any of the reservations that some have for certain FTD's (say, "New Year's Eve," or even "His Hand In Mine- Special Edition")...

If it's not ready this summer, I can wait as I assume most of us can. (In the meantime, for clock-watching abstainers, indulge yourself on '04's superb "Elvis At Sun" already! You really haven't heard the Elvis Sun sides yet..!)

As for the original point of this thread, the retail CD market in 2007 is on the decline, sadly, so it is the collector specialty market (such as the great work being done at Rhino Select and "Hip-O" Records) where the Elvis Sun boxset makes the most sense economically. We'll enjoy it just as much or maybe more so as a result.

If anything, while it is sad to see the decline in mainstream interest in real physical albums with actual design, liner notes, photos, etc., some would argue the specialty market is now even more indulgent for hard-core fans, now that it doesn't have to "play in Peoria."

Now if only "Follow That Dream" would put up even a rudimentary website.... :wink:

http://www.rhino.com/store/collectibles_store.lasso

http://www.hip-oselect.com/

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:16 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Now if only "Follow That Dream" would put up even a rudimentary website.... :wink:

There is one though it doesn't give anything away. All the info is culled from Elvisnews.com.

http://www.followthatdream.com/

Ernst has gone on record as saying he has "no earth shattering rarity to tempt you with", or something along those lines.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:39 am

JLGB wrote:FTD has gone further downhill lately

Yes indeed - as evidenced by that really poor "His Hand In Mine" release.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:50 am

ekenee wrote:I for am glad that Ernst is taking his time with this project. It is much too important to rush out. I was one of the ones that said that I didn't care if it took a while just along as it was done right. I kind of wish he took more time on other projects as well just to make sure mistakes are not made. Given that, I do hope it gets released soon. It sounds like it will be great.

My thoughts exactly!

August is not that far away. It's gonna be fantastic. I can't wait to read this thing, look at all those photos, documents, etc...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:53 am

Spellbinder wrote:

I do not have it but if it is done by my friend Sebastian then it should be good.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Delboy wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Now if only "Follow That Dream" would put up even a rudimentary website.... :wink:

There is one though it doesn't give anything away. All the info is culled from Elvisnews.com.

http://www.followthatdream.com/

Ernst has gone on record as saying he has "no earth shattering rarity to tempt you with", or something along those lines.

This is NOT an official Follow That Dream site.

Ernst did promise one two or three years ago.

The excuse that they are to busy is getting a little pathetic.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:07 pm

JLGB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

I do not have it but if it is done by my friend Sebastian then it should be good.

I have this on its way to me, what is wrong with the "His Hand in Mine" release?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:04 pm

quote: I have this on its way to me, what is wrong with the "His Hand in Mine" release?

He is being sarcastic. Nothing is wrong with it. but then he did miss the point written above. I think the "further down hill" was probably referring to the "unchained melody" cd with its sound problems.
If more time was taken, that should and could have been corrected.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:26 am

ekenee wrote:quote: I have this on its way to me, what is wrong with the "His Hand in Mine" release?

He is being sarcastic. Nothing is wrong with it. but then he did miss the point written above. I think the "further down hill" was probably referring to the "unchained melody" cd with its sound problems.

Has Ernst said anything more than just "It's recorded badly" about the sound problem on "Where No One Stands Alone"?? If not, then there will be at least one FTD cd missing from my collection - I understand that there are at least two bootleg releases that has this particular song; can anyone tell me the name of those cd's, please?

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:38 am

Kingtiger0321 wrote:
JLGB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

I have this on its way to me, what is wrong with the "His Hand in Mine" release?
Nothing I am sure although have not heard. It is called sarcasm,irony or something along those lines. Sometimes it is hard to read how things are written! :lol: Depending what part of the country you are from...trying to get to hughes..you all..... :)

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 am

JLGB wrote:Depending what part of the country you are from...trying to get to hughes..you all..... :)

"Hughes ..." :?: That's funny ...

I always thought it was "You's ..." :lol:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:00 am

minkahed wrote:
JLGB wrote:Depending what part of the country you are from...trying to get to hughes..you all..... :)

"Hughes ..." :?: That's funny ...

I always thought it was "You's ..." :lol:
:lol:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:04 am

minkahed wrote:I always thought it was "You's ..."

It was.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 am

I have heard Hughes for 29 years and I am gonna keep on hearing that!

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 am

Have fun (but you might want to listen again).

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:13 am

Yes, he's referring to the "Youse" - kind of New York/ New Jersey
thing.... :lol: That's actually how media people write the word when some local says "you's."

J.L.:........"Hughes" :?: :roll: :oops:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:00 am

Rob wrote:
minkahed wrote:I always thought it was "You's ..."

It was.

Rob ... I know ... :wink:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 pm

Jth wrote:
ekenee wrote:quote: I have this on its way to me, what is wrong with the "His Hand in Mine" release?

Has Ernst said anything more than just "It's recorded badly" about the sound problem on "Where No One Stands Alone"?? If not, then there will be at least one FTD cd missing from my collection - I understand that there are at least two bootleg releases that has this particular song; can anyone tell me the name of those cd's, please?

It's on http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/moody.htm and on http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/coming.htm . See also http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lis ... 091977.htm .

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:13 am

noone answered rock around the clock,little mama?

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:28 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Yes, he's referring to the "Youse" - kind of New York/ New Jersey
thing.... :lol: That's actually how media people write the word when some local says "you's."

J.L.:........"Hughes" :?: :roll: :oops:
Elvis did not use any NY or NJ talk..I thought or think it was Hughes because it was going up in the lower middle class and that was a step up??? And Elvis was talking about the olden days well at least an old song! Anyway not embarrassed about it..

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 am

Just read this...exactly what I meant..

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:41 am

ritchie valens wrote:
noone answered rock around the clock,little mama?

Ernst answered this question earlier. The FTD Sun box won't include RATC and LM ,because these songs are not in the BMG vaults. But there will be unreleased alternate takes and live recordings,plus interviews,demos and radio ads.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 am

Elvis in 1977 quote:

"It's called Tryin' to get to you....or

You all.......according to what part of the country your from.

or you's. .... Ya'll" .

You's is east coast dilect speech pattern. But only in pockets.

Italian American I would guess.

Hughes, does not even make sense within the context.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:29 am

ekenee wrote:Elvis in 1977 quote:

"It's called Tryin' to get to you....or

You all.......according to what part of the country your from.

or you's. .... Ya'll" .

You's is east coast dilect speech pattern. But only in pockets.

Italian American I would guess.

Hughes, does not even make sense within the context.
Thank you. Good explanation and now makes sense to me. Otherwise it would still be Hughes. :lol: Does not hurt to be nice. :)