All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:58 am

Nora Sivle wrote:HELLO WARNER OR EPE >>>YOU FORGOT SOMETHING! AS####S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rpA0fKxGc#GU5U2spHI_4


My God, they did lost 1 billion dollar because of these videos on Youtube which they haven't ever released! :shock: Like little kids who have toys but doesn't any other play with those.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:14 am

I'll have to scan through and see how much is really gone. I would hope most of you have or are planning on getting the Star DVDs that are so often posted here, as well as some of the great rare footage from the likes of '70sElvisIsBest and other folks.


Maybe I'm just a "hard-copy" kind of guy, but this should prompt anyone who has been coasting on Youtube to get their own copies in the import market.

If all this is true about EPE and others cracking down, it seems Youtube is on the downward path of the once-mighty "Napster" (the original or most popular original file-swapping site in the US) although it's likely the Youtube model (even when man-handled by corporate lawyers) may still have some legs for years to come...

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:58 pm

They removed some of my videos too.
Sweet Caroline & In the Ghetto.
No "On Tour" clips yet. Nor "Aloha from Hawaii".

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:36 am

Let me see if I get this straight....

EPE opens an account at YouTube for 10 freaking days just to eliminate all of the bootleg or officially released footage? Or am I wrong?

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:06 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:45 pm

For those who haven`t seen this yet should do before it`s too late, it`s great :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6DH1VQ3 ... ed&search=

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:06 am

Steve_M wrote:macuser, you've picked a piece of footage not owned by EPE or the big big gun movie houses to demonstrate that EPE are not behind the removal of some clips on U-tube.

The clips that have been removed relate to footage owned by EPE or also that of MGM Turner.

It has been months of people adding clips to Utube and EPE have made a noticable dent in the content, it appears, in just 10 days. whilst they may not have directly approached Utube themselves they due have an agreement, a duty of care if you like, to inform other compaines of these situations with recipricol agreements in return.

My account on Utube isn't one I'd miss. If I got the chance to have the time i might enjoy a game of cat and mouse...... :wink:


Please do, Steve!

Yes, I noticed that suddenly a search for "Elvis" (at least the other day) turned up almost as many for that "Costello" fellow as Mr. Presley! :evil: :roll: That was not the case until recently.

And if EPE/ Time-Warner, et al. are taking down copyrighted material, where's the action on CBS or "This Is Elvis" footage like this, which always comes up high in a search?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu5wZtlvIRI



**********

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Steve_M wrote:macuser, you've picked a piece of footage not owned by EPE or the big big gun movie houses to demonstrate that EPE are not behind the removal of some clips on U-tube.

The clips that have been removed relate to footage owned by EPE or also that of MGM Turner.


Exactly.

They are well within their rights to do that.

But it's a shame they don't let some of it sit. Rather than denting those DVD sales (or potential DVD sales), I'd call those clips free publicity.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Warner Bross removed my TTWII and EOT outtake videos long before EPE join the Youtube but strangely not all of them removed I don't know how they search and decide to remove the videos but it is so upsetting.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 am

EPE are the ultimate 'killjoys'.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:53 am

I have found a survivor on my youtube account :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDL1HdGpY6o

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:21 am

Here's an interesting article on the subject:

Google and YouTube: A Catch-22

Corporations have complained about YouTube's copyright infringements, but if Google complies with their wishes, it risks angering users


http://www.businessweek.com/technology/ ... tion=link3



***************

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Steve_M wrote:My account on Utube isn't one I'd miss. If I got the chance to have the time i might enjoy a game of cat and mouse...... :wink:


Please do, Steve!


Heh heh heh.... i posted the Patch It Up full video version i made with all the angles on it at any one time....let's see how long it lasts.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=XfqELhwM8Bw

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:25 am

Steve_M wrote:
Heh heh heh.... i posted the Patch It Up full video version i made with all the angles on it at any one time....let's see how long it lasts.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=XfqELhwM8Bw


Good stuff steve!!! :D


8)

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:26 am

Really good stuff!
But I love the Polk Salad Annie video of your's.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:13 am

Steve_M wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Steve_M wrote:My account on Utube isn't one I'd miss. If I got the chance to have the time i might enjoy a game of cat and mouse...... :wink:


Please do, Steve!


Heh heh heh.... i posted the Patch It Up full video version i made with all the angles on it at any one time....let's see how long it lasts.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=XfqELhwM8Bw
great footage, gave yah 5 stars and a Thankyouverymuch...

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Thank you for Clips Steve I hope we will get the legal EOT TTWII CBS videos one day but till then long live internet freedom

That is my link for my rare Elvis Videos: http://www.youtube.com/erhantitiz

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:21 pm

The fun police strike again.
I love the Elvis clips on Youtube
rick

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Now Warner has removed American Trilogy video which had over 130,000 viewers :? So it was a big hit and what happens? EPE wan't Elvis hits in Youtube and then Warner removes those.

These has been removed too:

What Now My Love (over 60,000 viewers)
Unchained Melody (over 100,000 viewers)
Aloha's American Trilogy (over 50,000 viewers)
Don't Be Cruel music video (over 250,000 viewers, most watched Elvis video in Youtube)
Hound Dog in Milton Berle Show (over 51,000 viewers)

So my question to EPE: How In the h_e_l_l you can get Elvis hit in Youtube if there isn't any Elvis videos which are worth watching? Of course Tweaked Elvis video is there still today.

I think better promotion to Elvis isn't in Internet than Youtube. It's highly popular and often mentioned in newspapers. If EPE want's sold more Aloha and Comeback Special DVD's, they should definetely left those few videos from those concerts be in Youtube. It is nothing but a good promotion for the DVD's.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:30 pm

They've propably hired the same marketing guys that were involved with That's The Way It Is: Special Edition :twisted:

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:34 pm

Jth wrote:They've propably hired the same marketing guys that were involved with That's The Way It Is: Special Edition :twisted:


Haha, yes, the probably have :D
What I've heard workers of EPE doesn't even know much about Elvis.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 pm

They removed my profile because of the Elvis Clips I still had.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 am

That's a shame, Denman. I knew Youtube couldn't last as it was, especialy after they let Google buy 'em out.

I recall someone (was it this thread?) mentioning a bunch of lower-profile youtube-inspired sites that one can freely enjoy such stuff. I'd love to know what they are - and let's all agree to meet there... :lol:

changeofhabit wrote:Now Warner has removed American Trilogy video which had over 130,000 viewers :? So it was a big hit and what happens? EPE wan't Elvis hits in Youtube and then Warner removes those.

These has been removed too:

What Now My Love (over 60,000 viewers)
Unchained Melody (over 100,000 viewers)
Aloha's American Trilogy (over 50,000 viewers)
Don't Be Cruel music video (over 250,000 viewers, most watched Elvis video in Youtube)
Hound Dog in Milton Berle Show (over 51,000 viewers)

So my question to EPE: How In the h_e_l_l you can get Elvis hit in Youtube if there isn't any Elvis videos which are worth watching? Of course Tweaked Elvis video is there still today.
I think better promotion to Elvis isn't in Internet than Youtube. It's highly popular and often mentioned in newspapers. If EPE want's sold more Aloha and Comeback Special DVD's, they should definetely left those few videos from those concerts be in Youtube. It is nothing but a good promotion for the DVD's.


That "Tweaked" video: isn't it that one with the '77 footage and some jerk going off about his drug usage? How does THAT stay up? CBS, call your office!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:28 am

Yeah I agree with you Greg...they need to do something about that...! :roll: