All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

YouTube-Elvis-It's Over?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:50 am

EPE has an YouTube account only for 10 days now, as you may know?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ElvisPresleyCentral

And when I just checked my e-mail, I recieved 8 mails notifying me that
they removed all TTWII clips I shared on YouTube,they removed or disabled access to the TTWII material as a result of a third-party notification by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. claiming that this material is infringing.
And I just checked some ElvisNews sites and they are also claiming EPE have removed all On Tour Clips allready!

Could this also mean that EPE is actually behind the TTWII clips removal,or just Warner?

If it's EPE then it would be a dirty trick.
They saw that Elvis was getting bigger and populair on YouTube!And now THEY want to be the only ones where you can go to when you want to see Elvis clips???????? They really want to have it all???

I guess Elvis In Concert Clips will also be history in the near future...Could this mean the end for Elvis on YouTube as we knew it?

I really hope not.....

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:57 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:00 am

It's a damn shame! They are lower then I thought...much lower then JD;-)

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:12 am

I wonder if EPE or Turner are planning something with regard to TTWII or EOT and that's why they're deleting all of the u-tube video's.

It may not be all bad in the end :wink:

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:17 am

Keith F wrote:I wonder if EPE or Turner are planning something with regard to TTWII or EOT and that's why they're deleting all of the u-tube video's.

It may not be all bad in the end :wink:

That crossed my mind too! , Just a few months back they indeed removed some Ed Sullivan Clips I shared,and then came the masterfull DVD set.., Could It ??? Would it???

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:55 am

i had peace in the valley (ed sullivan) deleted about half a year ago.

and i was responsible for the limited run of "song of the south" on youtube. a couple hundred people saw it! then of course the sweet children's film about a wise ex-slave (in fact, the smartest character in the film) teaching a little boy with parental and bully issues various fables to apply to his life--it got deleted for being inappropriate. still bitter, indeed. still, it had a fabulous little run. :twisted:

*edit* wow, i just checked youtube and all the ttwii and eot stuff really is gone. except for a few which seemed to slip by them...

and heck yes do i want the completest versions of ttwii and eot on dvd.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:19 am

Sorry, but ... EPE are within their rights to do this. That footage is owned by other companies and EPE itself maintains the image of Elvis. I can't blame them one bit.

But they still suck for doing this. :P

Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:23 am

I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes, do they own the rights for concert footage taken by fans at the concerts? EPE is just pretty much doing what the hell they want to do. They know they can do it and everyone is going to sit back take it. I guess with a big money making business like theirs no one could really do anything about it. It's sad though because this is one helluva way to promote and turn Elvis onto new generations of fans

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:54 am

Interesting..I was just starting to really enjoy youtube! :(

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:33 am

Steve_M wrote:If they remove my "unique" Elvis In Concert clip then it's going to be uploaded again plus another clip for every time they do it.

Hey EPE - sue me! you're gonna get poorer on your costs exceeding my net worth.

Right on, Steve! :lol:

With the exception of some of those nasty postings of the worst moments of "EIC," Youtube is one of the best things to happen to the Elvis world in terms of exposure in some time, Cryo's (understandable) legal misgivings aside.

There had better be a silver lining to this otherwise, EPE (etc.) is as clueless as we always say.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:07 am

ElvisPresley854 wrote: It's sad though because this is one helluva way to promote and turn Elvis onto new generations of fans

Actually, in the case of the Elvis in Concert CBS footage, it was probably a helluva way of doing just the opposite. Here's hoping EPE themselves put up some really impressive footage.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:45 am

Is it just dvd rip footage that has been pulled because I can still find plenty of outtakes?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:20 pm

I hate to agree with Keith again, but my thoughts too.

Hopefully the positive result will be that Warners will see the enthusiasm that Elvis fans have for this kind of material and they will finally release the long-awaited 'Elvis On Tour' DVD.
2007 has to be the key year to market these major releases.
As I am sure EPE is involved, it is pretty pathetic that EPE has only posted 3 videos at their 'Elvis Central'.

IF, IF, IF, it means that we finally see "EOT" DVD this year then I am more than happy. Ernst has been holding on to his 'On Tour' CD upgrade since, I guess, 2002 when he mentioned it so he must be champing at the bit to release it.

With mp3 downloads taking over as the preferred music format, the money to be made from the CD world is fast petering out. The FTD label also has a finite life expectancy - and then boy won't some of us be sorry for all those nasty words we have been posting!

Keep pumping them out Ernst - and give Warners another kick up the butt.

Cheers
Piers

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:51 pm

Well I just checked out the 3 videos EPE has put up on youtube. Is it me or are the first two comments posted on the trailer for the Ultimate Film Collection a little suspect:

siciliano66 - WOW! I didn't know it came with all those extras! What an awesome collection for the Ultimate Elvis Fan

annemaree - This sure is a fantastic collection!!! I already have several of Elvis` Movies, but being the Elvis Fan To The Max that I am, I would love to own this Ultimate Film Collection.

Haha "Elvis Fan To The Max".....ku-lassic!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOUTUBE

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:26 pm

I read in the papers that Youtube was being forced to shut down over the Saddam hanging footage posted on there, along with the ridiculous footage of people trying to set light to their own farts etc?!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:35 pm

Steve_M wrote:If they remove my "unique" Elvis In Concert clip then it's going to be uploaded again plus another clip for every time they do it.

Hey EPE - sue me! you're gonna get poorer on your costs exceeding my net worth.

Don;t uploading again if the clip is removed, youtube will deleted your account on youtube, i had the same warning from YouTube.

EPE do nothing for elvis, they will to deleted soo much as possible clips, i don';t know why, the clips that EPE had Uploaded are ridiculous, other elvisfans postings nice clips of elvis, I don't get it and I won't get it.

There are so many clips of elvis and so beautiful, "we" elvisfans do that for elvis, EPE is crap, like the rest behind EPE.

The only thing that EPE does is a recall to elvis imitators for the money, that has nothing to do with elvis, the clips on YouTube has everything to do with elvis, elvisfans loved those clips. EPE do not put themselves this type clips on YouTube, they don't wanna pleased the elvisfans, instead they are posting a ridiculous Santa Claus.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Well, I think it's Warner who want's those out from there. They wan't more money, billions of dollars isn't enough. They remove EOT outtakes from web, do they release those on DVD? No.

If EPE thinks that with three their videos they can have hit on Youtube, they are stupid. I mean, none of those videos have anything to became a hit. Don't Be Cruel music video with over 230,000 viewers is a hit. It was made with love of Elvis' music, not because they wanted hit on Youtube (yeah I know, that music video is from 80's or something). UPLOAD '68 COMEBACK SPECIAL videos and you might have little hit.

If they remove big Elvis videos like My Way and If I Can Dream with over 100,000 viewers, they delete already excist Elvis hits. If they are stupid they do that....

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Youtube has been great for not only EP fans, but for non-fans as well. Having watched so many of these videos, the response has been fantastic, especially from people who weren't fans before. They get past the crap that they grew up with and see his god given talent, amongst his many other gifts as well, especially his humour, most people don't realize how funny he was. I think TJ is right, perhaps EPE will put up "some impressive footage," one could only hope.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:59 pm

One TTWII video which hasn't been removed yet has more than 130,000 viewers and it's a hit :? :?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough before:

EPE really suck for doing this. They're shooting themselves in the foot. Again. They're about as anti-Elvis as they come. The Colonel's possessive-destructive legacy lives on.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:20 pm

HELLO WARNER OR EPE >>>YOU FORGOT SOMETHING! AS####S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rpA0fKxGc#GU5U2spHI_4

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:52 am

actually there are a lot more clips on there. :wink: