All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:51 am

Kylan wrote:
JLGB wrote:I haven't said anything about a hater or even mentioned him or really know.. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 3D157CF29F

holy smokes JL i usually dont send kudos your way but man that made my hair stand on end! good grief, that was awesome!! thanks man!! gotta listen to that one again...
Thanks...sounds great everywhere..I have played it. I surprised myself but that performance was waiting for my ass! :lol:
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:55 am

JLGB...wow! like excellent........if only my FTD sounded like this! i'll put this in a copy of it straight away-thanks! :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:49 am

:)
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:05 am

your first link doesn't seem to be working...

Keeps saying the file is blocked. :cry:

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:25 am

wow! JLGB i burnt a copy of the FTD disc with YOUR version of where no one stands alone inserted in it and my enjoyment went up 100% sounds kinda like he's singing in a big room, but the clarity and expression that came through blew me away- thanks for correcting my FTD and making my 'wish come true!'. :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:33 am

YDKM wrote:wow! JLGB i burnt a copy of the FTD disc with YOUR version of where no one stands alone inserted in it and my enjoyment went up 100% sounds kinda like he's singing in a big room, but the clarity and expression that came through blew me away- thanks for correcting my FTD and making my 'wish come true!'. :lol:
Thanks it was not meant to replace anything. BTW I think we found a "lost" gem!!! :)
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:35 am

:)
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 pm

:lol: yeah but JLGB you made 'MY WISH COME TRUE!' :wink:

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 pm

I can't get it, it keeps saying it's blocked, JLGB or anybody else, help please.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Are you there Joe?

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:15 pm

JLGB wrote:http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4D6BE19B6FCE8F95

Fantastic audio quality. But I will be shopping around for a boot, because I will not be buying "Unchained Melody" ...guess my FTD collection will have holes in it.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:17 pm

JLGB wrote:Are you there Joe?

Yes.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Joe Car wrote:
JLGB wrote:Are you there Joe?

Yes.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... FF4EA0F993

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:33 pm

That was beautiful, thanks JLGB!

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:40 pm

That has inspired me more than the original. Beautiful,touching.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:46 pm

I'm not sure what you did to that recording JLGB bit it sounds fantastic! I wish all the soundboards sounded like this! THANKS! :D

JEFF d
EAP fan

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm

JEFF d wrote:I'm not sure what you did to that recording JLGB bit it sounds fantastic! I wish all the soundboards sounded like this! THANKS! :D

JEFF d
EAP fan
Those FEB 77 soundboards sound great. Just lowering levels from original ,very slight compression,EQ and a little ambience (studio reverb) to show off the range and room with such a VOICE . And the most important thing....LOVE for EP.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm

JLGB, can you do the same trick with Reconsider Baby?
My favourite cut on this cd.....

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 pm

I haven't recieved my copy of "Unchained Melody" yet, and I can't hear JLGB's version either, but if it's possible to make "Where No One Stands Alone" sound better than on the FTD release - wouldn't it be nice if Madison included a remastered version on a kind of follow-up tp "Let It Roll"? That would make me one happy fella for sure.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I haven't recieved my copy of "Unchained Melody" yet, and I can't hear JLGB's version either, but if it's possible to make "Where No One Stands Alone" sound better than on the FTD release - wouldn't it be nice if Madison included a remastered version on a kind of follow-up tp "Let It Roll"? That would make me one happy fella for sure.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Why should Madison do this?
There are 2 bootlegs around with this track in great, superior audio...

JLGB's version rules though! :wink:

Cheers, RJ

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:15 pm

The "new" version really sounds terrific. Thank you JLGB.

Remember that old commercial that said, "Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it?" I believe the same applies to reverb, used properly. Many collectors agree that, from a technical standpoint, Old Times Are Not Forgotten, Holding Back The Years and Let Me Take You Home are superior soundboard releases. The added reverb is a big reason.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:16 pm

not good yet...
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Robert wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I haven't recieved my copy of "Unchained Melody" yet, and I can't hear JLGB's version either, but if it's possible to make "Where No One Stands Alone" sound better than on the FTD release - wouldn't it be nice if Madison included a remastered version on a kind of follow-up tp "Let It Roll"? That would make me one happy fella for sure.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Why should Madison do this?

Simply because I don't have the original bootlegs! :wink:

Guess I'll have to hunt down a copy of "Coming On Strong". I have avoided that CD because I've figured the interesting songs on there would be released on FTD someday. And that has happened now with with "Unchained Melody". But, you know, I want "Where No One" in the best possible sound quality, it's such a special performance.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 pm

elvisjock wrote:The "new" version really sounds terrific. Thank you JLGB.

Remember that old commercial that said, "Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it?" I believe the same applies to reverb, used properly. Many collectors agree that, from a technical standpoint, Old Times Are Not Forgotten, Holding Back The Years and Let Me Take You Home are superior soundboard releases. The added reverb is a big reason.
BUT if done today would sound even better becasuse the plug ins are indistinguishable today from analog they copy or clone! Soundboards never meant to be heard in public and singer without reverb sounds more unrealistic than with fake reverb BECAUSE the singer sang hearing his voice bounce everywhere and adjusts attack etc. Thanks Elvis Jock for posting!
Last edited by Juan Luis on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:38 pm

JLGB wrote:
elvisjock wrote:The "new" version really sounds terrific. Thank you JLGB.

with reconsider baby I have it without..it as well...Less is better or none at all if it does not sound flat.

Are you working on a new link...?
Did you use the FTD source or FB for Reconsider Baby?

I think FB sounds better...

Cheers, RJ