All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Where No One Stands Alone

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 am

Remember those old bootleg ads?! You are there!! :lol:
Last edited by Juan Luis on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 am

Great job JLGB, interesting that this track on Unchained Melody FTD has NO reverb, there is also NO reverb on Coming On Strong boot....but there is echo/reverb on Moody Blue & Other Great Performances boot !

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Thanks! I took it from Coming On Strong.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:14 pm

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 1513AAB87C I wonder who is.....

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Great job. Sounds great!!

I am gutted that FTD messed this one up on Unchained. Disgraceful!! :evil:

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Really glad you liked it. Would like to comment that digital echo is just as good as analog or faithful copy....but then you wont here people say..great recording but the quality of that echo,reverb,delay was not that good. Should have been 24bit! :lol: But this one REALLY is!!! :D

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:38 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Great job. Sounds great!!

I am too!! im not sure i can face another day. can someone please pass me the harikari knife! :lol:

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:02 pm

Kylan wrote:

I am too!! im not sure i can face another day. can someone please pass me the harikari knife! :lol:

Well now I would not go that far, but maybe take your harikari knife and shove it up whoever is responsible's ass!! :shock:

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:30 pm

You guys should not complain so much lol!! When Elvis is singing it does not matter WHERE or On WHAT so enjoy that post here..first time I can repeat and repeat that track...what a voice...beautiful! :)

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:39 pm

JLGB wrote:...what a voice...beautiful! :)

Sure is man, sure is :D

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:35 pm

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... F62D29FA0A For those who missed..sounds awsome..surprised me. :)

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:57 pm

It's so damn easy to pimp soundboard stuff like this.
Great result. Thanks for posting JLGB!!! :wink:

Cheers, RJ

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:01 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
Kylan wrote:

Well now I would not go that far, but maybe take your harikari knife and shove it up whoever is responsible's ass!! :shock:

Kylan, and then find Lex from Elvisnews and do the same there too!!

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm

Please lets not hurt Lex... but I think he should retire from reviewing Cds. ;)

JEFF d
EAP fan

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 am

Robert wrote:It's so damn easy to pimp soundboard stuff like this.
Great result. Thanks for posting JLGB!!! :wink:

Cheers, RJ
:)

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 am

Every time i click on the link all i get is "file unavailable!" :cry:

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:28 am

YDKM wrote:Every time i click on the link all i get is "file unavailable!" :cry:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 9914477C29 :) Have you guys and gals noticed when EP highlights WORSE* than being alone..the SSSSSSSSS so cool...that there is singing. Nothing to do with the pipes (which were pretty much there) but phrasing that the 22 year or 32 year old did not have the experience only TIME does that....Its not about beautiful impecable,flawless singing....but of course its great if you have it...Elvis lost a lot after mid 60s but algebraically gained so much as well... FEELING. Imo. * also he was singing with reverb from sound people plus acoustics of the building..and with what I carefully added (no ini mini mini mo lol!) you could hear he was using his voice to highlight moments or phrases knowing how that dynamic sound was going to bounce off the buildings walls etc...That is why (for people against adding reverb delay,wet,dry etc very carefully) those soundboards without it sometimes makes Elvis sound bad..he would have sung differently(that is a fact) if he heard his voice flat with no echo etc..would have to sing more carefully...food for thought! :)

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:17 am

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 381CAD85E8

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:28 am

Well, JL, that's about 4 or so times that file won't work. :cry:

Thanks for cleaning up your messages.... :lol:

And I agree (from what I recall of the bootleg as I'm waiting on the new FTD) that he sounds good in that kind of late-period Elvis kind of way. I personally like that we have this track, as it's moving that he is even trying it.

It's too bad that I'm reading that the sound was messed up on the FTD.

And you're all right: that Lex is a "professional" '77 hater, like quite a few here. :lol: For the record, I find '77 a mixed bag, but worth sorting through.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:32 am

I haven't said anything about a hater or even mentioned him or really know.. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 3D157CF29F

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:59 am

STUNNING!

That sounds A-MAZING!

How'd you get it to sound that good, JLGB? It's so clear. Like crystal!

And Elvis' voice is ridiculously good. It sounds more like 1970! Are you sure the tape speed is correct or that you didn't tweak vocal frequencies or something? I know this might sound obscene, but I'll push my comment back another year: It sounds like 1969! The spontaneity of it. Like Elvis is actually *creating* music and not merely performing.

That's a keeper!

EDIT: I just realised that I have SRS WOW effects turned on for headphones in Windows Media Player. That adds considerably in my case. JLGB remastering + SRS WOW = WOW INDEED! It sounds like I'm there.

And again: the voice. What's going on there?! "Repeat, fellahs!" He sounds like 1970 Elvis when he says that -- no nasally, weak, old man voice! And this is from Feb 1977! FEBRRUARY 1977! Not only '77, but the Feb tour -- when Elvis looked really bad and performed like ass. Allegedly. OK, so his vocal is slightly wobbly, but only slightly, and the passion is there all the way. I like how the drums come in temporarily -- like they didn't know what to do or what to make of the performance! Brilliant off-the-cuff EP. So rare in this period, yet undeniably present.

Can anyone imagine a Dec 31st 1976 soundboard by JLGB? Bah! The possibilites!

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:25 am

JLGB wrote:I haven't said anything about a hater or even mentioned him or really know..

Didn't mean you, JL. We're just joking around and you must have missed the comments. You'd have to go to Elvisnews to know more about it.

Sounding great, by the way. Cryo' s right: I haven't heard this in a while but it's a real unqualified treat. He still could pull it out on certain songs, to the very end.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:37 am

JLGB wrote:I haven't said anything about a hater or even mentioned him or really know.. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 3D157CF29F

holy smokes JL i usually dont send kudos your way but man that made my hair stand on end! good grief, that was awesome!! thanks man!! gotta listen to that one again...

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 am

Cryogenic wrote:STUNNING!

That sounds A-MAZING!

How'd you get it to sound that good, JLGB? It's so clear. Like crystal!

And Elvis' voice is ridiculously good. It sounds more like 1970! Are you sure the tape speed is correct or that you didn't tweak vocal frequencies or something? I know this might sound obscene, but I'll push my comment back another year: It sounds like 1969! The spontaneity of it. Like Elvis is actually *creating* music and not merely performing.

That's a keeper!

EDIT: I just realised that I have SRS WOW effects turned on for headphones in Windows Media Player. That adds considerably in my case. JLGB remastering + SRS WOW = WOW INDEED! It sounds like I'm there.

And again: the voice. What's going on there?! "Repeat, fellahs!" He sounds like 1970 Elvis when he says that -- no nasally, weak, old man voice! And this is from Feb 1977! FEBRRUARY 1977! Not only '77, but the Feb tour -- when Elvis looked really bad and performed like ass. Allegedly. OK, so his vocal is slightly wobbly, but only slightly, and the passion is there all the way. I like how the drums come in temporarily -- like they didn't know what to do or what to make of the performance! Brilliant off-the-cuff EP. So rare in this period, yet undeniably present.

Can anyone imagine a Dec 31st 1976 soundboard by JLGB? Bah! The possibilites!
Thanks... FEB 12 :)
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:49 am

Wow! Terrific job JLGB. I gotta get that FTD. Elvis' performance brought tears to my eyes. The man was by no means a has been. Again, great job JLGB. Ernst, this guy's got talent.