All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: AUSTRALI*A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 am

JLGB wrote:Thanks Deke. I think with all your input this will be a much longer,permanent thread. and I hope and PROMOTE that plenty of side threads come out of here so we can concentrate on specifics ..........................business at hand...A Gem from Australia (date very early 80s?) no compression or noise reduction TME (to my ears) BPCD 5076 here is ITG http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 053AEF781D Ps. this is a find! But will show from now on by putting my excitement only on the subject post. :)

JL,

I missed this link - and the others (the same ones?) you posted right after it. Could you...would you....? :lol: (Re-post them, that is!)

Tom (from Ohio), I got the Vol. 5 Lp when it first came out in the '80s and the ten-songs total were about right. It's only as CD length as lengthened that this ten-songs on the first CD might seem so stingy...

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Just reading this....later :) ok?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:23 pm

JLGB, did you ever get me "pm" :?:

If you wouldn't mind, I sure would love to hear that file you posted.

I missed it again :!: :cry:

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:16 pm

minkahed wrote:JLGB, did you ever get me "pm" :?:

If you wouldn't mind, I sure would love to hear that file you posted.

I missed it again :!: :cry:
ok..got to check.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 am

For The Asking and The Lost album are TWO different masterings..Original release with great artwork by my the artist Mr. Tallhair is BETTER than the year later mastering of same album in the USA titled THE LOST AND FOUND ALBUM!! :lol: ..seriously it sounded and was thought best back in 1991 but with todays equipment it sounds ice,steel,glass compared to the 1990 release...so try to get the original plus bonus of GER's magnificent as always artwork... :smt023

Re: Original AMERICAN CD releases mastered by Dick Baxter

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:01 am

hounddawgs6499 wrote:
I still have my copy of the "Elvis' Gold Records, Vol. 5" CD. I thought the mixes were better than the '97 re-release (with extra tracks). My only gripe at the time was that it had only ten songs. Too bad they didn't use the same people (who handled the mix on the "GRV5" CD) to handle the mixes on the 1985 "Always On My Mind" album.

Tom (from Ohio)

Yeah, Always On My Mind, that was an awful-sounding album! How could they fail so completely? Both CD and vinyl are terrible, and what about that cover? I remember being shocked when I saw it the first time. The original Volume 5 has always been a favourite of mine, though.