All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:25 pm

deadringer wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Noooooo notttt worstttttt!

Shut up!! :) WORST! WORST!

Shut up yourself!! :x :wink:

Apologies for the multiple postings - the forum froze and I assumed it had not posted so submitted again (and again!!!).

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Haha... my mouth is closed :lol: What do you think about the sound of UNCHAINED? I got few copies today... I am listening first tracks now...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:59 pm

deadringer wrote:Haha... my mouth is closed :lol: What do you think about the sound of UNCHAINED? I got few copies today... I am listening first tracks now...

I assume you sound freaks have decent equipment at home..
Turn up the volume during songs like Jailhouse & Little sister.. it's fine!

In general the sound is too dry, and on top Elvis is kinda hoarse.
But the sound is the same as other Feb shows.
It would have been nice if FTD gave Elvis voice just a slight treatment, to make the sound a little warmer.

(Like DAE used to do in the past...)

Cheers, RJ
Last edited by Robert on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:01 pm

deadringer wrote:Haha... my mouth is closed :lol: What do you think about the sound of UNCHAINED? I got few copies today... I am listening first tracks now...

:oops: I am embarassed to say that I have not received mine yet, so cannot comment on sound, only on the front cover :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:30 pm

BIGREDG wrote:

:oops: I am embarassed to say that I have not received mine yet, so cannot comment on sound, only on the front cover :lol:

You can comment also inside design, it is on Elvisnews or Australian site if I remember? :lol: Anyway I found the sound to be just OK, but Where No One Stands Alone have definitive an error.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Robert wrote:
deadringer wrote:In general the sound is too dry, and on top Elvis is kinda hoarse.
It would have been nice if FTD gave Elvis voice just a slight treatment, to make the sound a little warmer.

Cheers, RJ

A matter of taste I think. Some people like the sound natural, some like it with reverb and compression used. About DAE... some CDs sound fantastic - OLD TIMES is the best of them. Also HOLDING BACK is very good. But for example LET ME TAKE sound unnatural to me, reverb was "overdosed".

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:54 pm

deadringer wrote:
Robert wrote:
deadringer wrote:In general the sound is too dry, and on top Elvis is kinda hoarse.

Cheers, RJ

A matter of taste I think. Some people like the sound natural, some like it with reverb and compression used. About DAE... some CDs sound fantastic - OLD TIMES is the best of them. Also HOLDING BACK is very good. But for example LET ME TAKE sound unnatural to me, reverb was "overdosed".

Yep, and that's probably why FTD decides not to mess with the sound and just leaves it the way it was recorded.
Problem is of course these tapes were never intended to be released this way, and they do not represent the shows how they actually sounded.

But you are right, somehow many fans like it this way, so that must be the right decision by FTD.

I would have liked to see things different however.

Cheers, RJ

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:42 am

I like the front picture, but the rest isn't that good - too put it this way. I've tried to work something out. Maybe it works for you... hopefully a little better than the original.

Joern

Image Image Image

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:53 am

i always liked that one close-up picture they used for the cover shot (or the one you just used).

it's a nice one.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:02 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:it's a nice one.

Speaking of "nice ones," why do you choose to use a GIF avatar of Elvis giving head to a mic? It's crass at best, embarrassing at worst.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:04 am

crass, but funny, or at least elvis thought so in 1970. i'm guessing you dislike that version of love me.

your picture looks like elvis has a migraine from you.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:26 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:crass, but funny, or at least elvis thought so in 1970. i'm guessing you dislike that version of love me.

You guess wrong -- it's funny once, not 1,000 times over.

Your replacement is an improvement. Thank you.