All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Maybe one of the poorest selling cd with not too good artwork, but the made in Memphis cd itself is NOT bad atall.
As for the"Spring tours", I could live without the back cover NOT 8)

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:25 pm

About the date of the photo; Our own Forum doctor states it was taken on the 16th. I always thought it was taken on the 15th. I checked again with Keith's book and while not dating it, he says that Elvis had just landed at the airport after having "just completed a concert in Orlando, Florida" which he did on the 15th. Sounds like the same evening.
I'm certainly not going to go to war about the issue :) but, just wondering. Anybody know if Elvis slept over in Orlando or if he flew straight to Montgomery? Of course he could've landed past midnight making it the 16th and The Doctor right. Oh well, a minor detail, but still, aren't we all a bit crazy?

E

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 am

Why so many get so worked up over a cover is beyond me. Most people prefer to listen to a CD, not stare at the packaging.

Deke Rivers II wrote:... even though the photo is good I find it very unflattering (surely a better one could have been used that reflected the period.)

Can you find a better example? I've never seen a nicer close-up candid from that month and year.

It is what it is -- February 1957 was twenty years before.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 am

Eivind wrote:Of course he could've landed past midnight making it the 16th and The Doctor right.

You just answered your own question.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 am

....and well hidden underneath the arrogance a heart was beating, I'm sure :D But according to Keith's website you are correct.

just a little smile would...

E

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:59 am

Eivind wrote:....and well hidden underneath the arrogance a heart was beating ...

It's not arrogance, if you're right.

Besides, it was you who asked the question -- and answered it.

Have a happy, Eivnd.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Deke Rivers II wrote:... even though the photo is good I find it very unflattering (surely a better one could have been used that reflected the period.)

Can you find a better example? I've never seen a nicer close-up candid from that month and year.........

As I have not seen all the existing photos from Feb. 1977, I cannot truthfully answer that, but I would hope that a better one would exist.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:35 pm

Matthew wrote:I think the cover photo is really good, the design on the other hand isn't much to speak of.
That's right it's only a picture and the picture of our man is indeed ok for that period...But nothing else has been done to make it even better!

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:35 am

I'll be damned.
Picked up my girl somewhere in town tonight, and she spotted this new FTD cover in my car.
She's not into Elvis at all.. she digs it because of me obviously..

She noticed the front cover and said:

"Hey he looks different"...

I told her about the timeframe and the condition he was in etc..

She said he looked fine, and why change history with a different cover?

They should have printed this cover black & white, she said...

:wink:

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:46 am

I think the front photo is fine - as the Doc said it's as good as any off-stage shots from that period.
Most of the live shots seems okay too, with the exception of the rainfall suit photo.
There were great live shots from that tour - they're not hard to find.
Still, I look forward to hearing the CD
rick

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 am

Grain, lifeless colours on the original picture didn't do Elvis justice..
FTD failed to represent this great pic the way it should have been...

How about my black & white adjustment?
I think it works!

Cheers, RJ

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:06 am

No, not worst.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 am

No, not worst.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:08 am

No, not worst.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 am

Noooooo notttt worstttttt!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:26 am

BIGREDG wrote:Noooooo notttt worstttttt!

Shut up!! :) WORST! WORST!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 am

[quote="Robert"]Grain, lifeless colours on the original picture didn't do Elvis justice..
FTD failed to represent this great pic the way it should have been...

How about my black & white adjustment?
I think it works!

Cheers, RJ

What about black and black? Will be even more effective
8)

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:43 am

What about black and black?

Are you promoting your avatar pic overhere?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:05 am

this is usual bullshit! just received this cd and i like it-especially real cool dark blue disc with pink writing!!!!!!!! :lol: :roll: :wink: :shock: :o

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:10 am

YDKM wrote:this is usual bullshit! just received this cd and i like it-especially real cool dark blue disc with pink writing!!!!!!!! :lol: :roll: :wink: :shock: :o

No way, this is WORST !!! 8) 8) 8) just kidding of course. It is very cool photo with good looking Elvis (well, good for 77) but the "design" is not design, just cover photo. A pity.

Does anybody noticed Elvis nose? There are some gall from sunglasses...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:11 am

Robert wrote:
What about black and black?

Are you promoting your avatar pic overhere?

Well it can make great CD cover I think. CD contens: Elvis funeral tapes.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:14 am

YDKM wrote: real cool dark blue disc with pink writing!!!!!!!!

An insult to us fans.
In '77, brown, orange & yellow colours ruled.
Now they come up with blue & pink.

Let's start a petition!

:lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:23 am

no! disc colour is a real cool hint at MOODY BLUE!- nice i like it and will comment much further after detailed listening, but art-work is 'fine' because shots are FROM correct time period!!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:28 am

We're talking FTD covers, and I actually don't expect anything.
The picture is ok, it's a soundboard and the entire package received a few spins and shelved! I feel pain listening to Elvis struggle to breathe!