Current Catalogue?

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
rockinrebel
Registered for: 21 years

Current Catalogue?

Post by rockinrebel »

Around the time of “E1” the latest mainstream RCA/BMG catalogue was published on this site and discussed on the message board.

Since then there have been and number of new compilations (and possibly some deletions?) and the catalogue is now being controlled by Sony/BMG.

As a result of Sony’s involvement we are now seeing new compilations in keeping with the rest of their catalogue artists. So far these have included “The Essential Elvis Presley” and an Elvis title in the long box 3 x CD “The Collection” series which features the classic albums “Elvis Presley”, “Elvis” and ”Loving You”.

A recent search on amazon has shown that most of the titles that were available at the time of “E1”’s release appear to be still available (although this doesn’t necessarily mean that they are still in print).

Post “E1” compilations are not in short supply either, and quite a few albums that duplicate similar material are currently competing for the general public’s attention. The situation is pretty much the same in high street stores.

Recently I’ve also seen an Elvis title appear in the ‘Vinyl Classics’ series and was wondering if any re-mastering had taken place on such releases.

Example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NBC-TV-Special-Vinyl-Classics-German/dp/B0009XFMZG/sr=1-21/qid=1168176442/ref=sr_1_21/203-6839799-9819959?ie=UTF8&s=music

This recently re-issued version of The NBC TV Special is supposedly a ‘Special Edition’, but is it really just an old album in a new sleeve?

Furthermore will there be further Elvis releases in the ‘Vinyl Classics’ series or is this just a ‘one off’ marketing ploy which only serves to draw attention, and hopefully additional sales, to an old title?

It’s always been difficult to keep track of these things, but the Elvis catalogue seems to get more complicated with each passing week.

I was wondering therefore, whether or not there is a new mainstream Elvis catalogue due to the Sony/BMG merger (or if there are any plans for this to happen) or whether the current catalogue is a mixture of old RCA/BMG albums and new Sony/BMG titles?

As it seems inevitable that ‘new’ titles will continue to appear, it would be interesting to know what Sony/BMG’s long term plans are for the mainstream Presley catalogue, particularly with regards to classic titles.

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

The man responsible for the Elvis Catalogue (Worldwide) was Joe DiMuro at Sony BMG (New York). However, he recently resigned and a replacement awaits. Hence the delay in announcements for the Sony BMG releases for 2007.

Brian :roll:

Topic author
rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Thanks Brian,

Once the plans for 2007 are finalised I’m sure there will be some sort of announcement.

What I am also interested to find out is which original albums are being retained and which albums are now deleted.

There are countless compilations around at the moment, but I have a feeling that some of these may be old stock of officially deleted titles that online retailers and some high street stores are still carrying.

I’m guessing here though, so if there is a ‘current catalogue’ it would be interesting to see it.

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

I have given up on the main label. I don't expect anything from them. Not now, not ever. There are no logic, no long-term plans, no creativity as far as Elvis's catalogue goes. Just one pointless greatest hits collection after another. But it doesn't bother me beacuse Ernst and the FTD team are still here. And of course, Madison and Fort Baxter give us some great stuff also.

The hardcore fans simply don't need the main label anymore. They can release 45 hit compilations and 16 remix albums a month for all I care. Obviously it all sells, so it does make sense from a financial standpoint, and the hardcore fans are happy with the FTD label. Let's keep it this way. Both the hardcore fans and the BMG bosses can be satisfied. I guess the only loser in this situation is Elvis... :cry:

Except for "The Million Dollar Quartet", I haven't bought a main label release in 5 years.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

Sony/BMG is a complete mess right now. There are a lot of power-struggles and political issues within the company. It is hard to imagine that anyone is concerned with the artistic direction of the Elvis Presley catalogue considering that it is still making the label money in the terrible state that it is. Assume that the disorginization will continue indefinitely.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

2006 was a banner year for BMG US Elvis releases... just look at this list of beauties...

Elvis Rock
Elvis Country
Elvis Inspirational
Elvis sings Flaming Star
Almost In Love
Elvis Movies
Elvis R&B
Elvis Live
Let's Be Friends
You'll Never Walk Alone
The Complete Million Dollar Quartet (yeah and this ones really complete this time!!!)
Elvis Christmas

Man, they are on the right track now!!!

:shock:

Rob

Post by Rob »

I didn't buy a single one of them. "Elvis At Sun" was the last. How long ago was that again?

I refuse to take part in compilations and re-releases.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I have given up on the main label. I don't expect anything from them. Not now, not ever. There are [sic] no logic, no long-term plans, no creativity as far as Elvis's catalogue goes. Just one pointless greatest hits collection after another. But it doesn't bother me beacuse Ernst and the FTD team are still here.
Your complaint is irksome.

Are you unaware that Ernst and Roger also work on most of the main label releases? Your logic gets fuzzy here -- are they creative and logical or not? There is a firm, retail-based reason for "new" hits packages on BMG each year, which has been clearly explained on this MB in the recent past, not to mention in more than one interview by Ernst.

If fans did not have FTD, I might be more sympathetic. But we do.
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Except for "The Million Dollar Quartet", I haven't bought a main label release in 5 years.
You must be kidding. These BMG releases weren't too shabby, and the ones in bold are essential:

Live In Las Vegas (4 CD box, 2001)
Today, Tomorrow & Forever (4 CD box, 2002)
ELV1S 30 #1 Hits (2002)
Elvis: Close Up (4 CD box, 2003)
ELVIS: 2nd To None (2003)
Elvis At SUN (2004)
Elvis By The Presleys (2005, w/bonus CD of outtakes)

That's seventeen (17) discs issued between 2001 and 2005 on the "main label" -- all from an artist who died in 1977. And most of it not duplicated on any FTD release.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Nice to hear an intelligent defense of the label, Doc. Still, there's been some backward movement on the stated goal of bringing order to the catalogue, as once trumpted by Jorgensen himself.

For those who missed the epic (and once much longer) thread, search here for "50 Years, 50 Albums: Cutting The Catalogue" by Peter Franks.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=384&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cutting+catalog+catalogue

This thread covers this subject in depth.

So I do, however, share much of the concern, particularly as laid out by Rockin' Rebel in his initial post. I've been none-too impressed with things like "Love, Elvis" and "Hitstory" and frankly the slice & dice genre releases mostly struck me as a sad, last-ditch sign that the retail CD market is almost gone, especially with stores like Tower closing in the US and I-Pods taking over.

But whatever one's view on how it's going, we should care a little bit as I think we all care about the Elvis legacy and how he'll be remembered and whether new fans might be created, etc. Taking off your consumer hat, ask yourself how our boy looks today in terms of his music and image, be it the Elvis ducks or the umpteenth hits set?

I didn't know Joe DiMurro was gone, Brian. I'm not sure I'll miss him. :lol:

http://response.adv100.com/responsemag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=171372

Seriously, though, I was not thrilled about the Sony / BMG merger. They are very big companies with very different cultures and history, one would think. Seeing "Sony" before "BMG" told me enough.

Besides, the idea of Elvis on the same label as the Beatles and Michael Jackson is a bit creepy, no matter how soon public domain takes over... :shock: :lol:

I'm ready to go back to being an Ernst disciple, however, as we don't need him going anywhere! Hands off my FTD, Sony!

Rebel: that '68 special disc seemed to be a one-off title and was not widely-available. No thread here at the time indicated it was a re-master, either.

P.S. No complaints from me on the budget reissues of the original album Camden titles, as covered elsewhere.... :lol:

Also, we've also been given the terrific 2005 Kevan Budd-remastered versions of the first three albums (in the original order) and for that alone I was grateful. (Who could not be? Yeah, I mean you. :lol: )

Of course, now we have the more expansive FTD's in our collection (save for the second album), right?

Right?! :roll: :evil: :lol:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I have given up on the main label. I don't expect anything from them. Not now, not ever. There are [sic] no logic, no long-term plans, no creativity as far as Elvis's catalogue goes. Just one pointless greatest hits collection after another. But it doesn't bother me beacuse Ernst and the FTD team are still here.
Your complaint is irksome.

Are you unaware that Ernst and Roger also work on most of the main label releases? Your logic gets fuzzy here -- are they creative and logical or not? There is a firm, retail-based reason for "new" hits packages on BMG each year, which has been clearly explained on this MB in the recent past, not to mention in more than one interview by Ernst.

If fans did not have FTD, I might be more sympathetic. But we do.
That is pretty much what I was trying to say. The compilations and Christmas albums sell, they make money - they make very much sense financially. So I don't blame BMG for these releases. As long as the FTD label is around, I am perfectly happy with this situation. BMG appreciates the money generated from hit and x-mas albums, the casual fans enjoy their compilations, the serious fans enjoy the FTD releases. Everyone is happy. That doesn't mean the situation is perfect for Elvis as an artist. Serious music fans who are not aware of the FTD label don't have that much to get excited about.

When I complained about the catalogue, I was speaking from a fan's perspective, not a businessman's perspective. Those are two very different things.
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Except for "The Million Dollar Quartet", I haven't bought a main label release in 5 years.
You must be kidding. These BMG releases weren't too shabby, and the ones in bold are essential:

Live In Las Vegas (4 CD box, 2001)
Today, Tomorrow & Forever (4 CD box, 2002)
ELV1S 30 #1 Hits (2002)
Elvis: Close Up (4 CD box, 2003)
ELVIS: 2nd To None (2003)
Elvis At SUN (2004)
Elvis By The Presleys (2005, w/bonus CD of outtakes)

That's seventeen (17) discs issued between 2001 and 2005 on the "main label" -- all from an artist who died in 1977. And most of it not duplicated on any FTD release.
OK, I forgot "Close Up". Sorry about that. I had no interest whatsover in the hit compilations, and at the time I figured I didn't need "Elvis At Sun" because the SUN box-set was just around the corner, and I had "Sunrise" already. "Today, Tomorrow And Forever" and "Live In Las Vegas" were released 5 years ago, so they don't belong on your list.

Perhaps I was a little too harsh in my first post. So, I want to say to BMG and the nation that I ain't mad at them, and that I am very thankful for the FTD label! :wink:

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

"""""""""""Serious music fans who are not aware of the FTD label don't have that much to get excited about.""""""""

No such person can exist :!:

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

drjohncarpenter

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:OK, I forgot "Close Up" ... at the time I figured I didn't need "Elvis At Sun" ... "Today, Tomorrow And Forever" and "Live In Las Vegas" were released 5 years ago, so they don't belong on your list.
Your "five years" statement didn't ring true, which indicates your view was indeed myopic.

Elvis At SUN is one of mastering guru Kevan Budd's "crown jewels" -- a joy to experience and one of the most important Presley discs ever issued.

You are correct "Live In Las Vegas" was indeed released 5 and a half years ago (July 2001) -- however, "Today, Tomorrow & Forever" was issued only 4 and a half years back (June 2002).

Both should be viewed as legitimate examples.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

drjohncarpenter wrote:There is a firm, retail-based reason for "new" hits packages on BMG each year, which has been clearly explained on this MB in the recent past, not to mention in more than one interview by Ernst.
That is true, but that is not the only way BMG can make money on the Elvis Presley catalogue. There are plenty of other legacy artists with record labels that strike a nice balance between a steady new stream of compilation packages and keeping many original title catalogue releases in print. The mainstream Elvis Presley catalogue is unbalanced right now. BMG does it their way, but it isn't the only effective way.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

Rob wrote:I didn't buy a single one of them. "Elvis At Sun" was the last. How long ago was that again?
Not even MDQ for the correct order, improved sound and extra (albeit not very exciting) material? For a man who's devoted enough to buy every FTD, that surprises me.

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

The current official catalog can be found on the RCA/ELVIS site....where if you have nothing better to do one can download the current Christmas album..track by track.

Wish FTD would consider downloads of extinct CD's

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

butcher8811
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by butcher8811 »

I long ago tired of all the different versions of the same thing being released and have read this discussion on here many times. I occasionally will pick up a new FTD release, but even most of those contain different versions of the same songs that I already have a dozen versions of. I have lots of of his concerts already, with the same setlist, so it's hard to get excited about more "soundboards". I already have a room full of hundreds of Elvis CD's, box sets, and my complete original vinyl collection.

Folks talk about taking the catalogue in some new "direction". When everything worth releasing has been released and is available through new and used channels in hundreds of versions and combinations, what's left to do?

I settle for looking and waiting for some newly unearthed treasure that we never knew existed, but have accepted that the well is most likely dry.

I'm not trying to be a grouch, just throwing my thoughts in with the hundreds of others that have and will be voiced on the subject.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

butcher8811 wrote: Folks talk about taking the catalogue in some new "direction". When everything worth releasing has been released and is available through new and used channels in hundreds of versions and combinations....
And that is how you want the Elvis Presley catalogue represented? That is exactly why it needs some "direction".

Rob

Post by Rob »

TJ wrote:
Rob wrote:I didn't buy a single one of them. "Elvis At Sun" was the last. How long ago was that again?
Not even MDQ for the correct order, improved sound and extra (albeit not very exciting) material?
Not even.

There has been no mainstream release since "Elvis At Sun" that even remotely had me thinking about buying it. All of my purchases the past couple of years have been FTD and import releases.

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Well, that's a shame, Rob. You ought to pick it, you slacker. :lol:

Seriously, I just got RCA/ Sony/BMG's "The Complete Million Dollar Quartet" yesterday and love the the improved sound and extra tunes.

It's from a much better tape source, plus the wizardry of Kevan Budd is at work again. Don't miss it, folks.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Thekingstillrocks
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Thekingstillrocks »

The policy of BMG/SONY is no more that 50 titles will be available so when some new one comes a other one goes.
Ofcourse with the wholsale they would have öld titles"and they have to go too !
thats why officially BMG/SONY can't sell it anymore. only their 50 updated titles.

I remember the story of Elvis about the sudden flood of Lps directly after his dead.
many sales went down in the seventies and ofcourse when a record came out , they expected to sell well.
So when the big thing happend and Elvis died , everybody came back on the back orders and all the stock was out in the shops.

what I'm telling , is with all the re re re BMG releases the bound to have overstock. And most shopkeeper don't know about Elvis and don't care.. so it repeats itself again and again.

butcher8811
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by butcher8811 »

midnightx wrote:
butcher8811 wrote: Folks talk about taking the catalogue in some new "direction". When everything worth releasing has been released and is available through new and used channels in hundreds of versions and combinations....
And that is how you want the Elvis Presley catalogue represented? That is exactly why it needs some "direction".
No disrepect, I just just find it hard to get excited about the catalogue and it's "direction" when I know that I already have everything worth having.
So regardless of what they do with the catalogue, unless some "new material" is unearthed, it's still going to be the same stuff I already have a room full of and there's no sense in me buying it.

Topic author
rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Thanks for the responses.

It wasn’t really my intention to start another debate on the state of the mainstream catalogue or the reasons for this, although once again I think valid points have been made here both for and against Sony/BMG’s current policy.

What I was trying to establish was which titles are still in production and which ones have been deleted. (I have been to the RCA records site and this links the Elvis Number Ones site which appears to have been removed, so if someone has a more up to date link, I would appreciate it if you could either post it here or PM me please).

I worked on a discography a few years ago, and the main focus of the project was to illustrate how one could collect Elvis’ music on CD whilst being true to the original album releases wherever possible.

Now that BMG’s mainstream strategy has changed considerably and FTD is now the main outlet for catalogue titles, I think a different approach will be necessary in the future. Compilations are now common place, and I feel information that points to the best compilations for each genre or particular period of Elvis’ career would also be of interest to new collectors.

For example I would rate the “Artist of The Century” set above the recently released “Essential Elvis Presley” as the best introduction to the Presley career for any casual buyer. I know “Artist of The Century” is still on general sale, but it would be helpful to know whether or not the title is officially deleted. That’s why it would be helpful to see the current catalogue if indeed there is one?

drjohncarpenter

Rob wrote:There has been no mainstream release since "Elvis At Sun" that even remotely had me thinking about buying it. All of my purchases the past couple of years have been FTD and import releases.
Why do I suspect if the 2006 BMG version of the MDQ had been issued under the FTD imprint -- it was apparently the original plan -- you'd have bought it?

It's a stone cold, essential release, Rob -- Kevan Budd's remastering is peerless. It blows my mind you've passed on it, especially after all the positive reviews seen on this very MB.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Peter Franks

Post by Peter Franks »

rockinrebel,

Nice to see you on the board again! The presumably complete listing of the current catalogue can be found on the official Sony BMG website for Elvis Presley’s music. For the sake of posterity, I have transcribed the current catalogue below (misleadingly listed on the site under ‘Discography,’ which suggests a completeness that is not there), categorized by the site’s headers and with my own comments in parentheses (based on the pages that they link to):

Original Recordings:

50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong: Elvis’ Golden Records, Vol. 2 (1990 print; no bonus tracks)
Aloha from Hawaii (1998 print; five post-show bonus tracks)
Blue Hawaii (1997 print; no mention of 1997 collector’s edition)
Elvis (1999 print)
Elvis Presley (1999 print; album also on FTD)
Elvis as Recorded at Madison Square Garden (1992 print)
Elvis’ Gold Records, Vol. 1 (1997 print)
Elvis’ Golden Records, Vol. 3 (1997 print, but no bonus tracks listed on Amazon)
Elvis’ Gold Records, Vol. 4 (1997 print)
Elvis’ Gold Records, Vol. 5 (1997 print)
Elvis in Concert (1992 print)
From Elvis in Memphis (2000 print)
He Touched Me (1992 print)
His Hand in Mine (1990 print)
How Great Thou Art (1990 print)
Loving You (2005 print; album also on FTD)
Moody Blue (2000 print)
NBC TV-Special (1991 print)
On Stage (1999 print)
Something for Everybody (1999 print; album also on FTD)
“Heartbreak Hotel” (2006 single, b/w “I Was the One” and “Heartbreak Hotel” take six)

Compilations

50 Greatest Love Songs (2001)
Amazing Grace (1994)
An Afternoon in the Garden (1997)
Burning Love (1999)
Can’t Help Falling in Love: The Hollywood Hits (2003)
The Country Side of Elvis (2001)
Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (2002)
Elvis: 2nd to None (2003)
Elvis 56 (2003 print; originally released in 1996)
Elvis at Sun (2004)
Elvis by the Presleys (2005)
Christmas Peace (2003)
Elvis Country (2006)
Elvis R&B (2006; links to Wal-Mart for seven ‘exclusive downloads’)
Elvis Rock (2006)
Elvis Inspirational (2006)
Elvis Movies (2006; links to Wal-Mart for seven ‘exclusive downloads’)
Elvis Live (2006; links to Wal-Mart for seven ‘exclusive downloads’)
Great Country Songs (2003 print; originally released in 1996)
Elvis Ultimate Gospel (2004)
If Every Day Was Like Christmas (1994)
Heart and Soul (2003 print; originally released in 1995)
HitStory (2005)
The Home Recordings (1999)
Love, Elvis (2005)
Memories: The ‘68 Comeback Special (1998)
The Complete Million Dollar Quartet (2006)
Sunrise (1999)
Suspicious Minds: The ‘69 Anthology (1999)
Tiger Man (1998)
Tomorrow Is a Long Time (1999)
All Shook Up (2005; recording of the Broadway show’s cast-performances)

Box Sets

#1 Singles (2006; collection of singles; BMG site’s link goes to non-existent Sony page)
Command Performances: Essential 60s Masters II (1995)
Peace in the Valley: The Complete Gospel Recordings (2000)
That’s the Way It Is: Special Edition (2000)
Live in Las Vegas (2001)
Close Up (2003)
The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll: The Complete 50s Masters (1992)
From Nashville to Memphis: The Essential 60s Masters (1993)
Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70s Masters (1995)
Today, Tomorrow and Forever (2002)
Artist of the Century (1999)
Platinum: A Life in Music (1997)

This list is no older than four months, since the last of the ‘genre releases’ (i.e., Elvis Rock) are included, which were released in August of 2006. For the record, the list has sixty-four entries.

I have spoken my piece about the extreme redundancy and atrocious abundance of gaps (i.e., no Elvis Is Back!, Elvis Country, King Creole, etc.) in this selection, so I won’t beat a dead horse here. Still, I think the next interview with Mr. Jorgenson (or another Sony/BMG representative) should at least include the following question: Assuming the survival of physical music media (i.e., CDs, SACDs, DVD-As, etc.), what does Sony/BMG envision the Elvis catalogue to be in fifty years?

As far as comments like these are concerned:
butcher8811 wrote:No disrepect, I just just find it hard to get excited about the catalogue and it's "direction" when I know that I already have everything worth having.
So regardless of what they do with the catalogue, unless some "new material" is unearthed, it's still going to be the same stuff I already have a room full of and there's no sense in me buying it.
You need to understand that rockinrebel, I, and others are not discussing this issue for our own sakes as far as unreleased material is concerned. The issue at hand is not what I can buy, it's what others will be able to buy in future. I care about the catalogue because I wish for Elvis to be represented well and for him to be given the respect that he deserves. This will not happen unless the product that he is famous for - his music - is presented in a respectable manner that is both aesthetically pleasing (both in packaging and content) and logically and economically organized. The list posted above is none of these, which I personally find astonishing considering Elvis' stature. What is frustrating is that a worthy list that respects all of these requirements as well as the historic significance of his original output can be produced for Elvis, as it has been done for countless other artists. BMG has clearly chosen to make a marginal profit in the short run instead, rather than invest in Elvis as a respectable artist over the long run. Perhaps most frustratingly of all, they have used misleading or inaccurate reasons to justify their behavior. That is the issue at hand in these kinds of discussions (although perhaps not this particular one, as rockinrebel mentioned).

"I don't mean nothin', I just thought I'd say it..."

"I like a lot of the new groups. You know, The Beatles and The Byrds..."

Official member of the Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society.

"We don't make any long terms plans of what we're going to do." -- Ernst Jorgenson, 2002.

Rob

Post by Rob »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rob wrote:There has been no mainstream release since "Elvis At Sun" that even remotely had me thinking about buying it. All of my purchases the past couple of years have been FTD and import releases.
Why do I suspect if the 2006 BMG version of the MDQ had been issued under the FTD imprint -- it was apparently the original plan -- you'd have bought it?
Chances are -- you'd be right.
drjohncarpenter wrote:It's a stone cold, essential release, Rob -- Kevan Budd's remastering is peerless. It blows my mind you've passed on it, especially after all the positive reviews seen on this very MB.
Oh, all right. Can it at least wait until the weekend?