new ftd

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:23 pm

... maybe because FTDs in the good ol' US sell less than in

the 'old' world...?

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:26 pm

You couldn't tell it by me.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:29 pm

How about production in Europe?
That would explain the late shipping in the US..

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Robert wrote:How about production in Europe?
That would explain the late shipping in the US..

I think the CD's are beeing pressed in Denmark, the world's CD "mecca". They are then being shipped to all over the world. I don't know if there's a US facility too now, because after last year's trouble "Unchained Melody" now says "made in the US" if you shop for it on shopelvis.com.

I usually get my FTD's from amazon.co.uk, they are very fast, and I can't imagine a thing that our UK fellows wouldn't manage to get first :wink:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:30 pm

ElvisNews says the CD is out:

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=8597

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:41 pm

I don't like the cover art. They should have used Elvis-In-Norway's mock cover:

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:35 am

Thomas wrote:I don't like the cover art.

I like this off stage February shot..
Elvis looks great. Problem is the colour.
In the original pic Elvis is rather tanned.

On this cover they messed up colours.
Elvis is as white as a ghost..

The original shot includes the legendary Kenpo master Ed Parker...
I look foreward to this one.

Reconsider Baby is a great display of blues sound and should have been included every show..
Is the sound better than on the previous released tracks?

We're about to find out soon...

Cheers, RJ

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:44 am

Zero wrong with either cover art OR content of the CD...well apart from repeating the moan about the abysmal crap performance of 'why me lord'-WHY? INDEED Lord!!

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:04 am

OK Elvisnews says that it has been released, but that doesn`t mean that we can get it in Denmark yet. Often I have read that a FTD was released, but only been able to get it weeks after.
I`m really looking foreward to this one, I have preorded it so it will get in my mailbox when it`s available.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:16 am

It is available as we got it today from our supplier. By the way, we just made an update in our BMG News section on the main site and mentioned where the bonus tracks were recorded.

FECC Team

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 am

Thanks for the information, maybe it`s only a matter of days then :D

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 am

wow Excellent news about release me & trying to get to you are from Columbia, SC on February 18, 1977! This is totally unheard soundboard material and the better performance of the songs from this tour as well! what a pity we didn't get also from Columbia performances of Are You Lonesome Tonight / That's All Right instead of why me lord!! yipee! :lol:

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:32 am

I expected Release me from Charlotte...
Columbia was a nice show with a crazy crowd.
Although 1977, it was the first show ever in that city.
There's still plenty of unreleased material from this tour to create a Vol II in the future..

I should get my copy early this week :o

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:18 am

Fantastic.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:48 pm

I have it in my player right now. The sound quality is fantastic, real clear sound. The Charlotte 20th show gives us a good sounding Elvis, good voice, Elvis in good moods. To bad Moody blue goes bananas now we have only complete version added as a bonus track. All tracks are mono (brought down to mono because Montgomery was kind of binaural). I like all the pictures on back/inside, most from Charlotte 20th, one on stage Montgomery, and frontcover backstage Montgomery (i hate that look in his eyes in that pic, He already had his Dr. Nick mix i guess).

All by all, get this one a real gem.

My Way has Elvis probalby drinking water at beginning: very difficult to sing with ice in throat!

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Lucky you 8) , I can`t wait but I guess I`ll have to.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Recieved it today. Sound is very clear.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm

philobeddo wrote:I have it in my player right now. The sound quality is fantastic, real clear sound. The Charlotte 20th show gives us a good sounding Elvis, good voice, Elvis in good moods. To bad Moody blue goes bananas now we have only complete version added as a bonus track. All tracks are mono (brought down to mono because Montgomery was kind of binaural). I like all the pictures on back/inside, most from Charlotte 20th, one on stage Montgomery, and frontcover backstage Montgomery (i hate that look in his eyes in that pic, He already had his Dr. Nick mix i guess).

My Way has Elvis probalby drinking water at beginning: very difficult to sing with ice in throat!

Yes agree totally it's a must have, although I prefer the back cover to the front and loved the messing about on the Moody Blue intro

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:57 pm

Got it 2day :o

Didn't have a chance to listen to it in full yet...

Sound is the same as on other recordings from this tour..
Way too "dry", but pretty clear and nicely balanced.

Elvis suffered a sore throat or something like that during this tour,
and that's obvious.
He mentioned this during a couple of shows, including this one.

Listened to Fairytale & Jailhouse.. decent stuff :wink:

Somewhere on this disk Elvis does his inspector Clouseau imitation..
Important fact about most Feb shows... Elvis seems to enjoy performing!

A very nice FTD addition...

Cheers, RJ

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:22 pm

who remastered it?

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm

The greatest Elvis comment during this show....

"They were right when they told me this is Elvis Territory!"

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm

philobeddo wrote:I have it in my player right now. The sound quality is fantastic, real clear sound. The Charlotte 20th show gives us a good sounding Elvis, good voice, Elvis in good moods. To bad Moody blue goes bananas now we have only complete version added as a bonus track. All tracks are mono (brought down to mono because Montgomery was kind of binaural). I like all the pictures on back/inside, most from Charlotte 20th, one on stage Montgomery, and frontcover backstage Montgomery (i hate that look in his eyes in that pic, He already had his Dr. Nick mix i guess).

Elvis sounding good ? Good voice ? mmmmmm....listen to it one more time my friend. He's out of breath, his voice is very weak.