All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

New FTD Unchained Melody. Out Yet ?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Is it escaped yet ? Delayed ?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Lots of people have already got their copy, but nobody thought to post a message about it on this Message Board. Strange, huh?

Chris

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Oh yes that is certainly strange. So it is out ....

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:28 pm

ChrisM wrote:Lots of people have already got their copy

I doubt that. It's not even available for preorder on amazon, and shop elvis lists it with the release date of january 23rd ...
It would therefore be interesting to know where this people have their copy from ...

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Thomas wrote:
ChrisM wrote:Lots of people have already got their copy

I doubt that. It's not even available for preorder on amazon, and shop elvis lists it with the release date of january 23rd ...
It would therefore be interesting to know where this people have their copy from ...

Smells like bullsh#t to me Thomas!! I don't think it has escaped yet. I am sure if it had our friend would have posted a link to a download site :wink: :evil:

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:37 pm

I think Chris was joking. :D

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:40 pm

You know I would have known if it's out ... because I WANT IT :twisted:

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 am

it will be good to hear this show in better soundquality cause i think it was on availble from an audience tape.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:21 am

quite often board member jess gets a copy of latest FTD's real fast...so wait for him!...i get my copy from FECC so havn't recieved mine -yet but sure looking forward too 'best of 1st 1977 tour' on soundboard!! :lol:

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm

YDKM wrote:but sure looking forward too 'best of 1st 1977 tour' on soundboard!! :lol:

Me too, can't wait!! Unlike a lot of board members, I enjoy '76 & '77 shows immensely :D

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:03 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
YDKM wrote:but sure looking forward too 'best of 1st 1977 tour' on soundboard!! :lol:

Me too, can't wait!! Unlike a lot of board members, I enjoy '76 & '77 shows immensely :D

Yes, I tend not to purchase my CD's based upon the reviews in Rolling Stone. :wink:

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 pm

The latest Follow That Dream release "Unchained Melody" is available for pre-order. "Unchained Melody" is a soundboard recording from February 20, 1977 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Included are bonus songs from the same tour. For unknown reasons, the engineer never recorded the beginning of the shows on this tour, and consequently the CD starts with "Love Me."

source: http://www.elvisnews.com

new ftd

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:26 pm

... geewhiz, Ton! Thanks for posting this incredible news!

Youve been sleeping thru most of december??? Or too bussy going

thru your endless collection of HGTArt versions, once again? :lol:

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 pm

edited and removed by me, replaced below.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:39 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:The latest Follow That Dream release "Unchained Melody" is available for pre-order. "Unchained Melody" is a soundboard recording from February 20, 1977 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Included are bonus songs from the same tour. For unknown reasons, the engineer never recorded the beginning of the shows on this tour, and consequently the CD starts with "Love Me."

source: http://www.elvisnews.com

It's odd to me to still hear the same old "no one knows why the engineer didn't record the opening" It's obvious to me why. They were using tape, and knew that Elvis never deviated from his set list too much, and not at all during the first end of it. So, it was a given every single night that CC Rider, followed by I Got a Woman, JD ruining the show, and Elvis chatting with the fans for a few minutes. They had that on tape several times, why burn more tape on it? Of course we as fans wanted it to be taped, but they don't see any redeeming value in that sort of thing. RCA couldn't get Elvis anywhere near a recording studio for various reasons. So they were taping his shows to catch him giving a great performance, or an off the cuff performance of a "new" song and release it on a record with whatever small amount of studio stuff they actually had. A great example being the Moody Blue album. Poor choice of live songs to throw in, but that's what I think they were going for by taping the shows like they were.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:53 pm

Sun209in54 wrote:It's odd to me to still hear the same old "no one knows why the engineer didn't record the opening" It's obvious to me why. They were using tape, and knew that Elvis never deviated from his set list too much, and not at all during the first end of it. So, it was a given every single night that CC Rider, followed by I Got a Woman, JD ruining the show, and Elvis chatting with the fans for a few minutes. They had that on tape several times, why burn more tape on it? Of course we as fans wanted it to be taped, but they don't see any redeeming value in that sort of thing. RCA couldn't get Elvis anywhere near a recording studio for various reasons. So they were taping his shows to catch him giving a great performance, or an off the cuff performance of a "new" song and release it on a record with whatever small amount of studio stuff they actually had. A great example being the Moody Blue album. Poor choice of live songs to throw in, but that's what I think they were going for by taping the shows like they were.

Yes. And "They" was Felton Jarvis.

By the way I was just preordering this on amazon.co.uk, and look at the sales rank:
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 3,516 in Music
Just to compare: John Lennon's "Imagine" is 1515, Elton's "Greatest Hits 1970-2002" is 5644 and Bruce Springsteens Best Of (the one where you see him from behind with a guitar) is 6731. Tell you what: FTD sells.

Re: new ftd

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... geewhiz, Ton! Thanks for posting this incredible news!

Youve been sleeping thru most of december??? Or too bussy going

thru your endless collection of HGTArt versions, once again? :lol:

Hi Ger, Gelukkig 2007 ! Don't you like How Great Thou Art ? :lol:

Re: new ftd

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:Hi Ger, Gelukkig 2007

een gelukkig nieuw jaar aan al onze Nederlandse kameraden.
hoe ik van deze online vertalers houd.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:20 am

Thomas wrote:"They" was Felton Jarvis.

Nope, Bruce Jackson was also involved in these recordings.
Elvis didn't know about some recordings.

Beste wensen. :wink:

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:05 am

One needs to remember that these sounboard recordings were not made with an eye toward their eventual commercial release in any form. So Felton or whoever wasn't necessarily worried about capturing a complete show.

The fact that soundboard recordings exist and/or have survived even in incomplete form should be seen as a bonus.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:29 pm

JerryNodak wrote:One needs to remember that these sounboard recordings were not made with an eye toward their eventual commercial release in any form. So Felton or whoever wasn't necessarily worried about capturing a complete show.

The fact that soundboard recordings exist and/or have survived even in incomplete form should be seen as a bonus.

It is worth noting that Elvis refers to "...this is recorded live" just before 'Unchained Melody' in Charlotte.

Regards

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:55 pm

JerryNodak wrote:The fact that soundboard recordings exist and/or have survived even in incomplete form should be seen as a bonus.
That's the way I see it as well. However, sometimes when listening to an incomplete soundboard show, I can't help but feel cheated.

I feel so ashamed.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:55 pm

Elvis World Japan: release date january 15, 2007.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Are the FTD always released at the same day in all countries :?:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Absolutely not. We, in the United States are usually the last to get them. Go figure.