All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:27 am

This is total bullocks!!

They keep saying 'more complete'.... But they don't tell you WHY it should be more complete then the Baxter release. You know why? Because it is NOT true. It is a LIE!!. They just took the original cd, ran it through the computer and the results are minimal.

So: FRAUD, LIES, DECEPTION, RIP OFF, and not the original thing.

I'll wait for an original Baxter release anytime instead of buying this crap that is out for a quick buck and delivers nothing. :evil:

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:46 am

Basically i agree with you,but it's not sure that F.B. will re-release this show. Don't forget that Ger wrote earlier that they will re-release only a few of their earlier CD's.
'It's a matter of time' was released in 1993 and it is very rare and probably expensive,too. It's very hard to find it. And this reissue has a better cover IMO.

Image Image

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:54 am

Johanesson wrote:It's a matter of time' was released in 1993 and it is very rare and probably expensive,too. It's very hard to find it.

Which makes me very glad that I have the original and even more glad that I passed on this imitation.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am

Now what show is that?

February 3rd or February 5th?

Which show was on the old Baxter release?

Is it the same show?

Can ANYBODY hear me?

Am I going NUTS?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:57 am

It is the same show as the Baxter release which apparently was recorded on February 3rd and not the 5th as we previously thought. You're not missing anything new.

Go back to bed.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:47 pm

Rob wrote:It is the same show as the Baxter release which apparently was recorded on February 3rd and not the 5th as we previously thought. You're not missing anything new.

Go back to bed.

Just noticed a very interesting faux pas on the Vegas rhythm artworks.

The front cover says February 3, 1973 and the back cover says February 5, 1973!! Thanks for the clarity guys!! Now I am none the wiser as to the real true date of the show. :roll:

Was this part of the deceptive advertising?

It is this attempt at deception that I object to strongly. The Cd is nicely done, and a "gift" for those unable to track down an original IAMOT. But why hype it up as something it blatantly is not!!

a new vegas

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:36 pm

... mr. Baxter isnt dead yet. There will be some more titles in the classic

series... when the time is right. Once again, the correct date for the

above mentioned show is the 3rd. And in all honesty, friends, its

only a fair performance at best. Yes, its pretty easy, for these guys,

not having to invest any money in buying something original on sb,

and instead just lift it from an old boot. Saves a lot of money...

Put a booklet with it, hype the hell out of it, but never come to any

site with an explaination on "Part was released before..." Yeah,

the part that we know as "the complete show". Its all a load of....

put together by clever little people, who make a lot of money this

way. File it, together with that Memphis cd box under: Quick buck

releases.

Losers.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:45 pm

I've got it listed as 5th February, 1973.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:09 pm

ColinB wrote:I've got it listed as 5th February, 1973.

Baxter had it as 5th but I think they got it wrong (esp if Ger says it's the 3rd.)

Re: a new vegas

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... And in all honesty, friends, its

only a fair performance at best.

The show to me is very much in the same laid back ballad heavy Aloha special, so if one enjoys that show they should like this one too. The soundboard on this escape is also crystal clear, probably just about the best... the crowd sounds a little distant but you can still hear them. Very good show IMO

JEFF d
EAP fan

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:25 am

I'm so glad I have the original It's a matter of time CD!

Maybe one of these days I will run this cd through SoundForge (an audio
mixing and mastering program on my PC) Then I will have an even better result then buying this CD,cause I will also have the It's A matter of time performance in the same sound quality as the Vegas Rythm CD...
Not worth MY money....

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:42 am

JeroenNL wrote:So: FRAUD, LIES, DECEPTION, RIP OFF, and not the original thing.

So here's what the announcement should really sound like:

The new Gravel Road Music label just released a DECEPTION from Elvis' dinner show performance from February 3, 1973 at the Las Vegas Hilton. Part of this concert has previously been released on the import release "It's A Matter of Time". The press release: The newly formed Gravel road music team, is RIPPING OFF with a FRAUD release which would make The King CRY. This release we found fit for a birthday FRAUD to the fans… The audio and performance is A LIE and done in a professional studio with the demands of a FRAUD Elvis release which makes the music sounding fresh and as if it was recorded yesterday. Just sit down and be there! The king of Music is back on stage!
Updated Jan 24th 2007

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:57 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:
mr. Baxter isnt dead yet. There will be some more titles in the classic

series... when the time is right.

Great news! However,i suppose they won't re-release this show from 2 reasons: 1- They don't have the original tape anymore.
2- Too many people own this show already,so a re-re-release wouldn't be a best seller. I doubt they could sell more than 300 copies,which is sad,but probably true.

BIGREDG wrote:
The Cd is a "gift" for those unable to track down an original IAMOT.

So true. For example,when IAMOT was released in '93,i was only 15 years old,without any money and knowledge about bootlegs,so i really hadn't any chance to get that and in these days it would be too hard and expensive to get the original.
BIGREDG,do you own 'Vegas Rhythm' already? Could you tell us any info about the sound quality and the booklet?

Ciscoking wrote on another site:
The sound is fantastic..really an improvement. Since this is a real good show..it`s a must for newcomers.. the collector should have it because the sound is better than on the old Baxter release.

I really hope it's true.

Image Image

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Johanesson wrote:BIGREDG,do you own 'Vegas Rhythm' already? Could you tell us any info about the sound quality and the booklet?

Yes I have my copy already, and posted my initial thoughts on Mahalo's original thread ("You can say anything").

I am reluctant to comment on sound quality as I only listened on my PC. I will only say that to my ears it sounds a bit better (more punchy and fuller). I always found IAMOT a "quiet" Cd (I guess the original tape is that way).

But what I can asy with absolute confidence is that the booklet is top notch, and at 20 pages is generously proportioned!! A vast improvement. Also the disc is one of the nicest looking discs around.

The "souvenir photo booklet" is subtitled "a tribute to Ed Bonja" and contains 20 lovely photos from Feb '73 Vegas engagement (most in colour)

There are a couple of press reviews included and a short essay on Elvis in February '73.

Behind The Scenes Technical notes are also included on the inside back cover.

As with most quality releases these days the rear artwork is double sided, and looks brilliant in a clear tray JC - the photo used is a beauty!!

The aforementioned error with the date on the rear cover is my only criticism of the overal package.

The deception of the press release however is very regrettable - why do that?? Seems to me these guys did that before with their previous re-package job Closing Night 1970.

Just be honest guys, if your product is good, people will buy it anyway, and will respect you a bit more!! :? (and you won't have to change label names each time you release a CD!!! :shock: )

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Thomas wrote:
JeroenNL wrote:So: FRAUD, LIES, DECEPTION, RIP OFF, and not the original thing.

So here's what the announcement should really sound like:

The new Gravel Road Music label just released a DECEPTION from Elvis' dinner show performance from February 3, 1973 at the Las Vegas Hilton. Part of this concert has previously been released on the import release "It's A Matter of Time". The press release: The newly formed Gravel road music team, is RIPPING OFF with a FRAUD release which would make The King CRY. This release we found fit for a birthday FRAUD to the fans… The audio and performance is A LIE and done in a professional studio with the demands of a FRAUD Elvis release which makes the music sounding fresh and as if it was recorded yesterday. Just sit down and be there! The king of Music is back on stage!
Updated Jan 24th 2007
That would at least be honnest, but then...They would not sell any cd..maybe next time,they could just sell the artwork, and let people burn their own CD..saves alot of trouble and money! :D

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:57 pm

Johanesson wrote:Ciscoking wrote on another site:
The sound is fantastic..really an improvement. Since this is a real good show..it`s a must for newcomers.. the collector should have it because the sound is better than on the old Baxter release.

I really hope it's true.

Nice that you visit our site...you can trust me...I am not interested in advertising crap....

....Ger..did you read what I wrote about American Way...??..lol....

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Greensboro '72 would be a good candidate for a re-release also since it was originally put out on CDR.

JEFF d
EAP fan

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:20 pm

JEFF d wrote:Greensboro '72 would be a good candidate for a re-release also since it was originally put out on CDR.

JEFF d
EAP fan

...er, why, as it was swiftly re-issued in digipak cover on factory pressed CD???

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Greensboro '72 would be a good candidate for a re-release also since it was originally put out on CDR.

JEFF d
EAP fan

...er, why, as it was swiftly re-issued in digipak cover on factory pressed CD???

From my understanding it was a factory made CDR... + can you even get it anymore? That's usually why they re-release these items and because some of us don't have it. :wink:

GREENSBORO CONCERT

JEFF d
EAP fan

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:59 pm

The first press was a factory CDr in Jewel case with booklet.

Then another label "ripped it off" artwork and all and pressed it on a REAL SILVER disc and presented it in a digipak cover.

As there have been 2 pressings it is not that hard to find. Stick it in your favorite searches on ebay and you'll find one within a few weeks I am sure.