All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Its a little while ago , I always putt small notes in the cd to remember.
The day before yesterday I was playing the cd again and reading it.
I didn't make much of it untill this new cd was announced.

Not sure if i buy this, depends on the audio and packaging at least they give 16 or 20 pages if I undestand it right , That beats the baxter cd, but I won't buy it if the sound isn't better.

I wish they released the 25 August 1973 with its a matter of time.
But we'll see as i said before wouldn't be the first time somebody surprises us.
I'm not going to complain or hail before I see and can hear it .
So let's hope they give what they tell us

I'm happy it's not another 1970, 1976 or 77 concert. I've have enough of those by now

Re: Let's wait and see

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:49 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
Rob V wrote:
What sites mention IAMOT is from the 3rd ?


Fair question - I have tried to check this out today with no luck!!


Check here...

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/tours/lv73.htm

?????????

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 am

Johanesson wrote:Wait for the Fort Baxter reissue! And remember,in last year there was a CD or CD-R which contained the Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo shows with ugly cover and WITHOUT any sound improvement or bonus tracks. Just a few months later F.B. reissued the same shows (under the title: SHAKIN' UP THE GREAT LAKES) and the sound quality was better,the booklet was great and there were even unreleased tracks on that CD.
Support F.B. and their classic series and ignore these amateur grabbers!


This makes really no sence !!

Wait for the FB reissue ????

Now you must to tell me first why we all would wait for this reissue !!! You never heard the one that those so called "grabbers" bought out ! Why do you think that FB would bring out the IAMOT as a reissue ? Do you really think that it would sound better than the original one ??

I would buy this one , i will pay the 20 Euro for it , maybe it is a loss of my money or maybe it is better , i will take that risk !

What i also not understand is :

If Ger writes : it's grab , than any-one think that it is grab !
If Ger writes : Perfectomundo , than everybody find it also perfectomundo !

Ger , this is no personal attack or whatever , but every time that you write something , there are a lot's of people who will follow you and give you always a YES as an answer !

Sure , i know that you a really great fan , sure i know you as you will know me too when you will see me ! I know what i write and i asure you that i mean nothing with it that contains you , but it is more that i hate it that everybody follows you with your answers , no-one tries to give their own oppinion about something !

Regards : Ron.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:03 am

Some people here tend to have a soft spot for certain labels for whatever reason :wink: And I can understand if the fans generally favour good Madison/Fort Baxter releases to other releases of low quality labels.

However my principle is still: Release something new, then uncle Thomas will buy it, re-release old stuff, and you won't get nothing but a bored expression on his face. No matter what label you are from.

I was per example more excited about "Closing Night" (1970) than about the Zhazam re-release. And I was very ecxited about "Holding Down The Fort", which is the most underrated release of the year, in my oppinion (here's that nasty word again).

Re: Let's wait and see

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:41 am

elvis-fan wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
Rob V wrote:
What sites mention IAMOT is from the 3rd ?


Fair question - I have tried to check this out today with no luck!!


Check here...

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/tours/lv73.htm



Thanks for that Brad :smt023

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:13 am

Fort Baxter seem to be reissuing the concerts from 'A Profile - King On
Stage' box sets which are hard to find these days and when they do pop
up they are very expensive. 'Three' have being released so far with fantastic booklets and slightly improved sound. There has been no word of Baxter reissuing 'their other releases'. When 'Kansas City Blues' (first
reissue) was released Baxter mentioned that these are gonna be directed
to fans who missed out on buying the 2 box sets when they came out in the mid 90s.

But it's also been mentioned that the 'original Baxter gang' are not behind these releases. Anyway, whoever is putting these CDs out is doing a fine job.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 am

Why do you think that FB would bring out the IAMOT as a reissue ? Do you really think that it would sound better than the original one ??


I don't know if they will reissue this or not,but i really hope they will. Its sound quality is so good so i think it's very hard (almost impossible) to improve it,so the package (booklet) counts a lot.

But it's also been mentioned that the 'original Baxter gang' are not behind these releases. Anyway, whoever is putting these CDs out is doing a fine job.


Exactly. I bought these re-releases and these are fantastic. The reissues were made by a fan i think. But we don't have any info about this new label,so i'm very suspicious. We haven't got too many quality CD's in the last few years.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:19 am

I'm sure the booklet will be nice and everything but I will stick to Fort Baxter's own resissues.

Apparantly, no more more Profile shows will be issued in Fort Baxter's classic series. I keep hoping that the next reissue will be either "Just Pretend" or "Goodbye Memphis" (with bonus tracks from the same period, not 1977).

Keith Richards, Jr.

a new vegas

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 am

... On the Elvis News. com site, one mentions its okay to steal

from other labels, as all bootleggers are thiefs, Baxter, Madison,

bilko, whoever. All thiefs. Really?

... I cant stand stupid remarks like that, from outsiders, who no

nothing about the doings of such long standing labels.

No tapes, that I know of, ever fell out of the sky, in to the hands

of above [ and other respected labels] for free. They all had a

price tag. Hefty price tags.

... The 'new' generation of bootleggers have minor expences.

You simply take 'old' titles and rework them a little, add a booklet

and youre ready to rock. Its a bit like: "sh*t, I dont own a car

myself, so I grab the one from my neighbours, give it a spray job,

and now its mine!" Thank you very much.

... Ofcourse, sadly enough, theres no stopping these weazels.

The future will see the re- makes of many classics. They dont

have the tapes, but they do have the original cds... The possibillities

are endless... One cant exspect to see the old labels re- issueing

their old catalog, and issue new titles at the same time. They can

hardly survive in todays market, with fewer and fewer buyers to

rely on.

... But with no other expences then a bonus booklet to be printed,

its, and always will be, easy money to be made from re- issueing

old titles from others...

true ! but...........

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:56 am

Here is an exsample of what i mean !

The Elvis Presley Show - Holding Down The Fort - great !!
Hunstville 1975 = great !!
Shakin' Up The Great Lakes = great !!
Let It Roll = great !!
Last Tango In Tahoe Out Now = great !!
Elvis Diamonds = great !!
Kansas City Blues Out Now = great !!
Bilko's Gold Cuts Out Now = great !!
Movin' Mobile Now Out = great !!
Fly T-R-O-U-B-L-E ! = great !!

ECT ECT ......................

Why great ??

Only because there where made by Madison / Fort Baxter and Bilko ??
Maybe because some of the re-issues do have an unreleased track ??

Or is it because you write that they are great !!

Sure , most of the re-issues is indeed grab , but absolutly not all !

This is just my oppinion , no defence !!

PS , bad exsample Ger !

"sh*t, I dont own a car myself, so I grab the one from my neighbours, give it a spray job,

and now its mine!" Thank you very much.

Buy the car from your neighbours , go to a garage , invest a little bit more money and the car would be better then when you bought it from your neighbours ! :wink:

Regards : Ron.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Who said "Elvis Diamonds" and "Bilko's Gold Cuts" were great? :shock:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: true ! but...........

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:28 pm

MaHaLo wrote:"sh*t, I dont own a car myself, so I grab the one from my neighbours, give it a spray job,

and now its mine!" Thank you very much.

Buy the car from your neighbours , go to a garage , invest a little bit more money and the car would be better then when you bought it from your neighbours ! :wink:

Regards : Ron.

?

Re: true ! but...........

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Rob wrote:
MaHaLo wrote:"sh*t, I dont own a car myself, so I grab the one from my neighbours, give it a spray job,

and now its mine!" Thank you very much.

Buy the car from your neighbours , go to a garage , invest a little bit more money and the car would be better then when you bought it from your neighbours ! :wink:

Regards : Ron.

?


:D :D

Ger :

Take a cd , give it a new booklet and tataaaaaa , new release !

Ron :

Take a cd , take some money to try to imporove the sound quality and tataaaaaaa , a new release !

New is not unreleased but with a much better sound quality !

Regards : Ron.

a new vegas

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:10 pm

... Reg. your reply to stealing my neighbours car: Correct me if Im

wrong, but I cant remember you and your friends asking to "borrow'

the original reel to reel from IAMOTime from my friend, old mr.

Baxter. So its simply stealing someone else's material, Ronnieboy.

... And that 'press'release, as seen on Elvis News. com by you

guys, really is funny. "Part of the contents on this new cd has

been out before bla, bla... Part? Its the COMPLETE show, minus

the audience bonus track! Its the same sh*t talk you guys used

on your previous rip off 'Closing Night' . And now you already

admit theres nothing new on Vegas Rhythm, but the sound has

been improved a lot. Well, congratulations, lads! Im glad theres

still a future for boots, with you guys being around. Whats next?

Just Pretend? Old Times? Closing Night 74?...

A shame you guys dont have the original tapes. But you can

always add a bonus booklet, to cloud your misery releases.

Re: a new vegas

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:All thiefs. Really?

... I cant stand stupid remarks like that, from outsiders, who no

nothing about the doings of such long standing labels.

No tapes, that I know of, ever fell out of the sky, in to the hands

of above [ and other respected labels] for free.


They may not be stealing the physical tape, but they are certainly stealing the artist's copyright by selling it on CD.

Chris

PS: Why all the blank lines and full stops in every post? It makes it very hard to decipher your point.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 pm

Hello Gerrie :wink:

Why are you so upset ??

I do not get it , no-one must buy this one !

I did post a small message about the American Dream release ! Remember ?

(Did we not have (almost) all of these outtakes on the Cool Romeo box ??)

Take these away from the American Dream cd and there is almost nothing left !

Still , every-one is writing that it is a superb cd ! Only because they have put it all together on 1 cd ? How must i call that ?

I know that those where stolen from your boss !! But still !!

Every-one does remember the fight between :

A Capital Performance between Madison and LMP !!

Who has stoelen it from Who ?? You know that and i do know that !

Was Madison better ?? No , in my oppinion not !

But 1 person , why is a great Elvis fan writes that the Madison is and was better , than any-one writes that it is ! Pitty !

If ?? your boss does have the reel to reel tape , why does he not trying to improve the sound-quality ?? I am glad that the "Grabbers" are willing to try , if it works than that is the second question ! Though ??

One thing i really want to make clear !!

I have and i never will have anything to do with making or stealing or whatever with boot / import cd's !! I just give my oppinion ! Capice ?

Regards : Ron.[/b]

Re: true ! but...........

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 pm

MaHaLo wrote:Here is an exsample of what i mean !

The Elvis Presley Show - Holding Down The Fort - great !!
Hunstville 1975 = great !!
Shakin' Up The Great Lakes = great !!
Let It Roll = great !!
Last Tango In Tahoe Out Now = great !!
Elvis Diamonds = great !!
Kansas City Blues Out Now = great !!
Bilko's Gold Cuts Out Now = great !!
Movin' Mobile Now Out = great !!
Fly T-R-O-U-B-L-E ! = great !!

ECT ECT ......................

Why great ??

Only because there where made by Madison / Fort Baxter and Bilko ??
Maybe because some of the re-issues do have an unreleased track ??

Or is it because you write that they are great !!

Sure , most of the re-issues is indeed grab , but absolutly not all !

This is just my oppinion , no defence !!

PS , bad exsample Ger !

"sh*t, I dont own a car myself, so I grab the one from my neighbours, give it a spray job,

and now its mine!" Thank you very much.

Buy the car from your neighbours , go to a garage , invest a little bit more money and the car would be better then when you bought it from your neighbours ! :wink:

Regards : Ron.


Well why GREAT? Mostly because it is (almost) all new stuff, not copied from any old bootlegs. And if it is an re-release, then it was mastered from original tapes. See the point? There is CERTAIN DIFFERENCE!!!!! Original producer paid the tape.

Btw I guess nobody wrote Elvis Diamonds is great. From your list this one was rip off.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Sure , your right , but how do you know that the sound of the Vegas Rhythm cd is not improved ?? Did you heard it ? Maybe , because it was stolen and because it was stolen it must be bad ??

Ger Wrote : your friends (i really do not have a clue why those so called friends are) asking to "borrow' the original reel to reel from IAMOTime from my friend, old mr. Baxter. So its simply stealing someone else's material, Ronnieboy.

Stolen , yes absolute !!!!!

But , if they have the reel to reel tape than why would it not beiing possible to improve the sound-quality of the IAMOT cd ??

Fort Baxter did it with some ! Though ??

Regards : Ron.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 pm

MaHaLo wrote:Sure , your right , but how do you know that the sound of the Vegas Rhythm cd is not improved ?? Did you heard it ? Maybe , because it was stolen and because it was stolen it must be bad ??

Ger Wrote : your friends (i really do not have a clue why those so called friends are) asking to "borrow' the original reel to reel from IAMOTime from my friend, old mr. Baxter. So its simply stealing someone else's material, Ronnieboy.

Stolen , yes absolute !!!!!

But , if they have the reel to reel tape than why would it not beiing possible to improve the sound-quality of the IAMOT cd ??

Fort Baxter did it with some ! Though ??

Regards : Ron.


- well hard to listen to something that is not out ... I do not think I will get it anyway. Original is good (enough) sound already.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:50 pm

Well since FTD was started to combat the bootleggers bootlegging BMG does this mean that we will be getting an FTD type bootlegger label from the bootleggers to combat the bootleggers bootlegging the bootleggers... :?: :lol:

JEFF d
EAP fan

a new vegas

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:27 pm

... Ring ring goes the bell... Old mr. Baxter thinks he has figured

it out... My boss in all his generousity, after having made a dat copy

for himself gave the reel in box as a present to JK from a certain

big German label, years ago. Ofcourse the deal was to keep it for

himself. Mr. Baxter, a little naive, as always, thought certain

collectors friends could be trusted... stupid mr. Baxter!

JK 'leaked' a lot of other goodies from the Baxter/ Bilko collection

to The Romeo people as well. But mr. Baxter had forgotten about

the 73 tape gift [ and several other originals, who no doubt will

be the next follow up releases...?] Great move JK. Old Times

Are Not Forgotten, indeed. You were a true friend!

... Nothing new here, in the wonderful world of EP collecting.

Friendships end, where money rules.

Re: a new vegas

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:
Are Not Forgotten, indeed. You were a true friend!

... Nothing new here, in the wonderful world of EP collecting.

Friendships end, where money rules.


Hmmmmmmm, no I won't say anything.....

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Rob V wrote:Fort Baxter seem to be reissuing the concerts from 'A Profile - King On
Stage' box sets which are hard to find these days and when they do pop
up they are very expensive.


The original boxes do turn up occasionally on ebay, but yes by and large the are difficult to find. I managed to get them for £150 the pair, originals in prefect condition from there. :D

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:00 pm

Ger, I totaly agree with you 8)

I would buy a re-release from Baxter any day. Simply because they stand for quality.

I will not buy a rip-off by some other label claiming things that aren't true ('part of this show was released', that is misleading as is the claim they have re-done the sound as they don't have the original tape :? ).

To my knowledge the toplabels (Baxter, Bilko etc) have never ever mislead the fans.

'The American Way' is a great cd. I do not have the 'Cool Romeo' boxset so to me this is a essential release. I have been told that the sound on 'The American Way' is much better then on that boxset. Also: I love those acetates. Haven't heard them before either, not to mention the total presentation (like cover-art, booklet).

I do have 'It's A Matter Of Time'. So I will stay away from the rip-off job that now takes place and swear, once again, to only support and have faith in the labels that have always delivered what they promised 'and never once let shame touch their faces', so help me Elvis!. Amen. 8)

Don't let these guy's piss you off too much Ger! Just take a look at the new Import Top 40 and see what labels are in the Top 10 :D and you will know that quality is appreciated by a lot of fans and that rip-off's will never get in this list, ever :twisted:

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:50 am

According to this site,it is out now. Has anybody owns this already? Any info or review?
Earlier i was against this CD,but now i've changed my mind. If the booklet is nice and the sound quality is good,i'll buy it maybe,because i still don't own this show and it seems that FORT BAXTER's classic series is dead. Or at least it is slowly working. I would be more happy with the F.B. reissue,but it seems they stopped to do that series. Though i hope i'm wrong.

Image