All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:40 pm

E-Cat wrote:
Additional fan footage was shot in front of Pershing Municipal Auditorium in Lincoln and there is some fan footage from Des Moines, there is also more backstage footage (Elvis talking to his father and footage from the dressing room), some footage from Indianapolis and some more footage from Graceland.

Some of the footage was used in the CBS Special (flashes of arriving in Lincoln, Des Moines, etc), but as far as concert footage concerns - and don't forget that footage from the June 20th concert in Lincoln was planned but canceled the last minute-, there just was no other usuable concert footage left to be included in the special.

Sorry, have you seen it? Because it's kinda boring to read all this "I've read, I know, I've heard, they say...etc" about supposed footage of Elvis concerts.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:24 am

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:how was it presented to Elvis? .

It was presented by Gary to Elvis at the end of the summer. The info was shared by Tom Parker.
Hav-A-Tampa wrote:There is also a rumour that they filmed Elvis at Graceland in July

No, the rumour of Elvis being interviewed at the swimming pool is not true.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:06 am

Thanks for the reply, E-Cat. So at least Elvis had a chance to watch the shows... wonder if he did, and what he felt if he did. Man, he must have had a lot on his mind in July/August, "Elvis what happened" coming out and then this...

I know that the pool-side interview with Elvis is just a rumour (and nothing more), I don't think he would have agreed to do that, certainly not in '77.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:39 am

Ahhh. Just found where this clip came from. It's on the Coming On Strong Vol. 2 dvd. Very good quality! If you don't have it get it, it's a great video!