All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

New Found 77 Clips to share with you all!!!!!!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXHoZyqmqg

I just finished watching this dvd, and I am amazed at how good the Chicago 77 show is!! The 2nd show, I mean. The 1st show is very standard. But on the 2nd show, he is REALLY up for this one. On one hand he has a million mike problems which eventually leads to E throwing the mike back at Sam. Then you get great versions of Fairytale, My Way, Polk Salad, and a fantastic Hurt which leads to the infamous backward somersault during the reprise, to which you can tell from the Sweets and Charlies reaction how surprised they were to see it. Anyways, here's Polk Salad and Hurt.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:06 am

Thanks for posting, but it says the video is unavailable

Axe

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:27 am

Still not available - sounds interesting though!!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:21 am

I just saw it and it`s really just great, I like Elvis 77 but I must say that this is more than I would have expected from that period, WOW :D
I`ll certainly get this one, that`s for sure.

About the link, I got it first time I hit it and saved to favorites, but when I wanted to watch again it was no longer valid. STRANGE :?

Now I tried again, just 5 min later and it works again :?

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:25 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:56 am

GREAT clip!!!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:02 am

I wonder though.......Just about any mpeg-1 (vcd) clip will look good on a computer screen but after getting the video it will look alot less. So I wonder if the real source of this footage is better than that or if it's going to be a rip off crap quality vcd dvd like we have all seen so much of. I personally get tired of having it stuck in my ass :D

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Yes, i´d love to see more clips from that show if possible. Especially the sound quality is a happy surprise. And of course, the somersault. :) Elvis´s movements were far from dopey too.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Great clip, thanks alot. I've got footage from both Chicago concerts, and must say they are among the best shows from '77, especially 2nd one...and a powerhouse version of Fairytale also...to bad that momentum did not carry into the may 20th-june2nd tour....

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:44 pm

Fantastic clip.
Thanks for sharing.
I always assumed the legendary backwards somersault on May 2 may have been somewhat exaggerated but here's the evidence.
A great sounding PSA too, complete with multiple karate moves.
It would have been nice to have some of this action just six weeks later in EIC
rick

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:48 pm

My God, he is rolling over the floor during "Hurt"...and that in May 1977..!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:52 pm

Fantastic clips..........loved it :D

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:25 pm

good footage - thanx for sharing it - :wink:

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:29 pm

A soomersault is what the guy from Van Halen did...Elvis rolled on the floor. Still good though...thanks.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 pm

:D Great clips!!! Brought a smile to my face seeing Elvis having fun on stage in May 1977. That crowd certainly got their money's worth in Chicago - great show.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Wow! That was surprisingly good! Strange though, isn't it, one night it looks like he has a hard time doing even the most basic dance steps, next night he is rolling on the floor! Was that the last time he did "Polk Salad"?

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:39 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Wow! That was surprisingly good! Strange though, isn't it, one night it looks like he has a hard time doing even the most basic dance steps, next night he is rolling on the floor! Was that the last time he did "Polk Salad"?

He did it at least one time that I'm aware of on the late May/early June tour. Binghampton N.Y.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Thanks Pete!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Wow! That was surprisingly good! Strange though, isn't it, one night it looks like he has a hard time doing even the most basic dance steps, next night he is rolling on the floor! Was that the last time he did "Polk Salad"?

Pete is correct. That was the last tour he performed Polk Salad Annie.
It was performed on May 26th, May 28th, May 31st and finally, for the last time ever, on June 2nd in Mobile, AL.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:44 pm

The 2nd Chicago show the best performance of '77?

Hell yeah! :o

Along with Ann Arbor this was the best Elvis had to offer by this time.
The Hurt footage was new to me,
different angle, but it must be from Chicago indeed.

Energic, clear speech and vocals, and rather trim looking compared to the upcoming May/June shows...

However, listen to the next night's recording from Saginaw,
and we're back on earth with a tired sounding Elvis....

Cheers, RJ

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Very true, but at least Elvis started the Saginaw show on a positive note with beginning with Thats Allright Mama and then going into Trouble. Again, I had no idea just how good this chicago show really was until I saw it. During Love Me, some fan throws something on stage and E grabs it with his feet and jumpkicks it up to him....very rare for this time period. What a world of difference between the night before and the night after.

'77 clip

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:03 pm

Thanks for sharing. Elvis seemed to be enjoying himself in this concert. Much more lively than on EIC.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 am

.....Also, his version of My Way is fantastic. I read the Tunzi review on this site and I completely disagree with it all. Yes, the 1st show kinda gave a "took the money and ran" approach, but the 2nd show is classic Elvis and his very best of 77 in my mind.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:26 am

During the finale of Hurt, does Elvis say "God damn you"?

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:32 am

Jim Dandy wrote:During the finale of Hurt, does Elvis say "God damn you"?

Jim Dandy, where can I find the photo of your avatar, I just love it :D