All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Jth wrote:Dear god, did Andy Kaufman say the same jokes when he was trying to impersonate Elvis??

He didn't try impersonate Elvis, he did. And no, his good jokes weren't part of the Elvis show.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:05 pm

That's your opinion. I think he is the best Elvis impersonator what I've ever seen, and I'm glad I haven't heard much of them :D

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 pm

Just watched it and i thought it was pretty funny he doesnt take it too serious but hey id still push him over a cliff edge if i saw him dressed like that in public "treat me nice" ala las vegas era now thats dreamin :lol:

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:38 pm

Steve_M wrote:
changeofhabit wrote:That's your opinion. I think he is the best Elvis impersonator what I've ever seen, and I'm glad I haven't heard much of them :D

Then my opinion is the same as yours. I think that that was the best ever impersonation of Elvis as well.

That's not what you said few post earlier :D You said he was bad impersonator.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:45 pm

JEFF d wrote:This guy..... till he let himself go. :lol:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Poor bloke is all berries and no twig :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:04 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:09 pm

what about this guy?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2H7SwJp3EU

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 pm

John B wrote:what about this guy?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2H7SwJp3EU

I just threw up in my mouth a little.......... :?

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:15 pm

Steve_M wrote:
changeofhabit wrote:
Steve_M wrote:
changeofhabit wrote:That's your opinion. I think he is the best Elvis impersonator what I've ever seen, and I'm glad I haven't heard much of them :D

Then my opinion is the same as yours. I think that that was the best ever impersonation of Elvis as well.

You either speak the truth or you don't.

I've checked and can find no evidence of what you claim.

It is the best impersonation I've seen of Elvis and that I think it is also a bad impersonation doesn't alter that it is still the best I've seen.

I understood you perfectly Steve (a worrisome prospect in itself :wink: ).

Steve is saying that the very BEST Elvis impersonation is still an abomination.

It's like being the best child molester in the school district :lol:

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:30 pm

Steve_M wrote:
changeofhabit wrote:
Steve_M wrote:

You either speak the truth or you don't.

I've checked and can find no evidence of what you claim.

It is the best impersonation I've seen of Elvis and that I think it is also a bad impersonation doesn't alter that it is still the best I've seen.

Well, okay :D I saw another clip of him and somebody asked from audience him to do Elvis, but he told that he doesn't do Elvis anymore. Do you guys think that it was filmed after Elvis' death and he didn't wan't impersonate Elvis anymore?

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:31 pm

Maybe he got tired of doing Elvis. Blue Moon of Kentucky wasn't so good. But I find his impersonations pretty good for a comedian.

Impersonators

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:33 pm

Andy Kaufman was really a fan of Elvis and I sure miss seeing him on all the talk shows raving on and doing his impressions of Elvis..........R.I.P. Andy!

I saw Alan the impersonator in '75 and he was really good and a true fan! Who else would perform "I need you so" and "Like a Baby" in a show - he was also nice to talk to! Wonder what ever happened to him?................but really now I can hardly watch or listen to the impersonators...........Penticton Elvis Festival '01 did it to me - there was a contest with at least 30 of them and none of them could even compare to Elvis - in voice, looks or movements.........in fact we got so sick of listening to them it was a pleasure to go back to our car and put on an Elvis CD and hear Elvis' magical voice!!!! You just can't try to out do the orginal!!!

Happy to just to listen and watch Elvis!!! Barb

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:25 pm

Well, he died. That's what happened to him. :(

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:06 am

Gene Vincent qualifies as an impersonator because he got his record contract through entering and winning an Elvis impersonator competition sponsored by Capitol records in 56. Legend has it Gladys Elvis mum congratulate her son on his recording after hearing Be Bop A Lula.

Andy Kaufman - best known over here as the bloke with the squeaky voice in 'Taxi' a cross between Joe Pasquale and Freddie Star - also famed for his fairly average Elvis impression.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:18 am

Why do you bring this picture to the forum? I hate it so much I can't even stand to see it if it is posted as a joke.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:44 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:48 am

Thomas wrote:

Why do you bring this picture to the forum? I hate it so much I can't even stand to see it if it is posted as a joke.

That is exactly what I think too. But as you can see, somebody likes to make fun of Elvis.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:53 am

changeofhabit wrote:
Thomas wrote:

That is exactly what I think too. But as you can see, somebody likes to make fun of Elvis.

I don't see how it's any more rediculous than what you posted in the ALL ELVIS forum, this thread should have been Off Topic or Chat at least...

NOW... did you find where he hid his he boiled eggs(its like a game see :lol: )?? :wink:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Re: Impersonators

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:56 am

Barbie wrote:Andy Kaufman was really a fan of Elvis and I sure miss seeing him on all the talk shows raving on and doing his impressions of Elvis..........R.I.P. Andy!

I saw Alan the impersonator in '75 and he was really good and a true fan! Who else would perform "I need you so" and "Like a Baby" in a show - he was also nice to talk to! Wonder what ever happened to him?................but really now I can hardly watch or listen to the impersonators...........Penticton Elvis Festival '01 did it to me - there was a contest with at least 30 of them and none of them could even compare to Elvis - in voice, looks or movements.........in fact we got so sick of listening to them it was a pleasure to go back to our car and put on an Elvis CD and hear Elvis' magical voice!!!! You just can't try to out do the orginal!!!

Happy to just to listen and watch Elvis!!! Barb
Glad you mentioned Alan...Thought I was the only one that had heard of him.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 am

JEFF d wrote:
changeofhabit wrote:
Thomas wrote:

I don't see how it's any more rediculous than what you posted in the ALL ELVIS forum, this thread should have been Off Topic or Chat at least...

NOW... did you find where he hid his he boiled eggs(its like a game see :lol: )?? :wink:

JEFF d
EAP fan

This IS all Elvis, it's about Elvis impersonator who was Elvis' favorite and that makes it good enough for All Elvis :D

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:33 am

Ok changeofhabit... my appologies. Didn't mean to upset anyone. :D

I thought since you like Andys Elvis comedy routine, you might get a chuckle out of that fat b*stard Elvis impersonator... and his boiled eggs. lmao :lol:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:49 pm

JEFF d wrote:Ok changeofhabit... my appologies. Didn't mean to upset anyone. :D

I thought since you like Andys Elvis comedy routine, you might get a chuckle out of that fat b*stard Elvis impersonator... and his boiled eggs. lmao :lol:

JEFF d
EAP fan

No, I don't like eggs 8)

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:53 pm

daz cav wrote:Just watched it and i thought it was pretty funny he doesnt take it too serious but hey id still push him over a cliff edge if i saw him dressed like that in public "treat me nice" ala las vegas era now thats dreamin :lol:

i thought that he was funny as well- daz. . - just imagine your health like this .-

i[b] would have pushed him over the cliff as well.- what a sight .- ha ha. ha. :lol: :o
[/b]