All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:00 pm

When I received a reel-to-reel tape of the audio of the 1968 TV show about a week after the show had aired and sharing copies with my friends.
A month later I got to see the show on quite a few 3 minute 8mm movies without sound. Although we tried to match the films with the tape it did not work.
Those were the days. Nowadays you spoiled brats can see anything Elvis in the best picture quality in the comfort of your home. :wink:
Us oldtimers had to go to a theatre to see Elvis. But I can guarantee that YOU missed a lot of the great atmosphere seeing Elvis movies in the theatre or rare previously unseen stuff at Elvis Conventions.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:18 pm

Best moments featuring Elvis Presley *by* Elvis Presley...

OR...

Best moments featuring Elvis Presley in *my* own life?

I think there are two interpretations -- and two sets of answers -- in this thread.

I'll get back with some later. But flick through the "Comeback Special" 3-DVD set booklet for elucidation on one. What's the moment? When the crowd clap and clap and clap Elvis after he finishes the first medley. That little nod of the head says it all. The "My boy, my boy..." is good, but the *real* reaction is that head nod. "Yes, thank God, I'M BACK!" A truly astounding moment. And very much a defining one in EP's life / career.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:28 pm

I guess that my best Elvis moment`s was when I first really noticed what Elvis is all about. In the beginning, when I really took time to listen, I was like in another world when I really listened to all the songs for the very first time. An amazing experince it was, I`ll never forget that feeling :)
Also watching 68`special, TTWII etc....for the very first time was very special.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:16 pm

The first time I heard him singing Trouble

Ande there was a moment in the Last Indianapolis show, when he was doing Unchained Melody. He was looking very different, but then somewhere at the end he smiled, and it was exactly the same smile.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:45 pm

1) Back in 1986, i got the "Golden Records" LP and spent much of the time listening and listening again to TREAT ME NICE. I was hooked!
2) Two years later, I discovered the 68 TV Special tape (and enjoyed too those applause between the first medley and CANĀ“T HELP FALLING IN LOVE).
3) A couple of weeks ago, i received through e-bay my favourit original LP, "Elvis Country".

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Narek wrote:Ande there was a moment in the Last Indianapolis show, when he was doing Unchained Melody. He was looking very different, but then somewhere at the end he smiled, and it was exactly the same smile.

Elvis didn't perform "Unchained Melody" during the Indianapolis concert.

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:59 am

Rob wrote:
Narek wrote:Ande there was a moment in the Last Indianapolis show, when he was doing Unchained Melody. He was looking very different, but then somewhere at the end he smiled, and it was exactly the same smile.

Elvis didn't perform "Unchained Melody" during the Indianapolis concert.

That must be from Rapid. I have that picture captured from that show in my computer, great moment indeed. :)

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:34 pm

I liked it when he curled up his lip and sang "You ain't nuthin butta hound dog"... and was shakin his leg. :smt035

JEFF d
EAP fan

Best Elvis Moment...

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:40 pm

JEFF d wrote:
I liked it when he curled up his lip and sang "You ain't nuthin butta hound dog"... and was shakin his leg.

Crikey, which performance was that??

Re: Best Elvis Moment...

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:46 pm

Mike S wrote:JEFF d wrote:
I liked it when he curled up his lip and sang "You ain't nuthin butta hound dog"... and was shakin his leg.

Crikey, which performance was that??

Everyone of them!

That good far outweighs the bad!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:49 pm

I'd probably agree with Mike - discovering all the great fan sites and the bootlegs and FTDs. It opened up a lot of doors.

Hopefully, my trip to Memphis (in just over a week) should be mindblowing as we're covering the whole city and doing some really cool things. It'll be my first trip abroad and I'm seriously excited! :D

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:07 am

If I Can Dream - '68 Comeback Special
American Trilogy from This Is Elvis...so awesome !!
Bridge Over Troubled Water from April 14th 1972 Greensboro concert
Elvis walking on Stage January 14th 1973 do to the Aloha concert...he looked like a super hero... 8)
Unchained Melody from Rapid City 6-21-1977
and finally my favorite, My Way from june 21st 1977 ---just a masterpiece!!!

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:51 am

londonflash wrote:Hopefully, my trip to Memphis (in just over a week) should be mindblowing as we're covering the whole city and doing some really cool things. It'll be my first trip abroad and I'm seriously excited! :D

Have a great time londonflash... give us a full report with pictures! Your gonna LOVE it!!!!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Will do Jeff!

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:10 am

In Vegas August 75, when Elvis was attempting Young and Beautiful from memory and unrehearsed - he paused to think of the words and some one yelled "You're beautiful!" and the whole audience stood up and applauded Elvis just for being beautiful. He was so pleased and hung his head and smiled shyly sideways at the Insps and Stamps - very touching.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 pm

chris c wrote:In Vegas August 75, when Elvis was attempting Young and Beautiful from memory and unrehearsed - he paused to think of the words and some one yelled "You're beautiful!" and the whole audience stood up and applauded Elvis just for being beautiful. He was so pleased and hung his head and smiled shyly sideways at the Insps and Stamps - very touching.

Beautiful, where you there?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Another: I LOVE the moment in the rehearsal concert for "Aloha From Hawaii" when he wipes himself down during "Love Me" ...... and that cute brunette smiles. Hot damn! Seriously, that's a bit of a double whammy: a babe in the audience and a fantastic moment of rapport. It's similar to when Elvis shakes his head in the direction of a girl after teasing her during his rendition of "That's Alright (Mama)" in the 8PM sitdown show at Burbank, which is another great moment.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Sid, yes I was. (Thank you God.)

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:08 am

chris c wrote:Sid, yes I was. (Thank you God.)

OMG

Lucky you, did you post a review by any chance because a little while ago someone said that all the concert reviews by the forum members are on here, well i did a search and over a hundred pages came up I still haven't found one yet :(