All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Your Best Elvis Moment

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:53 pm

In opposition to the "Worst Elvis Moment" thread, what are some of your best? There are so many to choose from. However, three that make me say, "I'm damn proud to be an Elvis fan" are:

"Trying To Get To You" - June 27, 1968

The orchestra building up to the climax of "An American Trilogy" during the Aloha concert.

Elvis surprising everyone and tossing his cape to the crowd and walking off carrying a crown at the conclusion of that same Aloha concert.

Again, there are so many more, but those are at the top of my list.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:10 pm

Two of my best moments came when i heard him singing "Heartbreak Hotel" on the Car radio..I knew then "UH Oh" something big is going to gonna happen with this guy!! little did i know..

and the best is when he stopped long enuff to stroll back to where i was standing at the edge of the stage in vegas, in 1974
to shake my hand!!!!!! :D
Last edited by Elton on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Hearing those first singles.....

Seeing him in Loving You.

After the period b & w melodrama Love Me Tender.....

... we got to see a contemporary Elvis doing his thing in glorious colour..........

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Trying in vain for years (early eighties) to acquire the paperback "Elvis What Happened?" only to find it in a second hand bookshop, on a day I had no money. I can safely say now, that I stole it :roll:!
The funny part about it was, once I read it, it was then passed around to all my friends and family!

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:21 pm

My best Elvis moment was when i was celebrating my 18th birthday in Germany, 1959 when i met up with Elvis and he spent an hour playing songs on his guitar with just me there listening.

My worst Elvis moment was when i woke up. :lol:

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:35 pm

Elton wrote:Two of my best moments came when i heard him singing "Heartbreak Hotel" on the Car radio..I knew then "UH Oh" something big is going to gonna happen with this guy!! little did i know..

and the best is when he stopped long enuff to stroll back to where i was standing at the edge of the stage in vegas, in 1974
to shake my hand!!!!!! :D

Lucky you :D

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:45 pm

my best moment (s)

Seeing the 68 Comeback Special ( have had a thing for guy's in black leather since lol)

Seeing him walk on the stage on the Aloha Special

Hearing my first Elvis album.....at the International

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:56 pm

my best 3 moments were saving up for 2 year just after leaving school and going to graceland when i was only 18 awsome. seeing elvis in loving you for the first time when i was 6 years old and became a fan for life mind blowing. a little less conversation going to number 1 in in 2002 it ment a lot to see my idol at number 1 at the top of the charts after buying all elvis singles for years and doing nothing in the charts amazing.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:12 pm

I don't know about that Sid, a table of friends that i wipe out
and knocked down, trying to get to that part of the stage
might not agree i was all that lucky!! :oops: :lol:
It will remain a moment in time for me, and yes i do concur I did feel very lucky!!

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Sitting in front of the TV December 3rd 1968 and seeing Elvis open the show with: "If you're looking for trouble..."

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:35 pm

The first visit at GRACELAND in 2002 . never forget this . to see the gates and then walk into the mansion and then on the night of the 16th to be at the maditation garden...i remeber that i started to cry and my emotions out...amazing moment for me.
other moments:
visit tupelo, Hawaii.
sincerely
LIOR :wink:

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Back in '71 when I came across my older sister's Elvis' Golden Records, put it on, and heard Elvis growl out the opening "You ain't nuthin' but a houn' dog." I was instantly hooked.

Seeing him walk out on stage to the See See Rider vamp in July '75 with that distinctive walk, flashbulbs going off everywhere, crowd going crazy with screams, cheers and applause.

30 # 1's hitting the top of the charts around the world. It was like the general public were finally giving Elvis his long overdue respect and acknowledging his artistic greatness after a quarter century of mostly derision.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:03 pm

11-5-71. Seeing Elvis in concert at the Metropolitan Sports Center in Bloomington, Minnesota.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:44 pm

Hearing and seeing "Just Pretend" for the first time on TTWII.

It blew me away.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:18 pm

There are so many moments, but when he straps on the guitar in the 68 special to start the medley during the standup show, I get a frickin chill knowing what he's about to create, the best rock & roll ever performed!

BEST MOMENT

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:59 pm

listening to gi blues soundtrack!. Then hooked seeing elvis on tour about 10 times the first time i watched it, then spending 25 minutes up on the 30th floor of the hilton just me and ep till i woke up and realised i was dreaming :lol:

best moments can be thousands of things just having anything elvis will do me :D

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:39 pm

To all those lucky people who have had the chance to see Elvis, have you posted your experiences on the board before? I would love to read them.

Best Elvis moments

Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:11 pm

Mine are (and there's a few!)

Seeing Elvis for the first time ever in Love Me Tender in '56 when I was 9 and thinking mmm "this guy is cute and he can sing and move!!! (Little did I know it was the start of my addiction to Elvis!!)

Meeting him in '67 and '68 - wow!!!! - what a nice sweet guy and SO good lookin' !!!!

Seeing him start performing live again in '69 in Vegas - saw him twice that season and this was the ultimate live experience - seeing him like act like a wild panther giving his all!!! It still sends shivers down my spine........

There are many more - but those have to be my top choices........Merry Christmas to all you Elvis fans and hope everyone has a wonderful 2007!!

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:36 am

Seeing ELVIS in Concert June 25th -26th 1977 :D

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:01 am

sid wrote:To all those lucky people who have had the chance to see Elvis, have you posted your experiences on the board before? I would love to read them.

Sid -
A number of us have posted our Elvis concert experiences. If you search they should still be there. I think the thread title was "How many of you saw Elvis in concert" or something like that.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:26 am

Pete Dube wrote:
sid wrote:To all those lucky people who have had the chance to see Elvis, have you posted your experiences on the board before? I would love to read them.

Sid -
A number of us have posted our Elvis concert experiences. If you search they should still be there. I think the thread title was "How many of you saw Elvis in concert" or something like that.

Hey Thanks Pete am looking forward to them :D

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:56 am

Getting my TV album and playing it with first song Hound
Dog.... and the very best moment was hearing the Also Sprach Zarusthra notes Feb 12 1977 and knowing in seconds I would be sharing the same room/ roof/ air/ temperature/humidity with my Idol! :) ....plus a show!!! :lol:

Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:20 am

I'd have to say my fondest memory is sitting cross-legged on my bedroom floor as a seven yr old, listening to the Jailhouse Rock EP over and over on my Dansette record player :) It was that EP that made me a fan. I had the lyrics of all songs memorised and used to walk around the house singing the songs at the top of my voice. Not sure what a seven yr old looked like singing Baby I Don't Care :lol:

Re: Your Best Elvis Moment

Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:45 am

There are simply to many I consider equally great.

Rob wrote:The orchestra building up to the climax of "An American Trilogy" during the Aloha concert.

Shouldn't that be under "Best Orchestra Moment"?

Best Elvis Moment

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:55 pm

Discovering for the first time the range and availability of Elvis 'Import' albums, together with excellent sites like this one, Elvis In Norway and EIN, where they were reviewed and discussed in fascinating and knowledgable detail.