All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:10 am

support ftd over bootleggers cause most ep unreleased ep will come out on the label eventually and in stereo. and will be high quality soundboards over poor audience recordings.
you can't always find the orignal bootlegs anyway cause people copy them to cdr to death. then con you and say your getting real copy.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:40 pm

What would we ever do without your words of wisdom to guide us?

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:55 pm

I think another point the overreactionaries are missing is that I doubt that there is more than a couple of dozen people on this Message Board who would have a clue how to configure a Bit Torrent Client, successfully download all the Flac files and convert them into an audio CD. I certainly don’t think there are enough to spell the end of bootlegging as we know it.

I don’t necessarily disagree with what others have said, I just think that they need a little more perspective.

Chris

American Sound CD's

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:29 pm

ChrisM wrote:
I don’t necessarily disagree with what others have said, I just think that they need a little more perspective.

.....which to my mind means playing safe and not giving free advertising and promotion to sites like this on a mainstream collectors messageboard.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:38 pm

so do all the choir boys want me to take my link of the board ?

Re: American Sound CD's

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Mike S wrote:.....which to my mind means playing safe and not giving free advertising and promotion to sites like this on a mainstream collectors messageboard.

Actually, that is exactly what I meant by getting this out of perspective.

Chris

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:57 pm

ChrisM wrote:I think another point the overreactionaries are missing is that I doubt that there is more than a couple of dozen people on this Message Board who would have a clue how to configure a Bit Torrent Client, successfully download all the Flac files and convert them into an audio CD.

They're not even flac files, they're mp3s...

Axe

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:51 pm

I didn't actually look at the torrent, but I assumed from all the fuss that it was a lossless rip. Jeez.

Chris

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Who cares about degraded mp3 sound??? Not me. Good as a preview but that's all.

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 am

This particular 10 CD set was made by a fan and he NEVER charged for it - he had seeders post it on bit-torrent sites where it could be downloaded for free by anyone.

It was also originally posted as lossless files and not MP3's or any other lossy format.

The real crime here is that I've seen people who downloaded this set and then turned around and tried to sell it on eBay.

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:06 pm

ritchie valens wrote:you can't always find the orignal bootlegs anyway cause people copy them to cdr to death. then con you and say your getting real copy.

True words.