All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

the complete american sound 10 cd

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:53 pm

here is a link for anyone who does not have these cds before anyone one spits the dummy out they are bootlegs not ftds.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3573981/Elv ... ican_Sound

Re: the complete american sound 10 cd

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:02 am

rocknroller wrote:...before anyone one spits the dummy out they are bootlegs not ftds.

That ain't no excuse, we need to support the bootleggers, too! :smt023

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:48 am

real bootlegs are on factory pressed cd's, but if everyone starts downloading"even bootlegs,then the time of "new bootleg releases" will be over real soon..Thanks for showing.. :cry:

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:00 am

In my view there's two kinds of bootleggers, the real bootleggers (who steal from the labels) and the fake bootleggers (who steal from other bootleggers). It seems we should support the honest bootleggers first and foremost (if there is such a thing at all)...
Last edited by thenexte on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 am

I'm surprised that the link stays.

They do offer on that site also the FTD and RCA CDs and all the other stuff you can legally buy...

Go ahead... :roll:

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:57 am

Here in Denmark it`s not legal to download music from the internet without paying for it, thank god for that.
Just think about it, would the musians make music for us to listen to if they could not sell it to us :?:
They make music for a living and if they can`t make a living out of it, they will stop making music on cd`s. NO BODY WANT`S A LIFE WITHOUT MUSIC, RIGHT :?:

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:39 am

elvisa wrote:Here in Denmark it`s not legal to download music from the internet without paying for it, thank god for that.
Just think about it, would the musians make music for us to listen to if they could not sell it to us :?:
They make music for a living and if they can`t make a living out of it, they will stop making music on cd`s. NO BODY WANT`S A LIFE WITHOUT MUSIC, RIGHT :?:

If the musicians are real artists, they do it for the art!

Of course I agree that listeners should PAY for music, though that doesn't extend to bootlegs. The bootleggers aren't due any royalties for the discs they produce. Besides they're made in limited runs, and there are usually more people that want them than there are discs made. It's almost inevitable.
Legitimate product should be paid for and how these official releases are allowed for free distribution, I'll never know.

Axe

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:21 am

218 people have looked at this post at least 30% have downloaded american sound sessions and i will bet downloaded a lot more from this site.these sites wont last forever so take it will it lasts i buy all sony bmg cds & ftds i download to put it on my mp3 player.so how many of you are downloading ? a lot more than you think 87 of you have downloaded american sound sessions since i posted this link and i bet a lot more besides. :o not really.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:26 pm

you can't buy every cd that comes out bootleg wise then you'd be broke.

American Sound CD's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Ritchie Valens wrote:
you can't buy every cd that comes out bootleg wise then you'd be broke.

....but happy and helping to support the availability of possible future releases.

If too many simply copy them in this fashion, this will inevitably compromise the availability of this material which we cherish as collectors.

This is why this is a completely irresponsible thread which threatens the continuation of our mutual hobby. If any here cannot follow this simple explanation, then they should leave this site immediately and find another hobby.

Re: American Sound CD's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:58 pm

Mike S wrote:This is why this is a completely irresponsible thread which threatens the continuation of our mutual hobby. If any here cannot follow this simple explanation, then they should leave this site immediately and find another hobby.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:18 pm

Mike S wrote:This is why this is a completely irresponsible thread which threatens the continuation of our mutual hobby.

The only thing it threatens is the profit margin of the bootleggers. There will always be enough people who want to buy the originals silvers to keep the releases coming.

Don’t believe me? Then try looking a little further than Elvis. Crystal Cat has been releasing CDs by artists like Springsteen, Dylan and the Stones for about 15 years. Every new set is available for download within days of release, yet still they keep coming.

I suggest all the doomsday prophesizers stop feeling so sorry for the bootleggers and realise that they will continue to make easy money from their stolen product.

Chris

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 pm

ChrisM wrote:they will continue to make easy money from their stolen product.

Many of us are counting on that.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm

well said ChrisM. Rob said many of us are counting on that. i take it your a bootlegger rob ? are wee cutting in too your profits is that your problem ?

by the way anybody seen the the complete elvis gosbel stuff on the site worth a download for your mp3 player or i pod..

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:46 pm

I want to see as much previously unreleased Elvis material as possible as much as everyone else.

Ask yourself this question though. Would you rather get a 2nd or 3rd generation copy of a recording from a bootlegger now or wait to get it in better quality from FTD later? In some cases, bootleg releases are damaging the likelihood of getting some material in the best possible quality.

Chris

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:55 pm

rocknroller wrote:well said ChrisM. Rob said many of us are counting on that. i take it your a bootlegger rob ? are wee cutting in too your profits is that your problem ? by the way anybody seen the the complete elvis gosbel stuff on the site worth a download for your mp3 player or i pod..

I do not sell bootleg recordings. However, I am a collector of such and will support them by buying only original CD's. I will never download anything from any website when I can get the real deal.

One last thing...get "Hooked On Phonics" as soon as possible.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:16 pm

I like original things (bootlegs and Ftd's), I have them a lot, but I'm not finding appropriate all that preaching and underrating the people who download this stuff from internet. It would be easy for me to do that, because I'm not merried (yet :wink: ), I have a good job, no kids to feed and I can afford lots of original Elvis cd. But, I was in difficult situation before, I was without money,I was a student - but back then I was an Elvis fan too. And I downloaded lots of cd's from internet, I didn't want to be without Elvis music. In time, I bought (almost) all original cd's I've missed. My point is- there's a lot of people and loyal fans who'll always buy a new bootlegs and ftd's, but I have nothing against people who dont have a chance to buy expensive things and just trying some alternate ways to keep in touch with all that great cd's out there.

American Sound CD's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:29 pm

Chris M wrote:
The only thing it threatens is the profit margin of the bootleggers.

Not true I'm afraid. Rare material will always command a high price. If that price is not met, it will not be made available in the first instance. End of story.

There will always be enough people who want to buy the originals silvers to keep the releases coming.

This is naive and presumptive as you cannot possibly know this for sure.
I suggest all the doomsday prophesizers stop feeling so sorry for the bootleggers and realise that they will continue to make easy money from their stolen product.

The actions you are defending will quite clearly reduce any incentive for others to make it available. Also don't trivialise the risks taken by these parties by alluding to EASY money. Any action which can include a substantial fine together with a possible jail sentence is hardly easy, is it?

I want to see as much previously unreleased Elvis material as possible as much as everyone else.

Encouraging mass copying will obviously NOT result in your wish being fulfilled. As I said before, if any here cannot follow these simple explanations, then they should leave this site immediately and find another hobby.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Mike S wrote:Chris M wrote:
There will always be enough people who want to buy the originals silvers to keep the releases coming.

This is naive and presumptive as you cannot possibly know this for sure.

When they are released in numbers as low as 500, I think it's a fair bet.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Mike S wrote:Rare material will always command a high price. If that price is not met, it will not be made available in the first instance. End of story.

I thought that they taught in Economy 101 that rare material will command the price that someone else is willing to pay for it. That has been the basis of commerce for centuries.

Mike S wrote:This is naive and presumptive as you cannot possibly know this for sure.

I have already given an example to support this assertion (Crystal Cat). What is your evidence to the contrary?

Mike S wrote:Encouraging mass copying will obviously NOT result in your wish being fulfilled. As I said before, if any here cannot follow these simple explanations, then they should leave this site immediately and find another hobby.

Who said anything about mass copying? I thought we were talking about bootlegs that are generally produced in runs of a few hundreds and downloaded by a few dozen. I also said that I believe that material that is not bootlegged is more likely to see the light of day on FTD. Given that you don’t see to be able to follow this “simple explanation”, I assume that you will be taking you own advice. Perhaps your arrogant attitude will be more welcome at the stamp collecting forums. Merry Christmas.

Chris

American Sound CD's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:20 pm

TJ wrote:
When they are released in numbers as low as 500, I think it's a fair bet.

You do? Then why are they not immediately sold out? Many releases still appear to be available, even from years ago. Your baseless presumptions are not to be confused with reality in this case.

If a bootlegger decides the risks are not worth it, next time round, that desirable show he could obtain(at a price naturally) will remain with the original owner and therefore not be made available to us (and for you to then copy)

Running threads like this will inevitably have a negative effect on our mutual hobby. I ask you...don't do it.

American Sound CD's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:15 pm

Chris,
It's not a question of arrogance or insults and I'm sorry that you took it that way. It's simply an impassioned attempt to defend our hobby from those whose unwitting actions will serve to restrict it.

To answer your questions:
I thought that they taught in Economy 101 that rare material will command the price that someone else is willing to pay for it.

It also quite clearly depends on the price someone is prepared to SELL it for.

Regarding plentiful sales for original copies:
What is your evidence to the contrary?

The fact that these releases in strictly limited runs are still available and not sold out.

Who said anything about mass copying? I thought we were talking about bootlegs that are generally produced in runs of a few hundreds and downloaded by a few dozen.

And quite possibly a lot more thanks to the advertising you are condoning on this public messageboard. It simply serves to encourage copying by others who may otherwise seek other channels to aquire these releases.

I also said that I believe that material that is not bootlegged is more likely to see the light of day on FTD.

Whilst the FTD label is indeed excellent, it is obviously not feasable for them to release ALL the material out there and I have seen others mention that the site mentioned on this thread also has some FTD titles.

Once you condone and allow wholesale promotion of these sites, where do you draw the line? I hope this clarifies the situation.

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:44 pm

ChrisM wrote:I want to see as much previously unreleased Elvis material as possible as much as everyone else.

Ask yourself this question though. Would you rather get a 2nd or 3rd generation copy of a recording from a bootlegger now or wait to get it in better quality from FTD later? In some cases, bootleg releases are damaging the likelihood of getting some material in the best possible quality.

Chris

So how many years must we wait untill the complete G.I Blues or complete Blue Hawaii sessions are released by FTD. I would rather have them from bootlegs now rather than wait forever for a maybe FTD release.

And would FTD even exist if bootlegs have never existed?

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:19 pm

if this recording's are not in stereo i don't wont them any way like the American way Cd's

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:20 pm

kiwialan love that pic