All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Somebody Help Me!! with songs that start with R

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:49 pm

Hey I got the idea from this board, and I have a problem.

I was trying to do some love songs with the name spelled out of my sweetie.

I CANNOT find a suitable ELVIS song starting with the letter R!! Does anyone have a idea of a song? I don't care how obscure the song is or if it is only available in crappy quality or rehearsal or whatever. Just about love baby.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:54 pm

Genesim, how about Rags To Riches?

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:55 pm

Oh my God..I can't believe I forgot that one. Good one. I skipped right over it..thanks! I thought I was going to be stuck with Riding THe Rainbow!
Last edited by genesim on Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:56 pm

Mmm,this harder than I first thought,I can't think of anything other than "Relax"? not a love song though is it?

RRRRRRRR

Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:57 am

Rags to Riches

Raised on Rock

Reach out to Jesus

Ready Teddy

Reconsider Baby

Relax

Release Me

Return to Sender

Riding the Rainbow

Rip It Up

Rock-a-hula Baby

Roustabout

Rubberneckin'

Run On

Runaway

Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:17 am

Genesim, tell us now you've got us all interested, what are the songs you have chosen (we can work out your sweetheart's name from that!)...?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:34 am

Find a Japanese girl and let her sing Loving You.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:52 am

A few more:

Rock My Soul
Roses Are Red - One Liners\
Running Scared - One Liner

Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:24 am

carolynlm wrote:Just try finding one that starts with 'A', Always On My Mind doesn't seem
appropriate......

Any day now.

:D

Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:28 am

All That I Am
Am I Ready
Almost In Love
And I Love You So
Angel
Anyone (Could Fall In Love With You)
Anyplace Is Paradise
Any Way You Want Me
As Long As I Have You

That'd pretty much do it!

Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:05 am

I don't huff and puff... I just blow houses down with my super-breath. LOL!

You know.. because of the red cape and the ... yeah... :lol:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:23 am

Lassie I haven't really worked out all the letters, but R was the hardest part. She loves Bridge Over Troubled Water(E's version..no fooling), then Rags To Riches, As Long As I Have You, Next Step Is Love, Don't Ask Me Why, Young And Beautiful....then Memories, You Asked Me To...Words, I Need You So, Fever(...or Forget Me Never), Early Morning Rain.

The last two songs are working parts. I haven't completely decided yet on the last two words either. Though I know the set has to end with Can't Help Falling In Love cause that is her favorite Elvis song. So yes the demon has a soft side.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:32 am

How about

Hawaiian sunset
KU-U-I-PO
Doin the best i can
in my way
Moonlight swim
kiss me quick.

i know that these are not r song gen but it well do.

curtis simpkins

Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:47 am

Doin' the best i can
In my way
Moonlight swim
Without love
I can't stop loving you
Today Tomorrow and Forever.

How about these ones Curtis. lol

No offense meant, just a joke. :wink:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:59 am

umm..yeah Curtis thanks..I guess. :roll:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:08 am

carolynlm wrote::D :D Sam, you are going to get it now..........I am still trying to figure out Curtis' list. It must have something to do with the accent.

I appologise...It was the Tom coming out in me. LOL

:oops:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:35 am

Heh, i wanted to use "Rags To Riches" so badly i thought briefly about adding it as a bonus song though her name has no "R" anywhere near it.

"Release Me" is probably not the best possible choice, though - unless you want to send some sort of message...;)

Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:45 am

So Genesim, your sweetie's name is " Brandy Mywife " ? what an unusual name :shock: :lol:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:14 pm

Yes that is her last name. weird huh

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:19 pm

who
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:12 pm

what??

Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:06 pm

carolynlm wrote:Just try finding one that starts with 'A', Always On My Mind doesn't seem
appropriate......

"Ask Me" is a nice song.

I'm looking for a song beginning with "V" and I can only think of "Violet" (not a great song, I'm sure you'll agree!).

Or "Viva Las Vegas" - that isn't exactly what I was looking for. Not really a love song, is it? Unless you are a gambler, of course! :wink:

Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:57 am

How bout Viva Y El Dinero....? :)

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:51 pm

Thank you VOC. I quite like that song. I used to dance to it at the Elvis disco's. But it's not really a love song, and the bit about "I like the girls even more" may get me a slap across the face! :shock: