All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Are You Lonesome Tonight? - August 12 1970 Midnight Show

Now your turn Steve :wink:

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:19 am

Thanks Keith, that was Fantastic.

What I would have given to have seen Elvis crack up on the 69 version, who knows maybe in years to come it will surface, I wont hold my breath though :D

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:00 am

Denman wrote:
elvislennon wrote:If you buy Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert, Are You Lonesome Tonight from TTWII outtakes is on the show. They used it during that show. It is also available on either Volume 9 or 10 of the TTWII outtakes.
Do they have a talk-interruption in every song? Cause that would make me not buying it..

Only a few songs has talking interruptions. The following has talking interruptions:

Johnny B Goode
Are You Lonesome Tonight (sad but true)

They are the only songs which are interrupted. Other interruptions happens sometimes bettwen songs like See See Rider and Burning Love, American Trilogy and Can't Falling In Love plus a few others. But it is still enjoyable to watch. The only thing I found a problem with is this. During Johnny B Goode interruption, at the beginning of the interruption it starts talking during drum solo but when the talking stops it starts a few seconds before the drum solo. But with Are You Lonesome Tonight it doesn't do that. You miss about two or three verses of the song.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:46 pm

elvislennon wrote:
Denman wrote:
elvislennon wrote:If you buy Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert, Are You Lonesome Tonight from TTWII outtakes is on the show. They used it during that show. It is also available on either Volume 9 or 10 of the TTWII outtakes.
Do they have a talk-interruption in every song? Cause that would make me not buying it..

Only a few songs has talking interruptions. The following has talking interruptions:

Johnny B Goode
Are You Lonesome Tonight (sad but true)

They are the only songs which are interrupted. Other interruptions happens sometimes bettwen songs like See See Rider and Burning Love, American Trilogy and Can't Falling In Love plus a few others. But it is still enjoyable to watch. The only thing I found a problem with is this. During Johnny B Goode interruption, at the beginning of the interruption it starts talking during drum solo but when the talking stops it starts a few seconds before the drum solo. But with Are You Lonesome Tonight it doesn't do that. You miss about two or three verses of the song.
Thanks for your time and your answer!

Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:31 pm

Keith F wrote:Are You Lonesome Tonight? - August 12 1970 Midnight Show

Now your turn Steve :wink:

Well I can't really follow that very well.
That's a bit like standing in the wings ready to go on stage after Elvis. :lol:

So, to be different I put mine into mpeg format (bit big though @ 75mb), but I'm hoping the format highlights the quality and the enhancements, although I didn't have the SE DVD limited release version to use and so all of it comes from the outtakes.
The clip has at least two angles at anyone time and the latter half of the clip has three.

August 12th 1970, Midnight Show, Are You Lonesome Tonight?

I suggest a right click on the link and a "Save Target As..." option.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:40 pm

Both clips are fantastic, thanks Guys and a Merry Christmas to ya both :D

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:32 pm

Very nice to see those three different angles of AYLT.

The one on the top being the version used in the original screening of TTWII SE.

Very nice,and thank you,Sir Steve.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:04 pm

I dont think AYLT was ever available on dvd edition of TTWII_se but rather on a screener vhs tape prior to turner/vhs/dvd release.
I also have the TTWII_SE edition with the bonus footage text inside cover but no AYLT on the end credits.
:?: :roll: :?:

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:43 am

There is a screener VHS and DVD out there that contains Are You Lonesome Tonight. I have seen it on Ebay a couple of times. I seen it for sale also at a flea market. The one I saw at the flea market wasn't a copy either. The cover looked a bit different too. But I won't pay 40 dollars at a flea market.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:59 am

elvislennon wrote:There is a screener VHS and DVD out there that contains Are You Lonesome Tonight. I have seen it on Ebay a couple of times. I seen it for sale also at a flea market. The one I saw at the flea market wasn't a copy either. The cover looked a bit different too. But I won't pay 40 dollars at a flea market.

You don't have to pay anything "elvislennon" - That's why me and Steve do what we do! so fans don't have to pay for this stuff!

And for the record Steve - my clip also came from the "Outtakes" (but edited differently by me), and not the original Video / DVD of SE.
Last edited by Keith F on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:36 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Sorry Steve, I didn't mean to offend you. You did a fantastic job with what you had to work with, and the difference is quite clear.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:11 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon May 28, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:42 am

Have a guess who's Heart skipped a beat when I saw the title???

It's still very well done though :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXuvPGW ... tonight%22

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:57 pm

A Great clip from August 12th 1970 ( Midnight show ). :wink: