All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:39 pm

Go play disc 2 of "Loving You" FTD again, THair.

was double

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:50 pm

... please explain?! what has anything from the great Loving You

sessions to do with the mid 60s soundtrack horrors, mr. Jerry?

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 pm

C'mon lads, you'll be hitting each other with your handbags shortly :lol:!

Presley looks like he goes down quicker then a two dollar hooker!

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:11 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I went to all the movies during the "bad movie years" as THair calls them.
I enjoyed them all (except "Harum"). Most of my classmates were there as well. If they enjoyed them, fine. If not, fock 'em.

I'm still wondering how these films also in late 60's could be in list of 50 most grossing films in USA of the year. Elvis was at the bottom but still his films made big money :shock:

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:05 pm

What kind of KINDERGARTEN is this? :roll:

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:18 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote: elvis humping nipper
Leave my Nipper out of this please!! Down boy!!!!!

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:20 pm

dl wrote:What kind of KINDERGARTEN is this? :roll:

It's about respect, his comments were in extremely bad taste.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:09 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:it must be hard to be a fan when you can't stand 2/3 of his career.

Ouch!

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:33 am

Rob wrote:
Elvis' Babe wrote:it must be hard to be a fan when you can't stand 2/3 of his career.

Ouch!
Yeah that was a good one too!

Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:44 pm

It is quite possible that Elvis' films, especially those from 1964-67, helped to solidify a fan base for him. I am referring to kids who seem to like the films. I know when I was a kid in the 70's, they were often on television and my friends and I would watch them and liked them. I don't know if today's kids would like them as that style of film making is very different from the quick edits, violence, and sexualism of today's films. Even characters in kids films/TV showstoday burp and far* which would never have happened in an Elvis movie (nor any movie from that period).

However, I do think that those films (and the Camden LP's) helped earn Elvis a fan base who matured and have other periods of Elvis' career to enjoy (50's Elvis for the tween/young adolescent years, late 60's for early adulthood years, 70's Elvis for adult years--I didn't listen to Elvis much during my teen years as I was into other things.)

Just a theory.