All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:03 am

Joe Car wrote:This thread getting 76 replies.

Oh, come on, Joe, you've had worse moments than that !

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
HOUND DOG bores the sh*t out of me! Same damn line over and over again - and the cheesy Jordanaires at their worst. At least Confidence has a nice tune, and a cool story to tell!

Please tell me you're joking!??? :shock:

Preferring Confidence over ANY other Elvis recording is close to a major crime, if you ask me!

And what's wrong with The Jordanaires?
Not to mention Scotty, Bill and DJ (which you slam in another reply)?

Oh, Merry Xmas, by the way...

Br
Kristian

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:56 am

HOUND DOG bores the sh*t out of me! Same damn line over and over again - and the cheesy Jordanaires at their worst. At least Confidence has a nice tune, and a cool story to tell!

When everyone thought the world was flat
Columbus said: "It's round"
He went down in history
And America was found

'Cause
He had confidence
A little thing called confidence
There's no job too immense when you've got
Confidence

With a "C" and an "O" and an "N" and an "F"
And an "I" and a "D" and an "ENCE"
Put 'em all together and what have you got

Con-fi-dence

You'll be surprised what you can do
If you will only try

Remember the tortoise and the hare
Who had that famous race
The speedy hare wound up nowhere
And slow poke took first place

'Cause
He had confidence
Confidence

If you will only try

How do you know that you can't ride a rainbow in the sky

If you will only try

All you need is confidence
Confidence

With a "C" and an "O" and an "N" and an "F"
And an "I" and a "D" and an "ENCE"
Put 'em all together and what have you got

Con-fi-dence

That tells a cool story? What's your age? A few years ago there was a rap song that fits in this situation: "insane in the membrane"...

Get well soon!

Joern

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:09 pm

My worst moment?

In the 80s, I had just become an serious Elvis fan and went to theatre to see On Tour for the first time. Had my friend with me, who was not too sure about Elvis. Goldman's ideas were still afloat and I expected to see "the real thing". This should become my first "live experiance" with Elvis.

And then - not only that Elvis looked horrible for a young eye (bloated, pale), didn't move too much on stage, then came my most horrible moment: he had to read the lyrics to Burning Love.

In 72, when he should have been at his peak, he had to read the lyrics of his latest rocker! My god, I shrunk into my seat.

As much as I want a special edition of On Tour, I must admit, I never got over that shock and still have very mixed emotions with that topic.

Peter

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:52 pm

The facial close-ups of the CBS 77 Elvis shown in This Is Elvis.

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:29 am

Peter66 wrote:My worst moment?

In the 80s, I had just become an serious Elvis fan and went to theatre to see On Tour for the first time...........
And then - not only that Elvis looked horrible for a young eye (bloated, pale), didn't move too much on stage, then came my most horrible moment: he had to read the lyrics to Burning Love.

In 72, when he should have been at his peak, he had to read the lyrics of his latest rocker! My god, I shrunk into my seat.

As much as I want a special edition of On Tour, I must admit, I never got over that shock and still have very mixed emotions with that topic.

Yes, I went to the UK premiere at Leicester Square.

I was concerned wth Elvis' appearance, too !

I blamed the lighting, the film stock, the exposure settings, the projector, the fact that he needed a shave.....

It took years for me to accept the fact that he simply didn't look as good as he previously did !

We've gotten used to the film now, but, as you say, that initial shock will never go away completely.

Worst Elvis Moment

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:07 pm

Hearing through the grapevine that NEW material on Import albums would likely not be so plentiful due to the increasing amount of people who unashameably copy them ad-infinitum therebye reducing an already limited potential market.