All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 am

JEFF d wrote:Wouldn't it be kinda funny if after they uncovered Elvis' paternity suit... it had rinestones on it!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Then they could put it on display at Graceland :lol: ....

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:30 pm

I personally would not buy this product. Elvis has had enough bad press throughout his career from the likes of Goldman etc. without the fans resorting to similar tactics.

Brian :roll:

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:44 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:I personally would not buy this product. Elvis has had enough bad press throughout his career from the likes of Goldman etc. without the fans resorting to similar tactics.

Brian :roll:

Hear, hear.

Do we have to descend to tabloid mud raking.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:22 pm

This new 96 page hardcover book and DVD, Elvis Presley Paternity Suit Uncovered! from Bud Glass Productions is out now. Back in 1970 after meeting and posing for a photograph with a young waitress named Patricia Parker in January, a paternity suit was filed in August 1970 against Elvis. While I knew about the paternity suit, I thought it was all over by 1971. It actually dragged on until August 1976, and the book gives you the details of the entire suit.

Pages 59 to 65 have 32 rare black and white photographs taken October 21, 1971 as Ms. Parker, the baby and Elvis went to The Brentwood Laboratories in LA for blood tests. A photographer was hidden across the street and took these photos, a few of which have been seen over the years, but here you get to see them all from the collection of Russ Howe, who manages once again to provide Bud Glass Productions with great photos!

We all know about what Elvis did on stage from 1969 to 1977, but here we are presented with the private side of Elvis, dealing with something that I'm sure caused him much stress and discomfort while still performing across the country entertaining his fans.

The book also comes with a 95 minute DVD that walks you through the entire paternity suit detailed in the book. In fact, you can play the DVD and follow along with the book from start to finish. The DVD also contains some candid and concert footage of Elvis.

This is a first rate production dealing with a side of Elvis not all fans are aware of, and if you truly want to know the man b-e-h-i-n-d t-h-e i-m-a-g-e, I recommend you get a copy of this book and DVD.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:32 pm

paulsweeney,thank you for posting this, nice to see that somebody has actually seen the book+dvd. I`s out in Denmark, but I haven`t bought it yet, a little too expencive I think. I`ll sure buy it someday.....

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 am

I have the paternity suit and I must say that is a Good Job.
I'm also a great Elvis fan and Elvis is not critisezed on the DVD.
It is a must for every elvisfan to have these DVD + Book.
There is a very good story of Elvis presley, a very great documentaire.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:02 am

paulsweeney wrote:This new 96 page hardcover book and DVD, Elvis Presley Paternity Suit Uncovered! from Bud Glass Productions is out now. Back in 1970 after meeting and posing for a photograph with a young waitress named Patricia Parker in January, a paternity suit was filed in August 1970 against Elvis. While I knew about the paternity suit, I thought it was all over by 1971. It actually dragged on until August 1976, and the book gives you the details of the entire suit.

Pages 59 to 65 have 32 rare black and white photographs taken October 21, 1971 as Ms. Parker, the baby and Elvis went to The Brentwood Laboratories in LA for blood tests. A photographer was hidden across the street and took these photos, a few of which have been seen over the years, but here you get to see them all from the collection of Russ Howe, who manages once again to provide Bud Glass Productions with great photos!

We all know about what Elvis did on stage from 1969 to 1977, but here we are presented with the private side of Elvis, dealing with something that I'm sure caused him much stress and discomfort while still performing across the country entertaining his fans.

The book also comes with a 95 minute DVD that walks you through the entire paternity suit detailed in the book. In fact, you can play the DVD and follow along with the book from start to finish. The DVD also contains some candid and concert footage of Elvis.

This is a first rate production dealing with a side of Elvis not all fans are aware of, and if you truly want to know the man b-e-h-i-n-d t-h-e i-m-a-g-e, I recommend you get a copy of this book and DVD.

Or in other words: nonsense book with nonsense DVD, nonsense theme, cooking of the pure, ah, MUDDY water. I was not impressed by B-T-I and even less by B-T-I 2 - or it was some A-d-r-e-n-a-l-i-n-e ??? I have problem to remember exact title if I am not impressed - where is about 10 minutes of footage (5 mins out of it maybe unseen) and he rest is pure crap - just computer animations with computer music (I assume some computer weirdo gaudy m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n), "facts" that every fan know for many years and other s-h-i-t that nobody need.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 am

EarlyMorningRain wrote:I have the paternity suit and I must say that is a Good Job.
I'm also a great Elvis fan and Elvis is not critisezed on the DVD.
It is a must for every elvisfan to have these DVD + Book.
There is a very good story of Elvis presley, a very great documentaire.

If it is must, then why PP will not sell millions of these packages??? Everytime when anyone is shouting "THIS IS A MUST HAVE", I have serious feeling that "THIS IS THING TO AVOID".

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 am

deadringer wrote:Or in other words: nonsense book with nonsense DVD, nonsense theme, cooking of the pure, ah, MUDDY water. I was not impressed by B-T-I and even less by B-T-I 2 - or it was some A-d-r-e-n-a-l-i-n-e ??? I have problem to remember exact title if I am not impressed - where is about 10 minutes of footage (5 mins out of it maybe unseen) and he rest is pure crap - just computer animations with computer music (I assume some computer weirdo gaudy m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n), "facts" that every fan know for many years and other s-h-i-t that nobody need.

Well said and well thought out. With such pearls of wisdom, I think the rest of us should hang up our hats and leave the reviews/comments to you... 8)

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:13 am

I very much enjoy B-T-I volumes one and two as well as the Adrenaline DVD's. I may end up passing on this one though. So far, it just hasn't peaked my interest.

I am open to more covincing though.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:04 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
deadringer wrote:Or in other words: nonsense book with nonsense DVD, nonsense theme, cooking of the pure, ah, MUDDY water. I was not impressed by B-T-I and even less by B-T-I 2 - or it was some A-d-r-e-n-a-l-i-n-e ??? I have problem to remember exact title if I am not impressed - where is about 10 minutes of footage (5 mins out of it maybe unseen) and he rest is pure crap - just computer animations with computer music (I assume some computer weirdo gaudy m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n), "facts" that every fan know for many years and other s-h-i-t that nobody need.

Well said and well thought out. With such pearls of wisdom, I think the rest of us should hang up our hats and leave the reviews/comments to you... 8)

Well Paul, this is not about my 'pearls of wisdom' but about the fact that this stuff is pure crap in my opinion. One question if I can... ? Did you really really liked the computer animation crap and other padding used for Adrenaline 71? And did you realized how little of Elvis footage was used and how much of crap? If you will put all the footage together, you will get 15-20 minutes and it can hardly justify any DVD release. Ah I forgot the bonus, Paris "interview" with A-n-d-y-l-o-n L-e-n-s-e-n (just in the case that this name is prohibited here) smoking on the background. This is all, folks. I feel sorry for people who like tis kind of stuff.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 pm

I wasn't referring to Adrenaline 71 - and yes there are things in that DVD that were not my cop of tea. 8)