All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis paternity suit uncovered

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:01 pm

http://www.elvis-express.com/news151206a.html

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:00 am

$46 US with shipping and handling...........unless you live in Fla. like me, then you can add on another 7%.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:16 am

Scatter wrote:$46 US with shipping and handling...........unless you live in Fla. like me, then you can add on another 7%.

That's not too excessive for a book, DVD and shipping is it?

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:41 am

Stan from Tintane wrote:
and looking at who is producing this dvd dont expect it to be cheap - unless another version appears somewhere later so he can cry about it

And that´s how we should all feel abot it. Don´t buy the original product. Wait until you can get it cheaper from some other guy who makes a fortune out of it just by copying this product.

I´m sorry but this kind of attitude makes me sick. Why shoud anyone buy a new book, or cd, or dvd, when you can get it so much cheaper from a guy who just copies it.

Ok, from now on let´s decide that just one person buys a photo book. And then he/she scans the photos and posts them on the internet. No need for any other person to buy that book. So, the unfortunate person who spent thousands and thousands of dollars to buy the photographs, and who spent so much time and effort to get this book published, will now see that only one copy of his/her book is bought.

Why shoud anyone else buy this book, when all the photos are now widely available on the net?

How many other books do you think this person will publish in the future?

Ok, who cares. Let´s just all buy illegal copies. They are so much cheaper.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:05 am

Elvis had a paternity suit? :shock:

Did it come with a belt? Any pictures?

Where's Leroy when you need him?

:D

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:05 am

i'd like to find the john o grady book elvis meantions sept 2 1974 says a chapter talks about this.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:15 am

TJ wrote:
Scatter wrote:$46 US with shipping and handling...........unless you live in Fla. like me, then you can add on another 7%.

That's not too excessive for a book, DVD and shipping is it?

Yea, but it's got pictures and everythang! :smt112

JEFF d
EAP fan

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:19 am

ritchie valens wrote:i'd like to find the john o grady book elvis meantions sept 2 1974 says a chapter talks about this.

You can get it here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0874770289/ref=dp_olp_2/105-2651898-4497239

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:38 am

I don't know about you guys, but I would love to know why this court reporter got an audience with the man, himself!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... urt74.html

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:51 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:i'd like to find the john o grady book elvis meantions sept 2 1974 says a chapter talks about this.

You can get it here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0874770289/ref=dp_olp_2/105-2651898-4497239

Well, you can't complain about the price there :lol: $0.01 :shock:

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:02 pm

this IS a product that no true Elvis fan will buy. This is the type of stuff I HATE.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:49 pm

I have not seen this release, so I cannot judge it. But to me it seems to be some kind of made up sensation (just read the news on the page of Praytome Publishing). Maybe they just should have made "Adrenaline '72"....

8)

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:15 am

Thomas wrote:this IS a product that no true Elvis fan will buy. This is the type of stuff I HATE.

Bud Glass wrote the following;

Why produce an Elvis documentary on such a controversial topic?

By now, most people know where my heart is, and that I, myself, am just a fan attempting to release the best productions possible. The goal is to be entertaining, yet accurate, factual and always positive.

The Paternity Suit production is admittedly totally different from any other project I have ever created. But you may ask “If you are such a fan, why would you create a documentary on such a controversial topic?” The fact that I am such a fan is all the more reason to dispel the myths and reveal for the first time ever, the intricate details of this little known, very long chapter in Elvis’ life and career.

Serious fans only know of a mere mention of the lawsuit by Elvis on stage on one occasion. Most moderate fans have never heard anything of the case. The complete story, with all of the in-depth details, hidden camera photos, legal documents, court rulings, medical records, official F.B.I. files, polygraph and blood tests, media reports, first hand accounts from eye-witnesses, as well as numerous recorded statements from Elvis himself have never been revealed until now.

As a fan, you may know of his career, but do you know all the trials and tribulations he endured for several years during the course of that career? What he was dealing with privately as his career simultaneously took shape?

It is important to remember that not everything that happens in someone's life is necessarily a happy occasion, but if you will truly study the life and career of Elvis, you will see the only way to get a clear picture of the overall legend is to look at each piece of the puzzle as it is revealed. Some pieces are happy, some are filled with drama and stress. But they are all a part of who he was, and only by objectively examining ALL the pieces of his life, you we start to get the real picture of how great a person he was and his legend continues to grow. Those who blindly choose only to look at the pieces of his life that they think are gushing with happiness, will sadly never see the true individual, and consequently do Elvis and his memory a grave misjustice.

Although Elvis was not perfect, this documentary is not intended to harm his reputation, but to reveal his character in a manner that will cause you to respect him even more.

If SUPERMAN were to take a solid steel bar and bend it into a pretzel, you would not be surprised. But if a mortal human were to bend the steel bar into a pretzel, you would definitely be impressed. Once fans look past “Elvis the legend”, and realize he was a human being like the rest of us, then the more you examine his life, the more impressed you will be at his great accomplishments, his integrity and his true character.

The intent of this documentary is not to make Elvis look bad, but to examine the true and documented facts in this long court battle, and to reveal Elvis the man behind the image, taking special care to look beneath the “S” on his chest, and to reveal his true HUMAN identity.

After seeing this documentary, you will walk away with an even greater respect for the MAN.

As the case continued on over the years, so did Elvis’ career and personal life with many triumphs as well as heartaches. As the story of the lingering legal battle unfolds, I feel it is also equally important to present the remarkable accomplishments and factual events in Elvis’ life and career as they simultaneously unfold. This gives you the unique inside perspective into the emotional elements Elvis must have been dealing with privately during that period, as he recorded in the studio or performed to millions of people as he toured the country in the 1970’s.

It is for this reason that I feel this story is a relevant portion of Elvis Presley history that is worthy of further investigation and documentation.

The finished work, by design will consciously bounce you back and fourth between Elvis Presley the defendant, the superstar and ultimately the man.

Respectfully,

Bud Glass

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:26 am

get o grady book over this crap.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:05 am

was able to see the docu. and i can tell you it its very well researched!

You can see footage of elvis suit in Las Vegas and some other great stuff.

I`m going to buy it

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:15 pm

Well, Idon`t know if it`s worth buying this, but it`s a topic that I haven`t read about elsewhere, I do know about the O grady book,( but that`s only one chapter as far as I know) and that it is shotely mentioned in different books. There is so many books out there about almost everything Elvis, so why not this one too, I think it must simply be a matter of interest.
What Bud Glass wrote, as paulsweeney posted, does make sence to me, if you`d like to know more about things that made the human being Elvis, I think this book could be interesting.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:40 am

What the heck.........I'm going to have to buy another Elvis book eventually anyway :lol:

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:50 am

This is from producer of Elvis - Behind The Image so I guess it can not be so bad for Elvis.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:58 am

Changeofhabit wrote : This is from producer of Elvis - (deleted - see guidelines #9),
I know that I`m a little behind and I don`t know what this exately means, but I`d really like to know :?

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:08 am

I wrote: "This is from producer of Elvis - B_E_H_I_N_D __ T_H_E __ I_M_A_G_E" but somehow it cencored it :? Of course I didn't write it like that , now it's like that because I want it to show.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:39 am

paulsweeney wrote:Although Elvis was not perfect, this documentary is not intended to harm his reputation, but to reveal his character in a manner that will cause you to respect him even more.

Yeah sure. And the Wests only took Elvis apart in their book because they loved him so much.
This makes me sick. At least this joker could have come up with a different sh*t.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 pm

okay, I don`t have some of theese products and I don`t know much about them, so I wasn`t aware that it was NOT allowed to mention. Sorry :oops:

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:20 pm

Okay, maybe someone are able to tell us about it.

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:22 pm

is this the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NSt6qoYhLQ

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Yes Susan that is the trailer for it. If this is done in the same way as the other's made by them I can't wait to get my hands on it. From what I understand it tell's us how someone tried to fleece or con money from Elvis and shows them up to be the scum they are basically