All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:27 pm

Listen to the BASS figures a 5:57 8) 8) 8) ....I like drums and bass and lead vocals in the middle cause thats where they are in real settings...btw its easier :lol: ....

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:35 pm

JLGB wrote:Listen to the BASS figures a 5:57 8) 8) 8) ....I like drums and bass and lead vocals in the middle cause thats where they are in real settings...btw its easier :lol: ....

I agree, when the drums have been recorded in stereo.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks everyone! I am retired from my short run as ad hoc sound restorer!! :lol: :lol: :lol: hope you enjoyed it and relief from a few that let imaginations wander too much LOL!! So for YOU get out of my thread!! :lol: :lol: :lol: this is for people that showed support via public, private and even both!!THANK YOU!!!! If we learned anything it is that Elvis' music sounds great if treated well...LET ME AT THE VAULT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY KIDDING NOW PLEASE YOU KNOW WHO!!! :wink: .....I know my recordings and frequencies and have a sort of watermark ...so I will know(even if re equed) if it is put out for personal profit!! Hope this stays as just that!! A thought...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:28 am

JLGB wrote:Thanks everyone! I am retired from my short run as ad hoc sound restorer!! :lol: :lol: :lol: hope you enjoyed it and relief from a few that let imaginations wander too much LOL!! So for YOU get out of my thread!! :lol: :lol: :lol: this is for people that showed support via public, private and even both!!THANK YOU!!!! If we learned anything it is that Elvis' music sounds great if treated well...LET ME AT THE VAULT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY KIDDING NOW PLEASE YOU KNOW WHO!!! :wink: .....I know my recordings and frequencies and have a sort of watermark ...so I will know(even if re equed) if it is put out for personal profit!! Hope this stays as just that!! A thought...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

You had to finish with silly posturing and self-aggrandising behaviour, didn't you? :wink:

It's been fun, JLGB.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:35 am

Cryogenic wrote:
JLGB wrote:Thanks everyone! I am retired from my short run as ad hoc sound restorer!! :lol: :lol: :lol: hope you enjoyed it and relief from a few that let imaginations wander too much LOL!! So for YOU get out of my thread!! :lol: :lol: :lol: this is for people that showed support via public, private and even both!!THANK YOU!!!! If we learned anything it is that Elvis' music sounds great if treated well...LET ME AT THE VAULT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY KIDDING NOW PLEASE YOU KNOW WHO!!! :wink: .....I know my recordings and frequencies and have a sort of watermark ...so I will know(even if re equed) if it is put out for personal profit!! Hope this stays as just that!! A thought...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

You had to finish with silly posturing and self-aggrandising behaviour, didn't you? :wink: And you could not just kept that really wrong opinion of me to yourself and let me end the thread, restoring thing etc...without a last word? You will have it if you want because I am done.

It's been fun, JLGB.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:43 am

Out of all the tracks you've worked on what would you feel has had the most success?

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:44 am

Matthew wrote:Out of all the tracks you've worked on what would you feel has had the most success?
Long Black Limousine is perfect.. Thanks Chips and Felton (post production to a certain extent ). Low end extension frames the song's somber mood . The instruments (all of them) sounding their best the girls clear as bells..Elvis brought me to tears....... No signs of tweaking or technical work. Thats what the job of a sound restorer Imo should do. So IF I WERE ONE....I would put my name on this "work" with pride.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:49 am

JLGB wrote:
Matthew wrote:Out of all the tracks you've worked on what would you feel has had the most success?
Long Black Limousine is perfect.. Thanks Chips and Felton (post production to a certain extent ). Low end extension frames the song's somber mood . The instruments (all of them) sounding their best the girls clear as bells..Elvis brought me to tears....... No signs of tweaking or technical work. Thats what the job of a sound restorer Imo should do. So IF I WERE ONE....I would put my name on this "work" with pride.

I will credit you where it is due. As I would anyone.

This was a great mixing, JLGB.

My comment about the song in that thread was not meant to be a put-down of your efforts. I find the song somewhat limited in scope and power due to the melody ... but your enhancing worked very well.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:38 am

Cryogenic wrote:
JLGB wrote:

My comment about the song in that thread was not meant to be a put-down of your efforts. I find the song somewhat limited in scope and power due to the melody ... but your enhancing worked very well.
Thank you. But please any term that is not enhancing...cause I see enhancing as something made too look or sound as if better.. but this is not the case IMO.I might as well tale the opportunitty to say soorry for offensive words. So there! No hugs please.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:48 pm

JLGB,

I hate to ask, but is it possible to re-post this track? i'd love to hear it.

I was out of town away from a computer on Monday and Tuesday when you originally posted it and I missed it.

Thanks very much,

RKS

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:38 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:JLGB,

I hate to ask, but is it possible to re-post this track? i'd love to hear it.

I was out of town away from a computer on Monday and Tuesday when you originally posted it and I missed it.

Thanks very much,

RKS
No more posting on board for :?: ...I will PM you. :)

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:22 pm

Nice one, this has gone straight onto my Ipod!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:52 pm

JLGB wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
JLGB wrote:

Thank you. But please any term that is not enhancing...cause I see enhancing as something made too look or sound as if better.. but this is not the case IMO.I might as well tale the opportunitty to say soorry for offensive words. So there! No hugs please.

Right. That's cool. :D

But what term is suitable? Remix?

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:41 am

Cryogenic wrote:
JLGB wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
JLGB wrote:

Right. That's cool. :D

But what term is suitable? Remix?
Anything you want . This has never been done (maybe SH forum?) ..but like here on this MB? No. Anyway I did it with a serious mindset that the source CD I used was the only one on Earth so it was easy to think as master tape or master source.....I hope everyone gives a second thought to high resolution audio for Elvis using the MASTER OR BEST SOURCE AVAILABLE... tapes!