All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

FTD Unchained Melody - Track Listing Posted on EPE website

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:45 am

Hello,

I thought I'd let people know that the tracklisting for Unchained Melody, the January FTD has been posted on the EPE website

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1145

Daryl

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:59 am

Thank you! I'm off to study it now.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:59 am

Cool...thanks for the info 8)

This should be a great CD.

Very glad to see "Moody Blue" and "Where No One Stands Alone" included - thanks Ernst :-)

Rich

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:34 am

This is good news. I was thinking about this release yesterday, and was hoping they'd include Where No One Stands Alone and the other songs featured on the Feb . '77 imports, as I don't have those imports.
Thank you Ernst and Roger.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:44 am

Wow, a previously unreleased soundboard on what might've been the best show of the tour. I've read the review, seen the wonderful pictures, and finally we get to hear it in soundboard recording. Cool 8)

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:55 am

:lol: This is totally 100% brilliant news!, just because he only false started moody blue at this show doesn't mean it was a poor show, FAR FROM it!! my audience recording of this show is pretty crap! so a SOUNDBOARD is simply brilliant! + all the best highlight bonus songs!!Furthermore 'TRYING TO GET TO YOU' was only performed on either 17th or 18th Feb....so a new and completely unheard of soundboard MUST be the source for that track, possibly release me(hopefully) could be from 18th also? either way most likely moody blue, why me lord and release me are from Charlotte 21st Feb, but however you look at this selection(brilliant it is) it thoroughly DOES represent Elvis's first tour of 1977 and a damm good compilation if i say so , !Ernst you just gave me my Christmas present-this is the BEST news of a soundboard show from this tour-FANTASTIC News-thank-you!! :lol:

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:26 am

Do you suppose FTD listens to MBs like these? Maybe? Just a little?

Methinks it's high time the naysayers grab their hats and locate their salt shakers.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:09 am

i fully agree Ernst has for 100% put together the 'best of' that Feb 77' tour AND achieved minimal duplication with bootleg releases AND a few surprises on soundboard to boot AGAIN Wel Done Ernst!!! :lol:

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:15 am

You'll never find a post that has me bad-mouthing the FTD label or any releases from it. I sure ain't startin' with this one.

Bring it on.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:21 am

WOW!! This was certainly a surprise when i logged on tonight!! This looks like it will be a great CD indeed!!!! BRING IT ON!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:56 am

This is good news :lol:!

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:32 am

I won't be ungracious enough to mention any names, but this appears to confirm something we all should know and remember: No one -- no matter his or her background, expertise or certainty -- knows everything.

Someone assured us with authority on several occasions that we wouldn't be getting a new show on this soundboard release.

Lucky us, it appears we are.

I'm not knocking anyone -- God knows I've made more than my share of mistakes -- but doesn't it make it more fun to know there are still surprises ahead for ALL of us?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:Someone assured us with authority on several occasions that we wouldn't be getting a new show on this soundboard release.

I thought the exact same thing when I first read about this. Where is our old buddy? I'm sure there will be a logical explanation.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:24 pm

Biased or not FEB 12 is the best of that tour..The pacing,energy and Elvis read----sounding good-----.Very weak after that in the voice...

whomever has it..

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:30 pm

If anyone reading this has FEB 12 soundboard name your price...I will purchase it and DONATE it to FTD providing I decide artwork used so no monster photos used! Thats all....

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Fabulous news! A totally new show plus those rare, ultra-special bonus performances, all in top-notch soundquality, is a like a dream come true for any dedicated Jumpsuit Junkie!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:04 pm

This is a must-buy title.
rick

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Do you suppose FTD listens to MBs like these? Maybe? Just a little?

Never in doubt.

This is fantastic news!! All the better for having been told we were gonna get a show we already had!!

Awesome, brilliant, can't wait :smt023 :smt038 :smt041 :smt050

ftd unchained

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:49 pm

... lucky devils!

I had the info straight from the horse's mouth. If he decided to

change concept, dont point at me, fellow junkies... :wink:

Im so happy for you all! Lets celebrate!

Re: ftd unchained

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:54 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... lucky devils!

Im so happy for you all! Lets celebrate!

Yes let's :P

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Another cabinetfiller... Probably I will buy it, play it once... and put it far, far away.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:01 pm

Lex wrote:Another cabinetfiller... Probably I will buy it, play it once... and put it far, far away.

Sour puss :wink:

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:06 pm

Another cabinetfiller

I hear things like that often on this board, but it's a funny thing: I have all the soundboards, including all the bootlegs in some form or another (still a few not on original silver discs, unfortunately), and I still make the rounds through all the discs pretty regularly.

I say it's a funny thing because I'm actually much more of a studio rather than concert junkie, but I still work my way through all the available shows.

I mean, it's not really hard work for me the way it seems to be for some others. I hear how such and such a concert is so excruciating, but I still enjoy them all.

... OK, well, maybe I'll skip a Softly As I Leave You recitation once in a while. :wink:

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:18 pm

The Feb. 1977 tour wasn't exactly the best one Elvis did and we already have one soundboard recording or another in the collection. So to me this is not such an sensational release. But neverthenless its another soundboard recording in a (to judge from the already released material) good quality. An interesting release, but no sensation at all.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:24 pm

dl wrote:The Feb. 1977 tour wasn't exactly the best one Elvis did and we already have one soundboard recording or another in the collection. So to me this is not such an sensational release. But neverthenless its another soundboard recording in a (to judge from the already released material) good quality. An interesting release, but no sensation at all.

The Feb 1977 tour is a very interesting tour and a cut above the other 1977 tours.

I am excited by the release, and relieved because it is new show not previously available in soundboard quality.