All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:18 pm

This is a great release from FTD. One of Elvis best albums is treated the best. The artwork looks good and the sound is very good, too. With this cd you just cannot go wrong.

:D

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Keith F wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Keith F wrote:On further investigation it turns out that the first False Start from 'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' on "Today Tomorrow & Forever" is actually from Take 1 (Not listed on "TT&F" but mentioned in the "In & Outakes" section of the "His Hand In Mine" booklet).

this means
take 1 (FS)
take 2 (FS)
take 3
all on TT and F

count-in take 4 (master take)
Uns.Masters Box

Did I get it right..??

Yes - But Take 1 is FS + Complete
FS is on "TT&F" (As you have listed) and the Complete take is on the new FTD

Thank you Keith F!! for the info. This is an oustanding release!!. Can´t wait for the next Classic Albums to be released next year: Jailhouse Rock 8) 8) 8), Pot Luck and How Great Thou Art. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

J ROCK

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:54 pm

"Jailhouse rock" would be an excellent idea. We could then have all those different takes, versions and binaural masters in one place and not scattered about everywhere. Plus unreleased alternates.

Re: J ROCK

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:19 pm

TONY wrote:"Jailhouse rock" would be an excellent idea. We could then have all those different takes, versions and binaural masters in one place and not scattered about everywhere. Plus unreleased alternates.

Yes indeed, this will be a great release 8) 8) 8), probably one of the best cd on FTD. It will be released next year to commemorate the 50 Anniversary of the release of Jailhouse. And will have a new Jailhouse book by mr. Ger Rijff too, but it is has not been revealed if it will be a FTD book project :idea:, maybe mr. Ger Rijff can tell us :?:. I can´t wait!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:37 pm

I filled an 80 mins CDR with all the official outtakes that we've had so far from these sessions! Sure would make a real nice "Classic" with the EP cover!

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:
It will be released next year to commemorate the 50 Anniversary of the release of Jailhouse.

Is this just wishful thinking, or has it actually been said from reliable sources in the BMG/ FTD department that it's going to happen?

Br
Kristian

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
It will be released next year to commemorate the 50 Anniversary of the release of Jailhouse.

Is this just wishful thinking, or has it actually been said from reliable sources in the BMG/ FTD department that it's going to happen?

Br
Kristian

This is not official :!:, it has been slipped through on Elvis week last August. But you never know, there are many project in the can and they change the schedule every now and then :roll: :roll: :roll:. But what is for sure is that next year we will have great releases 8) 8) 8). My personal wish is that this will not be postponed. Still waiting for some confirmation from mr. Ger Rijff about the book and possible joint venture with FTD project. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:39 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Still waiting for some confirmation from mr. Ger Rijff about the book and possible joint venture with FTD project.

Mr. Ger will do this book together with Elvis Unlimited if I'm not mistaken. At least that's what he said on this board a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to this book! Hopefully it will include lots of publicity shots, Elvis looked so damn cool in those.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:24 pm

Keith F wrote:This is a fantastic release for sure, but for completists - here's what's missing from the session:-

'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 2 (This release only features the second Fasle Start, where "Today Tomorrow & Forever" has both False Starts and extra dialogue)
'I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs' - Take 3 ("Easter Special" has extra dialogue that is not on this release)

As already noted, this information is erroneous.

The FTD Deluxe series strives to include everything officially released at the time, all the alternates officially released afterwards, and pertinent extras as determined by the producers. They are not session discs, and shouldn't be regarded as such.

That said, the sound restoration may well be the finest ever from the classic Bill Porter-era of Nashville studio work. A lot of effort was made to really deliver the goods here.

And the performances themselves? Timeless.

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:18 am

As I've stated in the past, His Hand In Mine is possibly Elvis' most underrated collection of studio recordings from a period when he was truly in his prime. Gospel or not, these are classic, beautiful vocal performances

his hand in mine

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:13 am

... My Jailhouse Rock book project is tucked away in the fridge...

And I honestly dont know if it will ever see a release, or that I

ever will do another Elvis book title...? I must admit being a little

tired doing books. Ofcourse, I could do it the Tunzi way: one

photo page after another, no page lay-out, and no text. Would

take me 3 days to do a 100 pages... but thats not my style.

I posted this to answer the question from Acapulco Mike.

Re: his hand in mine

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Hello!! :D :D :D.

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... My Jailhouse Rock book project is tucked away in the fridge...

And I honestly dont know if it will ever see a release, or that I

ever will do another Elvis book title...? I must admit being a little

tired doing books. Ofcourse, I could do it the Tunzi way: one

photo page after another, no page lay-out, and no text. Would

take me 3 days to do a 100 pages... but thats not my style.

I posted this to answer the question from Acapulco Mike.

First of all thank you very much mr. Ger Rijff for the answer. That´s really bad news what you are given us :cry: :cry: :cry:. I was also waiting for The Rock ´n´roll Years vol 2 book from you, I hope they both will eventually come out. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:58 pm

Gospel music is the purest thing there is on this earth.

his hand in mine

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:34 pm

... SEZ WHO?!

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Elvis?

Re: his hand in mine

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:SEZ WHO?!

JM, in the post right above yours.

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:02 pm

yes, I was quoting Elvis, sorry for not mentioning it.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith F wrote:This is a fantastic release for sure, but for completists - here's what's missing from the session:-

'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 2 (This release only features the second Fasle Start, where "Today Tomorrow & Forever" has both False Starts and extra dialogue)
'I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs' - Take 3 ("Easter Special" has extra dialogue that is not on this release)

As already noted, this information is erroneous.

The FTD Deluxe series strives to include everything officially released at the time, all the alternates officially released afterwards, and pertinent extras as determined by the producers. They are not session discs, and shouldn't be regarded as such.

. Best sounding stereo cd in a long whilThat said, the sound restoration may well be the finest ever from the classic Bill Porter-era of Nashville studio work. A lot of effort was made to really deliver the goods here.

And the performances themselves? Timeless.

As Doc pointed, these are not session cds, but definitive album releases. Soundwise, I'm too along with Doc, it's the best sounding early 60's release, it even surprasses is back and something for everybody. the credits on the audio section are incredible. If they could mantain this team for the rest of the album series, we are saved.

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:19 am

JM wrote:yes, I was quoting Elvis, sorry for not mentioning it.

Where? When? Never read that quote before. Please let us know.