All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

His Hand In Mine FTD release !

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:13 am

Almost nobody has made any comments on this superb release from FTD which may be because it just recently got released.

I have it and think its just fantastic. The sound is awesome ! Much better than ever before and the booklet is also very nice. :D
To have the master recordings in this sound appeals much more to me today than having outtakes (even though we also get lots of those).

What is your opinion on this release ?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:18 am

I would be interested to hear from those who can compare if this indeed betters sonically the 24 bit Japanese Paper Sleeve release of this album.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:31 am

This new FTD disc is being handled by the same fellow who did Elvis Is Back! - Deluxe Edition, so it should be the definitive copy as far as audio.

Re: His Hand In Mine FTD release !

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 am

Mike DK wrote:Almost nobody has made any comments on this superb release from FTD which may be because it just recently got released.

Correct! I'm not sure if my store has recieved their copies yet, but if they have I will get my copy tomorrow. And rest assured, if this FTD is anywhere near the quality of "Elvis Is Back!", I will praise it like crazy!

:smt020

Keith Richards, Jr.

his hand in mine

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 am

.... Keith, Ernst sends you his love :D

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 pm

I had it yesterday. And all i can say is that it IS just as great as EIB. Except 1 or 2 takes everything is there. I really love these Special Editions. This one is another topper. One minor is that they mix takes a few times as take 2 and 1 or takes 6,4,5. I know why they do that but i like it more in 1,2,3,4 etc for continuity.

Re: his hand in mine

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:.... Keith, Ernst sends you his love :D

As long as I'm around, FTD will never have to worry about poor sales. My advertising skills are second to none.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Mike DK wrote:Almost nobody has made any comments on this superb release from FTD which may be because it just recently got released.

Mine was shipped on Tuesday so I'm a few days away from hearing it. I'll be glad to leave my comments then.

Re: his hand in mine

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:46 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:.... Keith, Ernst sends you his love :D

As long as I'm around, FTD will never have to worry about poor sales. My advertising skills are second to none.

Keith Richards, Jr.

If that's the case, perhaps your long lost brother ( Michael Richards ) could use your help. :lol:

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:18 pm

Rob wrote:

Mine was shipped on Tuesday so I'm a few days away from hearing it. I'll be glad to leave my comments then.

So the point of your posting is??

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:53 pm

Pretty easy to understand actually. I'm in agreement with the author of this thread. The reason no one has said much about it is more than likey because it just got released in most areas. Therefore, I for one, cannot yet give a review. Anything else I can help you understand?

Now, please tell us the point of your 950 posts.
Last edited by Rob on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:03 am

philobeddo wrote:
Except 1 or 2 takes everything is there.

What are the 1 or 2 takes that are missing?

Thanks,
RKS
Last edited by RKSNASHVILLE on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 am

In my opinion this is one of the best "Classic Albums" release ever!
The artwork is stunning, the sound is fantastic and the whole package looks very stylish!

Interesting credits by the way:

Compilation produced and art directed by Ernst Mikael Jorgensen & Roger Semon
Compiled and mastered by Sebastian Jeansson
Audio restoration and mastering by Vic Anesini & Sebastian Jeansson
Digital transfers and re-mixes by Andreas Meyer, Sony Studios N.Y.
Original A&R/producer: Steve Sholes
Original engineer: Bill Porter.

And in the booklet is anothter interesting note:

Disc 1 tracks 16, 23 and disc 2 tracks 4, 5 and 24 are rejected LP masters derived from Bill Porter's original mixes. These masters were later re-mixed for the original album release.

In my opinion this is a very good job by the FTD label - better than the WRITING FOR THE KING release which was absolutely top-notch if there was not the VEGAS-CD which sounds so poor! Could be a "Diamond Anniversary Edition"-release if you listen to the tons of echo on it!

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:28 pm

After finally getting to hear this, I can tell you that it is indeed another great FTD release. The sound is superb and it makes for a relaxing and soothing Sunday morning listen. If I were not already heading to Sunday morning services today, I would be now.

Another job well done, Ernst and company.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm pleased to read the reacton to this wonderful album. I've yet to receive it. But, the only way I could think of would screw this outing up, would be if they ruined the sound. Pleased to read they didn't! The music within is classic Elvis at his very best!

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:32 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:philobeddo wrote:
Except 1 or 2 takes everything is there.

What are the 1 or 2 takes that are missing?

Thanks,
RKS

This is a fantastic release for sure, but for completists - here's what's missing from the session:-

'Milky White Way' - Take 5 (Extra dialogue can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Milky White Way' - Take 6 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Milky White Way' - Take 7 (Count-In & False Start before Master can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'His Hand In Mine' - Take 2 (Dialogue can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'I Believe In The Man In The Sky' - Take 4 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'He Knows Just What I Need' - Take 2 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'He Knows Just What I Need' - Take 5 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'He Knows Just What I Need' - Take 9 (Complete Take missing - can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'He Knows Just What I Need' - Take 10 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Surrender' - Take 3 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Surrender' - Take 4 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Mansion Over The Hilltop' - Take 3 (Count-In & False Start before Master can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters")
'In My Fathers House' - Take 8 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'In My Fathers House' - Work Part Take 1 (Complete Take missing - can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Joshua Fit The Battle' - Take 4 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 2 (This release only features the second Fasle Start, where "Today Tomorrow & Forever" has both False Starts and extra dialogue)
'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 4 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
'I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs' - Take 3 ("Easter Special" has extra dialogue that is not on this release)
'Working On The Building' - Take 1 (Count-In missing)
'Working On The Building' - Take 5 (Count-In can be found on "Unsurpassed Masters" box 1)
Last edited by Keith F on Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks, Keith. For people like me who stick to the official studio recording releases, these are especially helpful:

'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 2 (This release only features the second Fasle Start, where "Today Tomorrow & Forever" has both False Starts and extra dialogue)
'I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs' - Take 3 ("Easter Special" has extra dialogue that is not on this release)

Looks as if I'll be doing a little editing when my copy shows up.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks, Keith.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Outstanding info Keith! I think I'll see if my kids can get me this release for Christmas.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 pm

Keith F wrote:'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' - Take 2 (This release only features the second False Start, where "Today Tomorrow & Forever" has both False Starts and extra dialogue)

On further investigation it turns out that the first False Start from 'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' on "Today Tomorrow & Forever" is actually from Take 1 (Not listed on "TT&F" but mentioned in the "In & Outakes" section of the "His Hand In Mine" booklet).

The extra dialogue on "Easter Special" I mentioned on Take 3 of 'Golden Stairs' is actually from take 1 of 'Known Only To Him'. It's just the way the tracks are split on "Easter Special" :roll:

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:09 pm

Keith...the takes you mentioned-besides two or three- are also on the Surrender By Elvis import release..I guess you used the Uns.Masters Box cause of better sound quality...right..??

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:15 pm

Keith F wrote:On further investigation it turns out that the first False Start from 'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' on "Today Tomorrow & Forever" is actually from Take 1 (Not listed on "TT&F" but mentioned in the "In & Outakes" section of the "His Hand In Mine" booklet).

this means
take 1 (FS)
take 2 (FS)
take 3
all on TT and F

count-in take 4 (master take)
Uns.Masters Box

Did I get it right..??

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:27 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Keith F wrote:On further investigation it turns out that the first False Start from 'Swing Down Sweet Chariot' on "Today Tomorrow & Forever" is actually from Take 1 (Not listed on "TT&F" but mentioned in the "In & Outakes" section of the "His Hand In Mine" booklet).

this means
take 1 (FS)
take 2 (FS)
take 3
all on TT and F

count-in take 4 (master take)
Uns.Masters Box

Did I get it right..??

Yes - But Take 1 is FS + Complete
FS is on "TT&F" (As you have listed) and the Complete take is on the new FTD

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:26 pm

All right...Sir..!!

:lol:

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:59 am

Thanks Keith for the information. I hate when they leave stuff out.

I guess I could live without the count in's, but the leaving out the false starts and dialogue bugs me.

I am really looking forward to this though.

I have not received my copy yet.

RKS