All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Ok, I voted for all the movies(33), 68 special, This is Elvis, Aloha and In concert(77). I voted the way I feel about each of them, it`s a matter of taste.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Can I ask what was the lowest rate you gave and for what it was? :D
Of course you vote like you feel, but it would be interesting to know.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 pm

Ok, this is my votes

Love Me Tender (1956) 6
Jailhouse Rock (1957) 9
Loving You (1957) 8
King Creole (1958) 10
Flaming Star (1960) 5
G.I. Blues (1960) 9
Blue Hawaii (1961) 5
Wild in the Country (1961) 8
Follow That Dream (1962) 10
Girls! Girls! Girls! (1962) 5
Kid Galahad (1962) 9
Fun in Acapulco (1963) 4
It Happened at the World's Fair (1963) 6
Kissin' Cousins (1964) 3
Roustabout (1964) 5
Viva Las Vegas (1964) 5
Harum Scarum (1965) 5
Tickle Me (1965) 5
Frankie and Johnny (1966) 4
Paradise, Hawaiian Style (1966) 5
Spinout (1966) 4
Clambake (1967) 4
Double Trouble (1967) 4
Easy Come, Easy Go (1967) 5
Elvis Presley's '68 Comeback Special (1968) (TV) 10
Live a Little, Love a Little (1968) 7
Speedway (1968) 4
Stay Away, Joe (1968) 3
Change of Habit (1969) 8
Charro! (1969) 7
The Trouble with Girls (1969) 5
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (1970) 10
Elvis on Tour (1972) 10
Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii (1973) (TV) 10
Elvis in Concert (1977) (TV) 9
This Is Elvis (1981) 8

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm

My nordic friend, your votes are great. I mean, lot's of like my own :D
You have good taste in movies, but why Flaming Star only 5 of 10? :shock: To me it's one of the best westerns.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:54 pm

Well, maybe my vote for Flaming star is not quite right, but that´s what I voted about one week ago. You`r question just got me check all my votes and actually I think I got them about right for my taste.
Maybe I should watch flaming star again, I remember that first time I watched Kid Galahad, I didn`t think it was a great movie, but now.......just look at my vote for that one. :wink:

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:21 pm

I also love Kid Galahad. I love the beginning and it's simply nice picture 8)

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:22 pm

Again, some idiot did vote 1/10 for all Elvis' movies and TV specials.
Fans, you could just register and go vote, please.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:49 pm

That troll users votes now 1-5/10 with his five accounts, so like Great Performances have now 3.0/10 :? If you wish vote for Great Performances and others, you find those from Archive footage section, link here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000062/#archive

Vote what you have seen and vote what you wan't but vote.

PS: Hot Shots and Cool Clips Vol 1 & 2 are there too. Bud Glass Productions are in there soon.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 am

Hot Shots and Cool Clips
If somebody have list of songs Elvis signs in DVD, I would appreciate it.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:28 pm

I hope you people who has the Elvis: The Ed Sullivan SHows DVD box set goes and vote for it. Again that HrDVD guy has voted and rating goes dooown...

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892050/

Here you can register:
http://www.imdb.com/register/?why=personalize

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 am

I just found my old registration and will try to vote soon, for what it's worth (probably not much) but for kicks.

Doesn't the site have controls for people with multiple personas and vendettas? Or do they just laugh it off?

If you really want to get back at him (besides recruiting pro-Elvis voters) how about voting on the acts he champions? :lol: :twisted:

Better yet, forget it. Morons aren't worth it.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks man. I hope you'll vote.
I'm trying to forget but I have too much spare time to think :D

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Yes, now he voted with rest of his accounts (he always votes 1 of 10 with one account, 2 of 10 with another and so on) and now the User rating dropped in 5.3 of 10 :? What a jackass.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I just found my old registration and will try to vote soon, for what it's worth (probably not much) but for kicks.

Doesn't the site have controls for people with multiple personas and vendettas? Or do they just laugh it off?

If you really want to get back at him (besides recruiting pro-Elvis voters) how about voting on the acts he champions? :lol: :twisted:

Better yet, forget it. Morons aren't worth it.

Did it work? :?:

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:43 pm

changeofhabit wrote:Well, all info ain't wrong. You know, IMDB's workers have brains too :lol: I've tried to remove that tagline of GI Blues which says "Elvis as the gay, singing sensation" for several times but they won't remove it.

IMDb is a site by movie lovers for movie lovers. As stated in this section http://www.imdb.com/help/?general "Given the sheer size (approx. 900,000 titles and 2.3 million names) and the nature of the information we list, which is often subject to change especially on yet-unreleased films or long-running TV series, occasional mistakes are inevitable and, when spotted/reported, they are promptly verified and fixed. That's why we welcome corrections and submissions." Also every registered user can update or add information. This usually goes through a screening process by the staff.

The GI Blues tagline is official, so why should they remove it? It has nothing to do with that Elvis was homosexual, but it also defines as 1a happily excited : <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song> 2 a : BRIGHT, LIVELY <gay sunny meadows> b : brilliant in color 3 : given to social pleasures.

I reported some inconsistences on the Elvis biography page last year regarding this entry. "He had two full face-lifts and rhinoplasty during the mid-1970s." I mentioned the answer of the Graceland Archives staff "did have cosmetic surgery twice. He had his nose done in 1957 and he had his eyes done in June 1975", but the IMDb data managers didn't change a thing.

But when I reported the Phil Spector profile error, explaining why his '68 Comeback Special producer credit ought to be deleted, refering to the official credits, they fixed it.

And like the good fan: Updates, which now appear on the site.

Presley, Elvis

Other Crew member Credits - Change Occupation
Title: 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001)
New Occupation: singer: "My Way" and "Trouble" and "Such A Night"

Title: Cast Away (2000)
New Occupation: singer: "Heartbreak Hotel" "All Shook Up" "Blue Christmas" "Return to Sender"

Title: Lilo & Stitch (2002)
New Occupation: singer: "Heartbreak Hotel" "Stuck on You" "Blue Hawaii" "Suspicious Minds" "(You're the) Devil in Disguise" "Hound Dog"

Presley, Elvis
Other Crew member Credits - Add
Title: Dave (1993)

Title: Lethal Weapon (1987)

Title: Men in Black (1997)

Title: Heartbreak Hotel (1988)
Occupation: singer: "American Triolgy" ""Baby, Let's Play House" "Burning Love" ""Good Rockin' Tonight" "Heartbreak Hotel" "His Latest Flame" "If I Can Dram" "Love Me" "Mystery Train" "One Night" "Power Of My Love" "Ready Teddy"

Title: Finding Graceland (1998)
Occupation: singer: "Rip It Up" "One Night" "Long Black Limousine" "If I Can Dream"

Title: Look Who's Talking Now (1993)

Title: Look Who's Talking Too (1990)

Title: Long Kiss Goodnight, The (1996)

Title: She-Devil (1989)

Title: Black Hawk Down (2001)
Occupation: singer: "Suspicious Minds" and "You're the Devil in Disguise"

I also reported

Presley, Elvis
Awards - Add
Other names:
Event: Grammy Awards
Award: Grammy
Category: Best Sacred Performance
Year: 1967

Other names:
Category: Lifetime Achievement Award
Year: 1971

Other names:
Category: Best Inspirational Performance
Year: 1972

Other names:
Category: Best Inspirational Performance (Non-Classical)
Year: 1974

But apparently they didn't change the award section, even though he won these. I'll try again.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:01 pm

Awards section. Who is the source on this? :shock:

Golden Apple Awards. Won in 1960 and 1966. Category: Least Cooperative Actor.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 pm

I have added about 200 films and over 1,000 updates to IMDB 8)
I'm also official source for few film companys in IMDB.Of course I've added lot's of Elvis information.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:54 pm

elvisa wrote:Well, maybe my vote for Flaming star is not quite right, but that´s what I voted about one week ago. You`r question just got me check all my votes and actually I think I got them about right for my taste.
Maybe I should watch flaming star again, I remember that first time I watched Kid Galahad, I didn`t think it was a great movie, but now.......just look at my vote for that one. :wink:

But Paradise Hawaiian Style is as highly rated as Flaming Star and Viva Las Vegas??

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:12 pm

By the way, that troll can't post anymore much but he can still vote and that is what he does. Like with "Elvis: The Ed Sullivan Shows". It was 7.0 of 10, now it is 5.0 of 10. :( I ask you once again, please register and vote! If not for me, do it for Elvis who has give so much for you.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:26 pm

Now that idiot has 10 accounts. What IMDB does to bann him? Nothing!

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Well, one seems to be able to vote every single day. Perhaps he has a program that does it automatically for him??

I just hope my addition to the trivia on the Elvis (2005) film will be accepted; as it is now: "More than 300 Elvis fan's auditioned for the role of Elvis Presley." My comment was something along the line of they were all sent home and Rhys Myers, who wasn't even in the line for the audition, got the part.

But I usually don't look at the user ratings, since no one has the same taste; for instance, one of my favorite films, Guest House Paradiso, only has a rating of 5.3

EDIT: I have voted for Elvis' movies from time to time, and always with straight 10's, even though most of the movies don't deserve it - I'm gonna time a time out some day to vote for them all in a row ...all with straight 10's
Last edited by Jth on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Jth, Guest House Paradiso is damn funny :D Eddie Hitler :D
But, I hope you to vote also, my friend. I see that troll user likes Beatles because he hasn't vote like that for Beatles productions. I don't like Beatles much, and still I don't register 10 accounts and vote, so why this jackass does like that? Maybe his mom didn't love him, or too much :wink:

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Sad but fun and still sad, that the troll has voted five times for Hot Shots and Cool Clips 2 which is actually not yet even released :cry: :cry:

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:15 pm

changeofhabbit, I really admire you`r enthusiasm 8)

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:09 am

elvisa wrote:changeofhabbit, I really admire you`r enthusiasm 8)

:D IMDB is the website where I am mostly of time in Internet. I love movies but more I love Elvis' music and this IMDB thing disturbs me. I know it shouldn't but it does.