All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Just got the Ed Sullivan dvd set

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:52 am

Just got it at Wallmart on sale for $17.99.watching it now and i cant believe How great the quality is.I was very surprised it was out so early.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:44 am

Show-off!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:54 am

Hey - I for one am glad he posted... drove out to the 24hr Wal-Mart and bought it, myself.. wouldn't have thought of that if he hadn't posted. Thanks, man!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 pm

Only $17.99 for three discs? I thought about stopping tonight on my way home from work, but didn't think it would be there yet.

Tomorrow, that baby is mine!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:36 pm

Anything to help my fellow Elvis fans. :wink:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:10 pm

It's been put back until next Monday here in the UK. :evil:

I pre-ordered mine at Woolworths for £12.97.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:19 pm

I ordered 3 copies from play.com - they are awaiting delivery!!!

I need to get a copy in time for my Elvis night with the lads this Saturday before the disco in London.

Can anyone help me with a temporary copy?? Don't worry I always support Elvis releases by buying the original!!

Thanks in advance

Lester - United Kingdom

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:04 pm

Now Lester, that's not very nice.

I **do** thank you for your suppport through your pre-orders, but every unauthorized copy is one less reason for producers to commission this sort of restoration in the future. And believe me, they're well aware of the bottom line profit on these projects.

Just my two cents worth...

-Kevin

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 pm

I noticed one thing right off the bat and that is there was no advertising from any of the major retailers like there was with the Beatles version a few years back.

In fact the first 2 stores I went to, didn't even have it.

My next stop is Walmart.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:48 pm

Kevin, just wanted to say - beautiful job on these discs. Please keep us updated on the sales figures as you get them, we all hope it does well. :)

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:58 pm

Man-o-man these things do look great. This needs to be followed up with all of the 6 Dorsey Shows, and the Milton Berle and Steve Allen appearances.

"Ready...Set...Go man Go
I Gotta Gal that I love so and I'm ready..."

Brilliant Release! Must have for any fan.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks, Jamie & KOTJ-- glad to hear that you like the shows. Just as Ed always promised, I think there's something there for everyone to enjoy.

And needless to say, I hope they do well, too! :D

-Kevin

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:22 am

One question, since it's looking a bit odd on my DLP TV (but great on the others) - what quality format is the DVD? 480i, 720i/p, or 1080i/p? That way I'll know what to set everything to. Thanks!

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:28 am

JamieAKelley wrote:One question, since it's looking a bit odd on my DLP TV (but great on the others) - what quality format is the DVD? 480i, 720i/p, or 1080i/p? That way I'll know what to set everything to. Thanks!

Jamie, whats the matter with it?? I have a 52 1080p DLP and im anxiously awaiting mine from the UPS man any minute. dont tell me this now!! whats wrong with it?

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:32 am

I just got home with my copy!!! The package/design is very impressive too! Just started watching the first disc... looks great!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:55 am

JamieAKelley wrote:One question, since it's looking a bit odd on my DLP TV (but great on the others) - what quality format is the DVD? 480i, 720i/p, or 1080i/p? That way I'll know what to set everything to. Thanks!

Jamie:

It's Standard Definition NTSC, so plain old 480i should do the trick.

-Kevin

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:31 am

Ok, Kevin - cool. That's what I was thinking, but thanks for the info.

Kylan - don't worry, man.. I was just noticing some artifact-y looking stuff with my copy initially, but it's my up-convert DVD player doing that. I played it on my X-box and it works fine. :)

Now I have to find an up-convert DVD player that lets you shut off the up-convert process, because it just ruins the picture...

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:33 am

Incredible -- Essential -- #1 Elvis Release Of 2006!!

Great work, Kevin. More to follow.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Incredible -- Essential -- #1 Elvis Release Of 2006!!

Great work, Kevin. More to follow.

Well, I'm not sure what's coming that could top that, but I'll certainly check back later... :D

...and of course, thanks **very** much!

-Kevin

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:16 am

What is the audio like on this release. I notice the blurb mentions mono tracks and 5.1 tracks. As the original recordings are mono, does this mean fake surround sound processing or simply the mono signal though all speakers?

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:20 am

Don't worry, you can pick the audio type:

Dolby Digital Mono

and

Dolby Digital 5.1

You'll be amazed - I've never heard the audio this clean.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:23 am

JamieAKelley wrote:Don't worry, you can pick the audio type:

Dolby Digital Mono and Dolby Digital 5.1

You'll be amazed - I've never heard the audio this clean.

Cool, but what is the info on the 5.1, is it mono through all speakers, or fake surround?

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:26 am

Good question... doesn't sound like the same eq of audio in all channels, but I'd hesitate to call it fake stereo.

I can say that it sounds good to me. :)

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 am

I just got mine now! As soon as I can kick everybody off the tv, I'm in.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:45 am

Very nice DVD set! Great to have the medley from the January 7th show restored. Speaking of the January 7th show, did anybody notice on the Ed Sullivan archives were several letters where Elvis stated that he wanted to do "Paralzyed" on the show? Also, one letter mentioning "Anyway You Want Me," presumably for the October 28th show?

Mystery Train