All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Great clips, all except the first one

which does'nt play, could you check

the URL, I think you may have got it wrong.

8)

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:11 pm

The guy who put these together has done a great job.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:49 pm

Excellent clips, thanks!

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:14 pm

PSA- 1977

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Nice work all.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzc1fJpSNgo

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:16 am

Macuser, I assume you mean "Youtube.com" - no "r" necessary.... :wink:

You can get lost on that great site, Elvis and otherwise. I hope Google's purchase of it doesn't kill it, what with concerns about copyrights and all, now that it's going corporate....

Yes, take a bow, Star Records, which is behind some of the most popular Elvis videos on that site! Their DVDs are well-worth getting all of...


And take your own bow, Steve M. for your excellent "crawling-good" work!!!

Re: YourTube's Most Colorful Elvis Clips

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:40 am

macuser wrote:It seems that Elvis is the most popular artist to cover,reinvent
or simply show around on YourTube.


Elvis in a Andy Warholl style

Elvis in the Ghetto

Elvis his life in a medley

Rubbernecking refurbished with a better clip




Fantastic clips.....In the Ghetto was out of this world :cry:

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 am

Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Tell me more about this clip

When........Where........Where can I get it :shock:

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:26 am

Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977


WOW

Hot damn Steve - that was AWESOME.

Thank you sir :!:

Rich

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:38 am

Rich_TCB wrote:
Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977


WOW

Hot damn Steve - that was AWESOME.

Thank you sir :!:

Rich


Ditto, that's quite amazing, a great performance.


8)

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:41 am

sid wrote:
Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Tell me more about this clip

When........Where........Where can I get it :shock:


This is a long, very long, project that I've been working on as and when i can.
This has been one of the hardest to do. 6 eight mm cameras captured various moments of the show that night. The show in question sid is the New years eve show that began on December 31st 1976 and ended in the early hour of January 1st 1977.
Whilst I can bring the various shots together where they capture the same moment I'm stumped by the fact that each camera appears to roll at a slightly differetn speed to the other giving a 4% difference that each can fall within. This doesn't sound much but a three minute song can be out by 7 seconds at the end of it regarding the synch of picture sound and picture from the other cameras.
So each clip has to be speed corrected and then resized and bought onto the screen with its respective other angles and placed into a timeline upon an independant sound source.

The other feature of this project is that because of the many moments of it that have more than one angle at any one time the whole thing is being produced in 16:9 to enable as big a size as possible of each of the angles rather than trying to fit all of them together in a 4:3 screen size. You wont see that on the YouTube clip because they squash it to fit.

Other than that thats about all I can tell you.

Rich_TCB, TM_GB, he still kicked ass with that song and yet he had only 227 days left to live. Anyone says to you Elvis didn't have it left in him during the last year then this is te one clip if you had to just give one that should leave people thinking again.

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:55 am

Never tire of seeing that one! Thanks S :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 teve!!!

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:59 am

Steve:

It definately works well, with the various angles and everything....just terrific.

Now I'm off to watch it again :-)

Rich

Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 am

steve, you could compaire the way the edits were done to eot or aloha.
as e would have said fantastic.

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:18 am

Steve_M wrote:
Rich_TCB, TM_GB, he still kicked ass with that song and yet he had only 227 days left to live. Anyone says to you Elvis didn't have it left in him during the last year then this is te one clip if you had to just give one that should leave people thinking again.



Great point about the "New Years Eve" Pittsburgh concert in general!

You're doing historic work there, Steve and many of us are super-grateful!

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Steve_M wrote:
Rich_TCB, TM_GB, he still kicked ass with that song and yet he had only 227 days left to live. Anyone says to you Elvis didn't have it left in him during the last year then this is te one clip if you had to just give one that should leave people thinking again.



Great point about the "New Years Eve" Pittsburgh concert in general!

You're doing historic work there, Steve and many of us are super-grateful!


Again ditto,

keep up the good work Steve, if you're not careful you'll turn me into a

Jumpsuit Junkie. :smt043 :smt044 :smt081


8)

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Thank you, some great clips.

Kudos to STAR.

I know some guy from Scotland is claiming accolade in certain quarters for your great work, but we know different.

A true US Mail

Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Steve_M wrote:
sid wrote:
Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Tell me more about this clip

When........Where........Where can I get it :shock:


This is a long, very long, project that I've been working on as and when i can.
This has been one of the hardest to do. 6 eight mm cameras captured various moments of the show that night. The show in question sid is the New years eve show that began on December 31st 1976 and ended in the early hour of January 1st 1977.
Whilst I can bring the various shots together where they capture the same moment I'm stumped by the fact that each camera appears to roll at a slightly differetn speed to the other giving a 4% difference that each can fall within. This doesn't sound much but a three minute song can be out by 7 seconds at the end of it regarding the synch of picture sound and picture from the other cameras.
So each clip has to be speed corrected and then resized and bought onto the screen with its respective other angles and placed into a timeline upon an independant sound source.

The other feature of this project is that because of the many moments of it that have more than one angle at any one time the whole thing is being produced in 16:9 to enable as big a size as possible of each of the angles rather than trying to fit all of them together in a 4:3 screen size. You wont see that on the YouTube clip because they squash it to fit.

Other than that thats about all I can tell you.

Rich_TCB, TM_GB, he still kicked ass with that song and yet he had only 227 days left to live. Anyone says to you Elvis didn't have it left in him during the last year then this is te one clip if you had to just give one that should leave people thinking again.




Just been back for the fourth visit :D

It gets better everytime, thanks for the reply by the way. I have seen this advertised............but I assume it's not the same quality as this?

Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:14 pm

He's a very lucky boy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-4n9Uxwiw

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:08 pm

sid wrote:
Steve_M wrote:
sid wrote:
Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Tell me more about this clip

When........Where........Where can I get it :shock:


This is a long, very long, project that I've been working on as and when i can.
This has been one of the hardest to do. 6 eight mm cameras captured various moments of the show that night. The show in question sid is the New years eve show that began on December 31st 1976 and ended in the early hour of January 1st 1977.
Whilst I can bring the various shots together where they capture the same moment I'm stumped by the fact that each camera appears to roll at a slightly differetn speed to the other giving a 4% difference that each can fall within. This doesn't sound much but a three minute song can be out by 7 seconds at the end of it regarding the synch of picture sound and picture from the other cameras.
So each clip has to be speed corrected and then resized and bought onto the screen with its respective other angles and placed into a timeline upon an independant sound source.

The other feature of this project is that because of the many moments of it that have more than one angle at any one time the whole thing is being produced in 16:9 to enable as big a size as possible of each of the angles rather than trying to fit all of them together in a 4:3 screen size. You wont see that on the YouTube clip because they squash it to fit.

Other than that thats about all I can tell you.

Rich_TCB, TM_GB, he still kicked ass with that song and yet he had only 227 days left to live. Anyone says to you Elvis didn't have it left in him during the last year then this is te one clip if you had to just give one that should leave people thinking again.




Just been back for the fourth visit :D

It gets better everytime, thanks for the reply by the way. I have seen this advertised............but I assume it's not the same quality as this?





Another update to this........have been back 6 times already...........then I realised I have this.....A New Year For Elvis. The clip you enhanced is awesome :D

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:56 am

Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977


Steve.........fantastic work as always. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:49 am

Our guy was on fire that night, what a performance! Great job Steve!

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:18 am

Steve_M wrote:PSA- 1977



Just finally had a chance to give this a good look....!

Well done, as always, Steve.
:D


And as the "'FootageBoss" so aptly puts it:

"This man rocked the stage vocally and physicaly and dispelled the myths about his weight given he only had just 228 days left to live...."



***********************

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:48 pm

Steve M :

Polk Salad Annie - brilliant. Congratulations !

Steve Morse