All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Robert,

If you got DRAGON HEART that was on f.t.d. some years ago, the
last track "Blue Xmas" was derived from the college park concert.
Play that song and then follow it up by same song that was
on the original PROFILES VOL 2 box set as put out by Baxter.

Mr Panasonic (can't reveal his name) is a good friend of mine who was able to
notice it's difference and remix it on his computer software and align
it's speed according to the DRAGON HEART version. How i don't
know!!! He has an unbelievably sharp ear for anything that maybe a little out
of kilter on any Elvis music! Wonder how many of you guys out there was aware of
the incorrect speed of college park (as per PROFILES vol 2)?

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:15 pm

This is the first time posted on this MB.
Good job to you and Mr Panasonic :wink:

This theory makes sense..
Elvis sounded extremely slow that evening.

Vocally, the concert will still be very poor.
But played at higher speed will obviously improve the concert experience!

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:41 pm

extremely slow?!?! He sounded punch drunk on a saturday night!!!!!!

However if you have the equipment try to slightly alter it's speed.
I'm sure you won't lose sound quality as it's a minor adjustment
and the show overall will sound better! same thing applies to the boot
cd "running for president".

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:59 am

Robt wrote:Robert,

If you got DRAGON HEART that was on f.t.d. some years ago, the
last track "Blue Xmas" was derived from the college park concert.
Play that song and then follow it up by same song that was
on the original PROFILES VOL 2 box set as put out by Baxter.

Mr Panasonic (can't reveal his name) is a good friend of mine who was able to
notice it's difference and remix it on his computer software and align
it's speed according to the DRAGON HEART version. How i don't
know!!! He has an unbelievably sharp ear for anything that maybe a little out
of kilter on any Elvis music! Wonder how many of you guys out there was aware of
the incorrect speed of college park (as per PROFILES vol 2)?


100% correct.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:52 am

Xaykev wrote:But in Desert Storm I can't seem to hear that he is high.
Yes, he is mad, and said things he never did in earlier shows....but high as a kite...don't think so.


... that's funny... :shock:

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:00 am

Where can this book be bought? Is it for sale yet?

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:09 am

Rock & Roll wrote: Where can this book be bought? Is it for sale yet?

P.T. Barnum (by way of David Hannum) may be able to help you.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:12 am

Thanks! I'm looking forward to buying it! Something NICE for a change that maybe Elvis himself would like to read if he were here? :D

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:02 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock & Roll wrote: Where can this book be bought? Is it for sale yet?

P.T. Barnum (by way of David Hannum) may be able to help you.


"There's a sucker born every minute" ? :lol:

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Here is a comparison of the original dialogue versus speed adjusted.

The 'correct' speed is calculated by using the tracks (Trying To Get To You & Blue Christmas from Dragonheart FTD) comparing them to the same tracks off Profile boot. Once the tracks are trimmed to be the exact same starting & ending points, they can be seen to be different in total timing, the Profile tracks being longer in length (therefore running at a slower speed)...this speed difference is 0.9856 on both tracks. Assuming the Dragonheart FTD source is running at the correct speed, the Profile release of College Park 29th September 1974 is running a 'tad' too slow.

I'm not saying for one minute the Elvis is not drugged, or that he's in top form etc, etc.....but I believe when this show is listened at 'correct' speed it is no worse (audio wise) than the Desert Storm release some 26 days earlier in Vegas (IMHO)......remember this is an audio perception, viewing this show may have given a different perception to those present on or off stage that night.




http://www.adam.com.au/raych/Dialogue_280974_original.mp3


http://www.adam.com.au/raych/Dialogue_280974_speed%20adjusted.mp3