All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

FTD News Jan/April 2007 !!!!! (?)

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:41 pm

from http://www.ftdelvis.com comes the following "newsletter"-information for january and april 2007:

01/2007:
soundboard from Feb. 1977 called "Unchained Melody" including a complete (!) 1977 show.

04/2007:
an album called "An American Trilogy" including live recordings from the Feb.1972 Las Vegas stand.

also planned according to this website until April: two further releases.

WRITING FOR THE KING and HIS HAND IN MINE will be shipped to the dealers in time on december 1.

Can someone approve this news!? I think: I could live without a 1977 soundboard show, but the AMERICAN TRILOGY release sounds pretty interesting. I only hope that the cover will be better than the "Polk Salad Annie" release (that thing ruined the whole album, man!).

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:03 pm

If true, this is great news! The "American Trilogy" release especially, been waiting for an album of the February 72 recordings for a long time. Then if we could please please have the Nashville 71 CD next year as well... I would be very happy! :D

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:03 pm

Very good news. I like them both ! I love Elvis 1977. What a voice. Hope it's gonna be a compilation CD with highlight's. No throwaway's like hound dog, teddy bear, jailhouse rock. I liked the Spring Tour '77 for that !

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I do hope it will be something new, especially for the 1977 release, because I all ready have a lot of bootlegs from february '77......lol.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:50 pm

If it's a complete '77 show, and includes Unchained, these are the options:

Hollywood. FL
Montgomery AL
Savannah GA
Charlotte NC
Ann Arbor MI
Binghamton NY
Baltimore MD
Mobile AL
Lincoln NE
Rapid City SD
Cincinnati OH

It's a soundboard, and of course unreleased, these options remain:

Hollywood. FL
Montgomery AL
Savannah GA
Charlotte NC
Binghamton NY
Baltimore MD
Mobile AL
Lincoln NE
Cincinnati OH

I think a Feb'77 soundboard is most likely..
Hollywood?
That would please JLGB :wink:

Cheers, RJ

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

If this is confirmed it will be great!!. Hope that the two other releases, at least one is a soundtrack album 8) 8).

Have-A-Tampa wrote:

Then if we could please please have the Nashville 71 CD next year as well... I would be very happy!.

Forget about this release :cry: :cry: :cry:, from next year on, only Classic Albums, Soundtracks and Soundboards. This has been confirmed by Ernst Jorgensen this year. Bye for now. :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Re: FTD News Jan/April 2007 !!!!! (?)

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:08 pm

etp wrote:from http://www.ftdelvis.com comes the following "newsletter"-information for january and april 2007:

Is it possible to subscribe to the newsletter of Ernst Joergensen they are referring to? Does anyone know? Does one have to be a CD dealer/fan club president?
etp wrote:01/2007:
soundboard from Feb. 1977 called "Unchained Melody" including a complete (!) 1977 show.

Ftdelvis says it's pretty sure (ziemlich sicher) from February.
etp wrote:04/2007:
an album called "An American Trilogy" including live recordings from the Feb.1972 Las Vegas stand.

also planned according to this website until April: two further releases.

They say, "up to two" further releases.

Please excuse my shouting for a moment. GIMME JULY/AUGUST 1975! GIMME POT LUCK! Thank you.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Great news, but that's a shame if from now on we are only going to get soundboards and such :(

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Finally. A complete SB from 1977. Good choice, Ernst.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:03 pm

Please! If a complete SB exists of the show let it be Montgomery (2/16/77). I admit to being a little selfish because that's the one time I saw Elvis in concert and would obviously love to have that show as a SB. I have an audience recording on tape but a SB would be great.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Why don’t some of you actually READ what Ernst writes, instead of ranting away like a moron?

2006 is the last year when there will be an EQUAL amount of studio and live releases. That does NOT mean that there won’t be any more studio albums, such as the Nashville 1971 CD that was made years ago. In other words, there will be a few more studio CDs, but not many. Mostly, there will be soundtracks and classical albums. Then, of course, loads of live stuff.

Per

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:15 pm

fantastic news a complete 1977 soundboard this will be great. as for people complaining about just getting soundboards lets just be thankfull that we get these cds on ftd in the best possible sound and we will still get the classic albums full of outtakes looks like we will get everything in the end now ftd is starting to release almost full sessions and there are people who have missed or dont collect the boot cds and have not got many soundboards in there collection .

Jess

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 pm

thekingisalive wrote:

Why don’t some of you actually READ what Ernst writes, instead of ranting away like a moron? :roll: :roll: :roll:.

2006 is the last year when there will be an EQUAL amount of studio and live releases. That does NOT mean that there won’t be any more studio albums, such as the Nashville 1971 CD that was made years ago. In other words, there will be a few more studio CDs, but not many. Mostly, there will be soundtracks and classical albums. Then, of course, loads of live stuff.

Ernst Jorgensen wrote:

Note from Ernst & Roger :
2006 will be the last year where we will divide evenly between regular releases of “soundboard” material and RCA material. We will be running out of studio outtakes, except for the Classic Albums releases. Research is always going on, but hope of finding the missing studio tapes is small. We have a lot of historical Las Vegas engagements and tours to cover through soundboards, and obviously an enormous number of classic albums to restore.

Thanks for another great year. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ernst & Roger
source: FECC Forum - updated on November 19th, 2005. :cry: :cry:.

Excuse me if I have made a wrong statement :oops: :oops:. As my mother language is not English, does the 1st statement by thekingisalive means the same as the 2nd statement by Ernst Jorgensen? :? :? :? :?. Thank you!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Great news, but that's a shame if from now on we are only going to get soundboards and such

Well, you find that there are a LOT of fans that are looking forward to the loads of live releases coming up in the next few years.

With the Classic Album series moving ahead and the possibility of a boxset for the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing next year, the remaining studio alternates will be mostly reserved for those releases.

Bring on the live shows.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:35 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Why don’t some of you actually READ what Ernst writes, instead of ranting away like a moron?

Per

A bit harsh dont you think :shock:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:36 pm

midnightx wrote:
Great news, but that's a shame if from now on we are only going to get soundboards and such

Well, you find that there are a LOT of fans that are looking forward to the loads of live releases coming up in the next few years.

With the Classic Album series moving ahead and the possibility of a boxset for the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing next year, the remaining studio alternates will be mostly reserved for those releases.

Bring on the live shows.

And that is what I should have put in the first place.............but in hindsight, I will have to read posts more carefully in future.

I too want live shows and lots of them :D

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:53 pm

Yes, a little harsh, Sid. Seems you have to be a little harsh to be heard on this board. Sometimes even that doesn’t help, because people go on posting blindly, without digesting the information at hand. That frustrates me quite a lot. I cannot even begin to imagine how Ernst must feel.

Mike, yes, what I wrote is the same as what Ernst wrote, just different words.

Per

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 pm

:lol: This is 100% excellent news, certainly enough shows featuring unchained melody from Feb 77' to give us a 'great' ftd! and Feb 72 'live' recording has been on my list of essential wanted releases for a while now-certainly REALLY looking forward to proper live recordings from that season-this is good news! :wink:

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:23 am

cdh72469 wrote:Please! If a complete SB exists of the show let it be Montgomery (2/16/77). I admit to being a little selfish because that's the one time I saw Elvis in concert and would obviously love to have that show as a SB. I have an audience recording on tape but a SB would be great.

Damn, all those lucky folks on this board who actually saw the King :o
Now, Cdh72469, I have news for you: Montgomery is already available on soundboard! (In great sound)

So please let this FTD release be another show!

Cheers, RJ

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 am

Kuenzer wrote:Please excuse my shouting for a moment. GIMME JULY/AUGUST 1975! GIMME POT LUCK! Thank you.

August ´75...? Why?

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:29 am

GIMME JULY/AUGUST 1975!

There are better tours and/or more fascinating ones that should be explored.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:37 am

midnightx wrote:
GIMME JULY/AUGUST 1975!

There are better tours and/or more fascinating ones that should be explored.

Yes & no:

Yes: If we finally get an average July'75 show: there's no difference with the June shows.

No: If we get Asheville: we all go nuts!

Cheers, RJ

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:47 am

thekingisalive wrote:

Mike, yes, what I wrote is the same as what Ernst wrote, just different words.

O.K thank you!!. I must have misunderstood the meaning, I apologize :oops: :oops: :oops:. If this is the case, I hope that next regular FTD release is Nashville 71 8) 8) 8). Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:00 am

etp wrote: I only hope that the cover will be better than the "Polk Salad Annie" release (that thing ruined the whole album, man!).

And there's me thinking that it was the music that was important!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:58 am

This is great news, if true.

I buy them all, but I've REALLY been waiting for that Feb '72 FTD. That's gonna be awesome :-)

Rich