All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 am

I wonder if Priscilla ever dared to ask Elvis whether she should buy another ring - or something like that. Must ask Marty about that too

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 pm

Memphis Flash wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Yea, the whole thing rings bogus as hell... still I would like to hear the story of how the ring was found when they were mowing or something! Talk about hitting the jackpot... I could use a good laugh too. :lol:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Jeff, evidently the lost-in-the-grass story was a cover for Elvis not wanting to wear the wedding ring. Marty Lacker explained the situation on AEK - see my post above - and says that while the guys spent some time looking for it, they realized Elvis did not want it found, so just went through the motions.

Some time later, David Stanley reported that Elvis had given the ring to him and his wife Angie during a difficult time in their marriage, and Marty related that Angie later sold the ring to Jimmy Velvet for $10,000. Jimmy Velvet resold the ring to someone else for $40,000.

Now I do remember David writing about that in one of his books. However, since I have personally witnessed David telling audiences that he "discovered" Elvis' dead body - among other untruths - his word by itself is not enough for me. But the story does sound like something Elvis might do, and I am inclined to believe it.

That said, I don't know that I'd want it - the symbol of a man forced into marriage who didn't even want to wear the ring, hid it in his jewelry box for years and then gave it to another badly-matched couple who also ended up divorced. To some collector, however, the ring's checkered history might just add to its appeal. It's certainly a unique item and should command a pretty good price.

I would be happy with just a darn autograph!...lol
I actually had some disposable income about a year ago and could have purchased one without to much trouble, but alas you never think about these things until it is to late. So what I am getting at Memphis, if you would be so kind as to give me one out of your collection I would forever be in your debt.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just teasin (not really) no really just a joke (shakes head from side to side) now shaking head up and down..... 8)

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:55 pm

There's still time to put a bid in.

Link below.

Thanks Marie :D
Last edited by Guest on Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:28 am

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/Elvis- ... 3519QQrdZ1

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:31 am

:D
Last edited by Guest on Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:55 am

Not just butter...but sugar as well makes grits with scrambled eggs yummy!!! Haven't had any in years.. :wink:

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:01 am

Memphis Flash wrote:Okra is fine if it's mixed in gumbo - heck, can't even taste it then but the little pods always look interesting - but grits is the main thing I remember Hope Lange saying she cooked for Elvis. He missed grits.

Those are easy to get anywhere, aren't they? And taste kind of bland unless you put butter on them.

They're good with maple syrup on 'em too Flash :D

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:22 pm

The first bid of this ring is from this User.

Feedback score: 7|Positive feedback: 100%
Learn about what these numbers mean.
Latest Feedback: From Date Item#

Very prompt payment!
Seller
pschiswick(11) Nov-17-04 7113842575

Excellent Buyer, Fast Payment, Valued Customer, Highly Recommended A++++(s)
Seller
auctionassist-drop-off-shops(7639) Nov-03-04 6933232681

super fast payment a pleasure to deal with ty
Seller
wuzupnow0_0(146)
no longer a registered user Nov-02-04 6933694316

prompt payment, nice to deal with A++++++
Seller
ralvarez2003(178) Sep-27-04 5323770558

Thanks for payment and quick e-mails, nice to do business with you A++++ Buyer!!
Seller
wonder-woman33(15241) Jul-02-04 5901951354

great buyer thankyou
Seller
ironingblue(1136) Jun-05-04 5902158123

Great Ebayer, Friendly, keeps in contact wld deal with again
Seller
anthony1983(125) May-16-02 1726687756

So, the last time that this person have buying something on Ebay was in 2004, I have a feeling that this is a Fake bidding.
Or it is too get up the price higher.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:31 pm

As Someone who is from the UK, just WHAT are okra and grits? :smt017

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:29 am

Liverbobs wrote:As Someone who is from the UK, just WHAT are okra and grits? :smt017

Okra, usually served boiled or fried(I love fried okra), boiled not so much.

Grits, I've never ate grits myself... I'm not sure but I think its made from barley. I gather its kinda like oatmeal.

JEFF d
EAP fan

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Jeff, grits are made from ground up corn
goes good with a side order of polk salad..

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:59 am

The "Elvis wedding ring" that is presently publicized for auction by the Profiles in History auction house is said to have left Elvis's possession when he gave it to an entourage member, David Stanley and his wife – reportedly a sweet gesture of goodwill from Elvis late in his life, wishing the Stanleys the best in their marriage several years after his own marriage had ended. The auction has inspired news coverage and quite a bit of speculation on various Elvis fan sites and message boards.

Priscilla Presley and Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. have no concrete documentation of their own to put them in a position to verify the story of the gift or the authenticity of the ring as having once belonged to Elvis, or to express any doubt about it. However, a couple of points beg clarification.

If the ring being auctioned did indeed belong to Elvis, then it would have to be Elvis's "second" wedding ring - the one Priscilla gave Elvis as a replacement when he lost his original one at their ranch in Mississippi not too long after their wedding. Elvis's original wedding ring had become loose on his finger and he was concerned that it might slip off while he was working on the ranch, so he tied it to a kerchief around his neck. The ring ultimately fell from the kerchief, which Elvis did not notice at the moment it happened. After much searching, the ring was not found. Priscilla soon gave Elvis another ring to replace his original. The second ring was of a completely different design, such as the one presently being auctioned.

Also, in some news stories the ring that is being auctioned has been misidentified as the one Elvis gave to Priscilla on their wedding day. This is not true and the auction company is not the source of that misinformation. Priscilla still has her wedding and engagement rings from Elvis and treasures them.

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:04 am

"The marriage of Elvis and Priscilla Presley was the most significant wedding of the 20th century," said Joseph Maddalena, an owner of Profiles In History, a world-renowned live internet auction company which will host the auction next month.

Why do I get the feeling that Mr J. Maddalena knows as much about Elvis as about anything he wants to sell.

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:14 am

Say, EPE, how's the upgrades, improvements, gadgets and other nifty little features coming to the website, for which the elvis.com email went away? :wink:

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Hey Cool EPE read this messageboard................therefore could we have

1 All the CBS footage you have in your safekeeping :D

2 All the TTWII footage you have

3 All the Elvis on Tour footage you have

And this is just a thought but why dont you see if you can persuade some of the collectors who have footage or audio of Elvis in concerts to let you buy them, then you can release them to us :D

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Take a look at this: http://jordans-elvis-world.com/mine/jewelry.html

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Elvis Presley's wedding ring from his 1967 marriage to Priscilla was also sold for $90,000 (£46,000).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6182113.stm

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:33 am

To all who are unsure about this piece (including EPE):

The ring is the real deal. It has been around on the EP-Owned market for a long, long, time. (ie: not a new piece, which if you really think about it, ............ kinda makes sense on a number of levels).

--------------------------------

Diana (Memphis Flash) - I saw on another thread where you had some things to say pertaining to me.

If you still have some things that you would like or need to clear up, please PM me here, anytime.

N8