All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:29 pm

Sorry I should have explained it better...............It's not the film I am referring to, it's the fact that once again something has been shot down in flames as being untrue..............meaning how Elvis was interested in the Morman faith. I for one would love to see the book he left the Osmonds just to see what notes he actually made.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:57 am

sid wrote:... it's the fact that once again something has been shot down in flames as being untrue ...

Maybe that's because once again there is nothing substantial to support the statement, rendering it very likely untrue.

Hope this alleviates your depression.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:44 am

Depression Doc................where did that come from??

I was merely pointing out that after the topic started, it was suggested that Mormons lie.

I too had wondered if what I had heard the previous night was true.....that Elvis had gone to see a particular Group in Las Vegas.

After reading an article on a webpage, I posted a link to it........because it had relevant information in it, i.e. Elvis had an interest in the Religion, had contact with Missionaries from the Church, and had in fact owned a copy of The Book of Mormon in which he made notes of his own thoughts on the subject

That book was after Elvis's death donated to this Group they then donated it to their Church, where it sits in their Archives. This book and the notes Elvis made are to be used in a film which details the last hours of Elvis's life.

Let me make one thing clear..........I do not support this film in any way, shape or form but because it may discount the fact that Mormons ''lie'' I felt it was only right that I post it, after all who knows we may have Mormons visit the Messageboard.

People may wish to call this a damage limitation exercise..........I on the other hand call it.........adding to a topic that had been stopped in it's tracks because it was thought of as a lie.

In the words of a well known Elvis song You dont know me.............how you say can that the post you made would alleviate my depression really does beggar belief

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:27 am

sid wrote:After reading an article on a webpage ... it had relevant information ... Elvis ... had in fact owned a copy of The Book of Mormon in which he made notes of his own thoughts on the subject ...

An "article on the internet" cannot be considered "fact" -- especially since there has never been any mention of such a thing in 50 years of writings on Elvis Presley.

Get it now?

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 am

Well Doc

I am at this moment in time waiting for an e-mail from the producer of the film.................who knows I may even get to see the Holy Grail for myself .

No apology for the Depression remark I see.........

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:44 am

Whilst you are waiting something else for you to digest :wink:



Monday, September 25, 2006
Elvis had a Book of Mormon PDF | Print | E-mail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL RIGERT - North County Staff
The King may be gone, but his spirit -- and thoughts on his spirituality -- will live on, in part, through a new film shot in Orem.

Questions about Elvis Presley's personal beliefs and his reported exposure to the LDS faith are the topic of a new feature film shot in the last couple weeks on an Orem sound stage.

Rob Diamond, a Salt Lake-based actor/writer/director, said he wasn't a fan of Presley one way or another. Yet when the husband of one of his acting students invited him on a tour of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints office building in Salt Lake a couple of years ago, he stumbled upon a story he found extraordinary.

"Early in the tour he sat me down, put on white gloves and handed me a copy of The Book of Mormon," Diamond said. "He said 'Elvis read this.' I was like 'What?' "

The book was filled with hand-written notations that are believed to have been made by Presley. Diamond said that with pen and pad in hand, he spent the next three to four hours scribbling down every single note.

According to Diamond, Presley read a lot on spiritual topics and was given the copy of The Book of Mormon by a fan named Cricket who had joined the LDS Church. After the musician's death, the book was returned to the woman who later gave it to musician/celebrity Alan Osmond who passed it on to an LDS official who placed it in the church archives.

Though the handwriting has yet to be authenticated, Diamond said he plans to have a handwriting expert analyze and verify that the notes are Presley's.

"I do have my personal beliefs" about the legitimacy of the handwriting, he said. "I wouldn't have made the film unless I felt strongly about it."

Diamond served an LDS mission and said The Book of Mormon "changed my life." To know that Presley had also read the book and considered its teachings was an epiphany for him. Diamond said he heavily researched every aspect of Presley's life during a six-month period prior to filming.

That was the genesis for "Tears of a King," a new film for which Diamond wrote the screenplay and directed with the assistance of several other film partners. He was already making a short film titled "Propensity," yet the idea for the Presley film kept tugging at him.

"I said 'If we don't do it, it will never be done,' " Diamond said.

He said the movie is about Presley the man, not the musician.

"As a storyteller and filmmaker ... I'm very drawn to stories about people who struggle and reach out to their maker," he said. "I've made mistakes in my life and I felt I was the right guy to make it from a non-judgmental perspective."

Bob Conder, a producer and first assistant director for "Tears of a King," said the film centers around Presley on the night before his death in 1977, looking back over his life and the choices he had made.

"It's about a man, a good man who struggled and searched for redemption," Diamond said. "He's reflecting on the things that were important in his life," including thoughts he apparently put down in writing in The Book of Mormon.

Scriptures Presley allegedly underlined in the copy of the book were used in the film, he said.

Ninety percent of the movie, which cost less than $1 million to make, was filmed in late August and early September at Creative Media Group in Orem.

"It was an 11-day wonder," Conder said.

The remaining portion will be filmed on location in Memphis, Tenn.

Diamond and Conder said though there's definitely an LDS twist to "Tears of a King," they believe it's a film that will find general appeal with all audiences.

"Whether you're Mormon or not, you're going to want to see it. It's a man's spiritual quest and the mistakes he made," Diamond said.

The film's producers considered getting big-name talent for the movie, but ultimately decided it would detract from the independent film's impact and message. Actors Brian Wimmer, Jeff Olsen, and Jerry Hobin appear in the film. A Utah native based in Los Angeles, Erin Chambers, portrays Priscilla Presley.

"Tears of a King" is scheduled to be released sometime in 2007, the 30th anniversary of Presley's death. Diamond plans to show the film at several film festivals prior to its theatrical release.

More information and multimedia about the film will be at http://www.tearsofaking.com within the next few weeks.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:52 am

Is the fan named Cricket who allegedly gave Elvis the book the Cricket from TTWII? If so, did Sue also join the Mormon church? And the cat? Can a cat be a Mormon? I would think they can only be Cat-tholics.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:55 pm

:lol: :lol:

Nice one Pete.

It's probably a HUGE pile of **** but all the same I am still waiting for the e-mail, hopefully all will become clear as mud then :D

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:46 pm

The book:

Image

Image

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:48 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Is is THE book................as in the one from the Archives???

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:54 pm

sid wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Is is THE book................as in the one from the Archives???



Of course it is...............why didnt I just click.

Thank You Mr Dickman :D

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:56 pm

sid wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Is is THE book................as in the one from the Archives???


Near as I can tell......I read that Ed Parker apparently also gave Elvis a copy of this text.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:58 pm

Larry Dickman wrote:
sid wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Is is THE book................as in the one from the Archives???


Near as I can tell......I read that Ed Parker apparently also gave Elvis a copy of this text.


Well its well documented that Elvis was open to all kinds of religion............so why not this one too.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:12 pm

sid wrote:Well its well documented that Elvis was open to all kinds of religion............so why not this one too.


Cause John Boy says so. :wink:

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:46 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Is the fan named Cricket who allegedly gave Elvis the book the Cricket from TTWII? If so, did Sue also join the Mormon church? And the cat? Can a cat be a Mormon? I would think they can only be Cat-tholics.



From what I can gather it is another Cricket. Given that the film was made in 1981 and Cricket looked in her early twenties then I cant see her suddenly taking up acting now :)

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:54 pm

The News Report



http://kutv.com/video/?id=19804@kutv.dayport.com

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:43 pm

Stan from Tintane wrote:1964?

while filming Paradise Hawaiian Style?

ER ?

NOT !



Totally agree with you............on the date of the Film.............but my point is the Group is mentioned............therefore they are not telling lies.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:00 pm

Thank You for that as far as I am concerned case shut now :D

I have just finished reading more or less the same thing in an article which mentioned Elvis had got quite close to the Osmonds Mum too......she reminded him of his own Mum.

I wasnt picking fights arguments or anything else by carrying on with thread, it caught my attention that's all, I contributed to it, then I came across an article which I thought was related to it.

As for the depression remark......well there is more things in the World to get depressed about, that's all I can say about that
:(

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:26 pm

Fantastic thanks for posting it :D

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:31 am

I wonder if the Osmonds used to buy Elvis' old Jumpsuits :idea:

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:43 am

LesterB wrote:I wonder if the Osmonds used to buy Elvis' old Jumpsuits :idea:



I doubt it



and


Perish the thought :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 am

They Were :shock: Well you learn something new everyday.

And I am being serious :?

Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:36 am

sid wrote:
LesterB wrote:I wonder if the Osmonds used to buy Elvis' old Jumpsuits :idea:



I doubt it



and


Perish the thought :lol: :lol:


:D my post was said in jest

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:46 pm

LesterB wrote:
sid wrote:
LesterB wrote:I wonder if the Osmonds used to buy Elvis' old Jumpsuits :idea:



I doubt it



and


Perish the thought :lol: :lol:


:D my post was said in jest


Only Donny! :lol:

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:27 pm

LesterB wrote:
sid wrote:
LesterB wrote:I wonder if the Osmonds used to buy Elvis' old Jumpsuits :idea:



I doubt it



and


Perish the thought :lol: :lol:


:D my post was said in jest




Mine was too :lol: