All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Osmonds

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:04 pm

I was watching a tv program this morning where Jay and Jimmy Osmond recounted a story that claimed Elvis often went to their shows and indeed one time they had told Jimmy that he was there watching and the poor little fella was so nervous he threw up all over a lady in the front row. Is there any evidence that he "often" went to see them, they didnt strike me as something he'd have been that interested in.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:38 pm

Eddie I saw the same thing too.........Vernon Kaye didnt seem to believe him did he and made him back track and say it again. I cant see why Jimmy Osmond would say it if it didnt happen..............a picture of them together would be great though :D

Re: Osmonds

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Eddie wrote:Jay and Jimmy Osmond recounted a story that claimed Elvis often went to their shows ...

Even Mormons can lie ...

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Eddie wrote:Jay and Jimmy Osmond recounted a story that claimed Elvis often went to their shows ...

Even Mormons can lie ...

They usually do...!

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:21 pm

drjohncarpenter said Even Mormons can lie ...

are you a morman then"""""""""""""""""""""""

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:59 pm

rocknroller wrote:drjohncarpenter said Even Mormons can lie ...

More of a Moron I would say.

Just kidding DJ - apologies in advance :wink:

Elvis did cover a couple of Osmond numbers informally didn't he?

Twelfth Of Never? Leaving It Up To You?

Obviously a closet Osmonds fan!!!

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:02 pm

rocknroller wrote:drjohncarpenter said Even Mormons can lie ...

At the last count, the Doc had just the one wife............

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:20 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Elvis did cover a couple of Osmond numbers informally didn't he?

Never.

BIGREDG wrote:Twelfth Of Never? Leaving It Up To You?

Elvis' point of reference was Johnny Mathis ("The Twelfth If Never," 1957) and Don and Dewey ("I'm Leavin' It All Up To You," 1957), respectively.

Donnie and Marie Osmond's cover of "I'm Leaving It Up To You" was issued in 1974, more than two years after Elvis' known performances in rehearsal and concert. And they were pulling from a whitebread cover of the Don and Dewey single, released in late 1963 by Dale and Grace.

Hope you enjoyed your latest history lesson.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:35 pm

told ya the guys a morman he will be coming to your door real soon :evil:

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Even Mormons can lie ...

For a second I thought I read, even morons can lie. :lol:

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Elvis did cover a couple of Osmond numbers informally didn't he?

Never.

BIGREDG wrote:Twelfth Of Never? Leaving It Up To You?

Elvis' point of reference was Johnny Mathis ("The Twelfth If Never," 1957) and Don and Dewey ("I'm Leavin' It All Up To You," 1957), respectively.

Donnie and Marie Osmond's cover of "I'm Leaving It Up To You" was issued in 1974, more than two years after Elvis' known performances in rehearsal and concert. And they were pulling from a whitebread cover of the Don and Dewey single, released in late 1963 by Dale and Grace.

Hope you enjoyed your latest history lesson.

Thanks DJ - knew I could rely on you on this one.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 pm

BIGREDG

does your ears stick when you talk like this ?

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:05 pm

rocknroller wrote:BIGREDG

does your ears stick when you talk like this ?

:?:

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:04 pm

because his head is so far up docs arse get it now""""""""""""""""""

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:29 pm

rocknroller wrote:because his head is so far up docs arse get it now""""""""""""""""""

Ah, I see.

Sorry, I don't speak Tennent's Super.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:07 pm

no problem :lol:

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:44 am

rocknroller wrote:because his head is so far up docs arse get it now""""""""""""""""""

Yeah - me 'n' the Doc are best buds!!! Ask anyone!! :roll:

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:29 am

BIGREDG wrote:

Yeah - me 'n' the Doc are best buds!!! Ask anyone!! :roll:

Ask me, it's all like................ :smt008

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:01 am

wow im not the only on on the tennents super lol.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:34 am

:lol:

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:53 am

I have been reading today about a new film being made about Elvis's visits to Morman Missionaries............and that Elvis's Book of Morman was bequeathd to the Osmonds from the Presley estate.

May be some truth to him going to see them in Vegas after all :shock:

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:17 am

sid wrote:I have been reading today about a new film being made about Elvis's visits to Morman Missionaries............and that Elvis's Book of Morman was bequeathd to the Osmonds from the Presley estate.

False.

sid wrote:May be some truth to him going to see them in Vegas after all ...

In a word -- no.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:44 am

Sorry Doc but it says so right here :?

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/film_tearsofaking.html

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Does anyone know anymore about this film? It seems there is some truth in it somewhere

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:25 pm

Well, I still can't see why it "seems there is some truth in it somewhere", Sid?
The movie sounds awful!

The last hours of Elvis Presley's life at his Graceland mansion in Memphis, Tennessee are portrayed in dramatic and authentic detail in "Tears of a King", as he struggled to overcome his addictions to prescription drugs and sought for religious truths. Much of his life and career are retold in flashback sequences.

Elvis is played by actor Matt Lewis, who bears a strong physical resemblance to The King, and with the help of foam prosthetics and the skills of makeup artist Tara Starling, his on-screen appearance at different stages of Elvis's life will enthrall even the most devoted of Presley's fans. He sings several songs in the movie, and visitors to the movie set found it hard to distinguish Lewis's singing voice from actual Elvis recordings.

Please, no!