All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:37 pm

Steve_M wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
midnightx wrote:Most were shocked when he died.

Midnight... in all honesty who was NOT shocked when Elvis died... simply because it was Elvis...

Brad, there were a few people who were not surprised.
I think I recall Jerry Hopkins saying that he was asked by his publishers to get cracking on a follow up to his book "Elvis" because it was looking like Elvis was very ill and might not see the end of the year, though whether they were referring to 1976 or 1977 at the time I don't know.

My uncle lived in the Chicago area for a few years in the mid to late 70´s and went to one of Elvis's shows there in May ´77 (wish it had been me instead! I was only 7 at the time, though...). He wasn't really a fan, but went along with friends who were. He's told me he was shocked to hear the talk afterwards among some of the fans who had been at the show... rumours of drugs, illness, etc. People were worried something was seriously wrong with Elvis. So - not everyone was wearing rose-coloured glasses back then.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:56 pm

Really...they are NOT going to release this stuff past dribs and drabs.

That is probably going to be the case. A full-scale release is highly unlikely.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:22 am

Deke Rivers II wrote:Personally I just wish all the pristine usable officially unreleased footage of That's The Way It Is would get a multiple DVD release or a worldwide televised performance with all the hoopla that it deserves! With all the clips I have seen on the net...I would love to have this material to watch.

One day, whilst not owning a TV station, but, one day via the interweb I'd love to be able to grant you your wish. :wink: