All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Ger Rijff - a question

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:35 pm

I was just wondering, last night I was watching The Great Performances on the Biography Channel, I cant be certain but I am sure I saw Ger Riff named in the credits........am I right :)
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:54 pm

You're probably correct. Ger's name keeps poppin up in certain places ;) . Just today I was reading the book Day By Day by Guralnick and Jorgensen and our man in Amsterdam was mentioned in the foreword. Ger certainly deserves a credit for his pioneer work.

So here's to you Tallhair (I'm raising a glass of nice red wine)! :)
Last edited by Marko on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:57 pm

As far as I know there`s 3 different volumes and the only one I`ve got is no. 3 , in there he`s NOT mentioned in the credits. :wink:

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Hey, thanks for the quick replies if only I had posted earlier it wouldnt have bugged me all day.. cheers

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:04 pm

Marko wrote:You'll probably correct. Ger's name keeps poppin up in certain places ;) . Just today I was reading the book Day By Day by Guralnick and Jorgensen and our man in Amsterdam was mentioned in the foreword. Ger certainly deserves a credit for his pioneer work.

So here's to you Tallhair (I'm raising a glass of nice red wine)! :)


As much as him and I disagree, (and it pains me to say this) you can't take away from what he's contributed to fans all over the world with his work.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:19 pm

WHO IS Ger Riff ???

I know Ger Rijff... a different guy ? :evil:

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:45 pm

Sorry.........please forgive me. I am no good with names............yesterday I called Steve M, Mr Morse. I cant help its just a thing I have.


And I apologise to Mr Ger Rijff for getting his name wrong and thank him for everything he has done :oops: :oops:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:10 am

Steve... Samuel... ? Ok so:

- - ././. - .//. - . /. ./. - - -/. . - ./. . - .

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:41 am

This is Mr M not Mr Morse, just for those who note these things.

Mr Rijff (pronounced "Reef" as in Reefer (it just had to be)) has indeed managed to tack himself onto forewords, credits and other non-descript listings in many things Elvis.
It normally goes along the lines of a phone call from Mr Spliff to those producing said things Elvis that a photo that they've used belongs to him. The usual reply from the producers is something like, "Sure thing Mr Joint King, guess we must have goofed somewhere along the way, we sure will give your name a listing in the credits".
"Hey Harry, that was the Reefer Man on the phone, he did spot the photo so you owe me 5 bucks".

Just kidding folks. I only say these things coz I know Ger will let me get away with it.
But I don't wanna blow sunshine too far up his ass so this post was to keep him in line and not let his ego get too far outta hand.

Here's to ya Ger baby, thanks for the hard work and dedication over the years. I'l say it again even though I know you're over it a long time ago with no regrets etc, but I'm sorry you had to give all your "babies" up, i feel for you more than you do. :wink:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:43 am

deadringer wrote:Steve... Samuel... ? Ok so:

- - ././. - .//. - . /. ./. - - -/. . - ./. . - .



????????????????????????????????????

:( :( :( :(

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:48 am

Steve_M wrote:This is Mr M not Mr Morse, just for those who note these things.

Mr Rijff (pronounced "Reef" as in Reefer (it just had to be)) has indeed managed to tack himself onto forewords, credits and other non-descript listings in many things Elvis.
It normally goes along the lines of a phone call from Mr Spliff to those producing said things Elvis that a photo that they've used belongs to him. The usual reply from the producers is something like, "Sure thing Mr Joint King, guess we must have goofed somewhere along the way, we sure will give your name a listing in the credits".
"Hey Harry, that was the Reefer Man on the phone, he did spot the photo so you owe me 5 bucks".

Just kidding folks. I only say these things coz I know Ger will let me get away with it.
But I don't wanna blow sunshine too far up his ass so this post was to keep him in line and not let his ego get too far outta hand.

Here's to ya Ger baby, thanks for the hard work and dedication over the years. I'l say it again even though I know you're over it a long time ago with no regrets etc, but I'm sorry you had to give all your "babies" up, i feel for you more than you do. :wink:



And I am sorry for getting your name wrong too











:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:48 am

Dictionary needed ? .../---/... 8)

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:50 am

deadringer wrote:Dictionary needed ? .../---/... 8)



No but I dont understand Morse code sorry can you decipher please :wink:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:53 am

no problem... but I read Ger's name wrongly written so many times before and I woder why? ... Riff, also Kevan.. you know what I mean :-) it is like dadringer :-)

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:55 am

sid wrote:And I apologise to Mr Ger Rijff for getting his name wrong and thank him for everything he has done :oops: :oops:


You might consider editing the title of this thread and spell his name correctly. I think he deserves it.
Last edited by Marko on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:57 am

Glad to see someone else has the same problem I do.....missing letters out, but I havent been making posts long, so hopefully practice makes perfect :D

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:00 am

Well, I'm drunk. What's your excuse? :D

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 am

I am drunk too... two bottles of Marqués de Chivé... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 am

Had a bad day but am getting drunk now....... so how do i edit the title please rsvp asap PMSL

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:07 am

sid wrote:Had a bad day but am getting drunk now....... so how do i edit the title please rsvp asap PMSL



Have managed to do it..thanks all the same

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:49 am

Maybe it was Ger's boss? He seems to be the one making things happen ...

Re: Ger Rijff - a question

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:49 am

sid wrote:I was just wondering, last night I was watching The Great Performances on the Biography Channel, I cant be certain but I am sure I saw Ger Riff named in the credits........am I right :)


Are you sure you wasn't watching a special on Shakin' Stevens ?

:D

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:01 am

I'm drunk and had to many things to smoke that damage your brain!
But for me Ger Rijff (right spelling??/) Is a great guy.
I inherit my Elvis collection from my big brother , and even when he was collecting Ger was always a helping hand ,in many things! I still have a postcard from Ger to my brother wishing him well,with a nice Elvis photograph, I still have it on my desk in a frame, Ger can say and do whatever he wants, he is a legend in his own time....
I allready told you I'm drunk and high on weed didn't I? :D
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:15 am

But for me Ger Rijf (right spelling??/)

Not. You are drunk, drunk, drunk..... :shock: :? :x :evil: :twisted: :!:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:23 am

deadringer wrote:But for me Ger Rijf (right spelling??/)

Not. You are drunk, drunk, drunk..... :shock: :? :x :evil: :twisted: :!:
Than :oops: kz , I changed it, Yes I'm drunk drunk drunk..