All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Vote for Elvis as greatest moment at MSG

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:07 pm

At http://www.msg50.com you can vote for Elvis as the greatest moment at Madison square garden.
I just had a look and right now it seems that he`s voted number 1, but more votes would`nt do any harm.
Just to bad that it`s only US television viewers who can vote.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:37 pm

I voted for our main man!!!
Nice shot of him too... very cool!!!


8)

Image

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:56 pm

I just had a second look an now he DROPPED to 2 :( , everybody who can vote please do and call all your friends and ask them to give him a vote too.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:03 am

I'm really torn between Elvis and Wrestlemania.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:15 am

terbon4 wrote:I'm really torn between Elvis and Wrestlemania.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!


I'm sure that is a tough one :roll:

Just voted. Obviously, Elvis got my vote !!!

Everyone vote, E is #3 currently...let's get him to #1 where he belongs :!:

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm

:D Yesterday he dropped to 5, but right now he`s back to the top :D

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:29 pm

elvisa wrote::D Yesterday he dropped to 5, but right now he`s back to the top :D


Great to see!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:27 pm

YES :D Elvis is still number 1 and the pope is 2, they are almost EQUAL and I think Elvis would have liked that :roll:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:41 am

just voted!!

Looking forward to the show!!!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Hey Susan, thank you VERY much for the link to your MSG homepage that`s just great. I can`t hear or see the footage on my computer, but I have the "Rocking the garden" DVD and I guess that`s mostely what`s on there.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:58 pm

Just a little reminder, have you voted yet :?: He`s still number 1 and there`s only 2 days to go :roll:

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:23 pm

Why can't we show a little maturity and stop this thoughtless voting in polls just because the name ELVIS appears!.

The Elvis concerts in MSG were just that that - just 4 of the hundreds he made during the 70's. There was nothing exceptional about them.

Wheras the Pope or Ali were somewhat unusual and exceptional. They without doubt gained more publcity and discussion than Elvis engendered in a year.

My vote would go for the Monroe/Kennedy evening. It is the best remembered and her birthday song is still chilling to this day.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:48 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Why can't we show a little maturity and stop this thoughtless voting in polls just because the name ELVIS appears!.

The Elvis concerts in MSG were just that that - just 4 of the hundreds he made during the 70's. There was nothing exceptional about them.

Wheras the Pope or Ali were somewhat unusual and exceptional. They without doubt gained more publcity and discussion than Elvis engendered in a year.

My vote would go for the Monroe/Kennedy evening. It is the best remembered and her birthday song is still chilling to this day.


Kiwi, what are you talking about. Elvis' appearance at MSG was an event. You want to compare Monroe singing happy birthday to the President Kennedy more historic then EP's only shows at MSG!. Ali and the Pope I'll rank up there. Happy birthday Mr. President, heavy breathing, more heavy breathing, to youuuuu!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:53 pm

Joe Car wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Why can't we show a little maturity and stop this thoughtless voting in polls just because the name ELVIS appears!.

The Elvis concerts in MSG were just that that - just 4 of the hundreds he made during the 70's. There was nothing exceptional about them.

Wheras the Pope or Ali were somewhat unusual and exceptional. They without doubt gained more publcity and discussion than Elvis engendered in a year.

My vote would go for the Monroe/Kennedy evening. It is the best remembered and her birthday song is still chilling to this day.


Kiwi, what are you talking about. Elvis' appearance at MSG was an event. You want to compare Monroe singing happy birthday to the President Kennedy more historic then EP's only shows at MSG!. Ali and the Pope I'll rank up there. Happy birthday Mr. President, heavy breathing, more heavy breathing, to youuuuu!


I agree Joe. Those 4 shows Elvis did at MSG in '72 are some of biggest shows he gave in the 70's. All 4 shows were sellouts..Certainly a big event in my book !!!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 pm

KiwiAlan, you`r post could be discussed and surely everybody can vote what ever they want to, but if you read or hear something regarding Elvis, this is the place to reach Elvis fans. As an great Elvis fan, I think it would be exciting if HE won the honour. He would also get the spotlight in the media around the world and I really think he deserves that too :D

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:29 pm

:D :D :D He`s still number 1. Only 1. day to go :roll:

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 pm

Took some time to register,but ,I just voted....Keep m #1

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:00 am

I just voted, but he's now #2.

EDIT:

Just checked again, now he's in third place :(

Rich
Last edited by Rich_TCB on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:10 am

I always vote for Elvis #1

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:58 pm

As of 6:00 am eastern standard time this morning, he's no.1, is the voting over yet?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:15 pm

:D He`s still number 1. `t seems to me that you can still vote, but the voting must be over reel soon :roll:

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:43 pm

I think this Image is in the bag now! I hope! :D

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:00 am

Were Elvis' 4 shows at the Garden the greatest event ever to take place at that legendary venue? Just voting for Elvis for the sake of trying to keep Elvis #1 on another one of these ridiculous lists is sort of strange. A lot of fantastic moments occurred at the Garden, saying Elvis' presence was the greatest may be a stretch. The concerts didn't even represent Elvis' finest....

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:41 am

What 's so strange to vote for your favorite moment of a performer who you respect?
The only difference between all other events/performances is that Elvis has so many active fans ,that also would like to give Elvis a change to get some extra media attention. I can't see anything wrong about it..

That best MSG moment will be different for most people,but Elvis at #1 is not a bad case... 8)

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:32 am

Nora Sivle wrote:What 's so strange to vote for your favorite moment of a performer who you respect?
The only difference between all other events/performances is that Elvis has so many active fans ,that also would like to give Elvis a change to get some extra media attention. I can't see anything wrong about it..

That best MSG moment will be different for most people,but Elvis at #1 is not a bad case... 8)


I hope he wins. There's nothing but great things being said about EP and from some people who actually attended those historic shows.