All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:04 pm

dl wrote:Elvis never cleaned really up. Even his "Memphis Mafia" says that Elvis always continued to take his "medicine". At times he certainly took less stuff and at times he payed attention to what he ate and he kept on doing sports. But I believe that from the beginning of the 1960's on he never was really clean.

The Colonel looked at Elvis as an attraction to sell and not as a human being. And why not? He didn't need to be Elvis friend, a manager is hired to sell the artist. That's what Parker did. I surely didn't like the behaviour of Elvis, simply because it affected the show. If the product becomes bad, you cannot sell it. But Elvis was responsable for everything that happend to him. HE did the drugs, HE spend all his money and HE moved himself in the position that he ended up in. That's it. ELVIS WRECKED HIS LIFE HIMSELF.

There's a difference between sell and rob!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Joe Car wrote:
dl wrote:Elvis never cleaned really up. Even his "Memphis Mafia" says that Elvis always continued to take his "medicine". At times he certainly took less stuff and at times he payed attention to what he ate and he kept on doing sports. But I believe that from the beginning of the 1960's on he never was really clean.

The Colonel looked at Elvis as an attraction to sell and not as a human being. And why not? He didn't need to be Elvis friend, a manager is hired to sell the artist. That's what Parker did. I surely didn't like the behaviour of Elvis, simply because it affected the show. If the product becomes bad, you cannot sell it. But Elvis was responsable for everything that happend to him. HE did the drugs, HE spend all his money and HE moved himself in the position that he ended up in. That's it. ELVIS WRECKED HIS LIFE HIMSELF.

There's a difference between sell and rob!

Exactly. And that's just what Colonel did. Rob Elvis.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:11 pm

It takes two: Someone who tries to rob and another one who lets it happen.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:21 pm

dl wrote:It takes two: Someone who tries to rob and another one who lets it happen.

dl, I can see you holding EP accountable for problems he created for himself, but surely you can't condone the Colonel's cheating him. He trusted the man. It didn't come out until after Elvis' death about the Colonel cheating him. How was he to know, the Colonel kept everything to himself until he was investigated years later by the estate.