All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:24 pm

This is total CRAP!!

Elvisfan is Jay who was so lovingly adored on this board :wink:

Me thinks he is having a :lol:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:25 pm

GERRY wrote:Yeah this was started by Elvisfan on the other MB he has yet to confirm if it is true.

Just to be clear... he's not talking about me. 8)

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 pm

shanebrown wrote:Whether the list is true or not is not important. What is important is that most of you have to realise that after God-knows-how-many albums of unreleased material over the last couple of decades, there is virtually nothing left. BMG will not be able to keep up releasing new material just because it is an anniversary. For those of you keep forgetting, Elvis is dead and hasn't recorded anything new for 30 years.

WHAT??? ELVIS IS DEAD???

Oh.. I keep forgetting... :shock:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:35 pm

shanebrown wrote:Whether the list is true or not is not important. What is important is that most of you have to realise that after God-knows-how-many albums of unreleased material over the last couple of decades, there is virtually nothing left. BMG will not be able to keep up releasing new material just because it is an anniversary. For those of you keep forgetting, Elvis is dead and hasn't recorded anything new for 30 years.

Well I for one don't care if Elvis can no longer produce new material... that's BMG's problem!!! I, as an Elvis fan, expect and demand new recordings to be released FOREVER!!! It's the least they can do... :wink:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:10 pm

I think the well is fairly dry now (no great surprise after 30 years) but there are still some outtakes and some live recordings that have not seen the light of day.

I am pretty sure the list posted is just a poor taste joke, but if there were to be a box set with no new material at all that would be an insult to the fans and to Elvis on this milestone anniversary. It is fair enough that maybe this will be the last anniversary where they can produce one more fantastic box set. Let's hope they give us and Elvis what we deserve!!

It would also be a stupid move on BMGs part to produce the suggested box set!!!! Us Elvis fans are mugs, and would probably shell out for a buch of new outtakes mixed in with improved, previously available outtakes, but not for just a pure rehash (surely??)

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:35 pm

Well, there is no way to be certain this is actually a "real" list yet. But, it shouldn't be surprising if it is. Did anyone think there wouldn't be a series of themed compilations? Now, with regard to the boxset, maybe it was a typo and will actually be a collection of unreleased outtakes like TT&F and Close Up. BMG will want to maximize sales of a boxset, and to do so, they have to not only appeal to the general public, but to hardcore fans as well which is why there will have to be unreleased material associated with the boxset. A lot of things can change between now and then.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 pm

On the ElvisNumberones board Jay (Elvisfan) has confirmed that this was a joke!

Andy

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:23 pm

I just wish BMG would make a compilation of the best outtakes -maybe theme it - Movies / Nashville/ Vegas whatever, edit out the laughter /talk before and after the tracks if necessary so it is intersting to the general public.

The movie outakes could start with " Treat me nice" from Flashback and Close Up :

I still hope FTD will put out the CDs from the Book+ CD projects as stand alone releases - starting with " The way it was" after all, they have recycled other tracks, so there is no reason for them to feel shy about puting out a whole album.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 pm

It was a joke, now lets hang the b@st@rd! :lol:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:31 pm

GERRY wrote:It was a joke, now lets hang the b@st@rd! :lol:

That site that I mentioned that had posted the same info, has since taken it down. Nice one Jay!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Jay - one way ticket to Sybieria, whoever you are!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:36 pm

I think its sad that the big record companies cant buy the collected stuff, like FTD for instance and give us a new concert every so often, just my opinion :)

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:55 pm

What about the 1.000 best false starts..on 4 cd box set..??

sorry...couldn`t resist... :wink:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:40 pm

Ciscoking wrote:What about the 1.000 best false starts..on 4 cd box set..??

sorry...couldn`t resist... :wink:

How about a "between takes" banter only box set? :wink:

Seriously though, I hope they leave in studio banter in any new outtakes, they make it extra special to me.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:11 am

Well, to be honest, the idea to compile a box set with 100 previously released outtakes including all the big hits doesn't sound too bad to me.

I mean: if BMG decides to release a kind of "Best Of Follow That Dream", Jorgensen doesn't have to pay too much attention of what the fans shouldn't listen to yet ...

know what I mean? They can compile a great sounding set with only smash outtakes on it! No fillers, just killers, I say .....

All presented on a TT&F like box and all the Lene Reidel stuff re-mastered by Anesini and Budd! Well, I guess, I would love it then!

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:16 am

Well, to be honest, the idea to compile a box set with 100 previously released outtakes including all the big hits doesn't sound too bad to me.

And watch the sales go right down the toilet. What non-major fan is going to shell out $50-$80 on a big boxset containing only previosly available material? Unless it is a Walmart exclusive priced at a bargin price, that box won't move.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:32 am

I'm so damn glad that BS is not true. BMG are robbing Elvis of any artistic creativity he has left in the eyes of the public. For the 30th anniversary, i think they should release a retrospective boxset of his entire career. The only one the public needs. His greatest recordings, rarely known songs and greatest hits, and rareties like maybe remastered MSG tracks, The complete MSG press conference, Don't think twice uncut, tracks you could only get on 'Golden celebration' or 'EAP silver box' re-released and remastered on CD, and maybe a few more outtakes, undubbed masters etc. It could be a good project i think.
BMG should stop trying to rake in profits, and start concentrating on making Elvis the creative, and unique artist that he was, and is to us. 8)

30th Anniversary

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:55 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:For the 30th anniversary, i think they should release a retrospective boxset of his entire career.

It would be hard not to make it a repetition of what's already been released - e.g. Hitstory. The boxsets covering the three decades of Elvis' career were probably the best way of giving an overview. Somehow, the material on each one has an integrity and consistency of its own. They have certainly set the standard and have gone a long way towards restoring Elvis' reputation.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:22 am

as long as they dont give us a box set with a few unresleased tracks mixed trough