All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

BMG announces releases for next year

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:06 am

Here it is. You heard it here first. The RCA 2007 release schedule to mark the 30th anniversary of EP's death. Some new creative ideas by RCA. I'm shocked. Aren't we lucky to have a record company willing to put out so many new albums by our favorite artist? I bet the Beatles fans are jealous of us now.

January 2007
'Best of Country' (2 CD set)
The very best of EP's Country songs

June 2007
'Elvis Gospel'

July 2007
'Teddy Bear' (Song for the Kids)
Features 14 songs aimed at children.

AUGUST 2007
a 4 CD box set of previously released outtakes yet to be titled. Here we get outstanding outtakes of Suspicious Minds, It's Now Or Never, In The Ghetto, Kentucky Rain, and Moody Blue. 100 tracks in all.

NOVEMBER 2007
'CHRISTMAS WITH ELVIS'
A solo disc of 18 songs form his 1971 Christmas album including outtakes.

source elvisnumberones.com message forum
Last edited by joshferrell on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:15 am

so here's my thoughts..I think a childrens c.d. would be good if it was done right,in fact I saw a johnny cash childrens album and it seemed like a great concept album like those typical of johnny cash,now if they did this as a concept type album with the right songs and the right cover then it might actually do pretty well, now as far as the 100 song boxset of released outakes I guess this may be the best of FTD since it says that have all been released and there's 100 songs,but I could be wrong,now as far as the christmas c.d. that comes as no surprise....zthe same thing as the country one and the gospel one....no mention of a remix album..unless they remix children songs...lol....

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:20 am

Before I start opining on this list, is this for real?

Before speculating on details, I'd like some confirmation.
Last edited by elvissessions on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:22 am

I saw this on the elvisnumberones.com message forum so i don't know how accurate it is...all I know is that with the country and the gospel and the christmas releases on here it wouldn't surprise me as being real...lol

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:29 am

anybody who believes that, i have some oceanfront property in AZ for you. just another jab at BMG obviously.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:44 am

"Elvis sings for children"
" Elvis sings Gospel"
"Elvis sings Country"
"Elvis sings for his gullable fans"

A box set of previously released tracks.

Gee, I was kind of expecting something more for the 30th anniversary, not more compilations. I guess these anniversary's signify the time for milking the cash cow.

We will have to count on FTD for anything really cool.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:39 am

"..if you buy that, you'll buy anything..."

This is only a 8) !!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:49 am

I hope this ain't true. If it is :smt021 :smt075 to RCA!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:45 am

look for ftd to probily release some more neat cds in 07.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:26 am

This guy Josh is hillarious. :roll:

Too bad his list is not too far from the truth.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:55 am

so what would everyone think of "ELVIS CHLDRENS CLASSICS-REMIXED" featuring duets with Elmo and Barney...I have a feeling from looking at this list that this so-called "childrens c.d." is really in fact the remix c.d. we've all been waiting to hear...

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:11 pm

Just seen this list released on another site as well, and not through a post, as info of the day, so chances are it's true.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:44 pm

This had better be BS.

A box set of 100 released outtakes?? Wow can't wait!!

Another kids album, how original!!

Gospel compilation - haven't had one of them for at least 6 months!!

And I have not got nearly enough Country compilations!!

Oh Boy :roll:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:06 pm

BIGREDG wrote:A box set of 100 released outtakes?? Wow can't wait!!

But I bet they will have already been released on FTD.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:17 pm

It may be that something on that list may come to pass. But I don't for a minute believe that the list as posted is authentic. It's somrbody's idea of a joke???

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:20 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:A box set of 100 released outtakes?? Wow can't wait!!

But I bet they will have already been released on FTD.

Look closely, it actually says 100 already released outtakes. My Wow was ironic.

I think this list MUST be a sick joke.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Beatles fans jealous?....OF WHAT?

EMI do QUALITY and BMG rip off gullable Elvis fans that buy anything.

You keep buying it all over and over again.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:29 pm

If this is what to expect on the 30th year of his passing then it sucks.Its a joke.........just hope this is not for real . :cry:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 pm

GERRY wrote:Beatles fans jealous.

A bigger joke than the friggin' list.

Re: BMG announces releases for next year

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:28 pm

joshferrell wrote:Here it is. You heard it here first. The RCA 2007 release schedule to mark the 30th anniversary of EP's death. Some new creative ideas by RCA. I'm shocked. Aren't we lucky to have a record company willing to put out so many new albums by our favorite artist? I bet the Beatles fans are jealous of us now.

January 2007
'Best of Country' (2 CD set)
The very best of EP's Country songs

June 2007
'Elvis Gospel'

July 2007
'Teddy Bear' (Song for the Kids)
Features 14 songs aimed at children.

AUGUST 2007
a 4 CD box set of previously released outtakes yet to be titled. Here we get outstanding outtakes of Suspicious Minds, It's Now Or Never, In The Ghetto, Kentucky Rain, and Moody Blue. 100 tracks in all.

PREVIOUSLY RELEASED OR UNRELEASED ???

NOVEMBER 2007
'CHRISTMAS WITH ELVIS'
A solo disc of 18 songs form his 1971 Christmas album including outtakes.

source elvisnumberones.com message forum

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:30 pm

I really can't believe this sh*t !!!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:I really can't believe this sh*t !!!

Don't. 'Cause it ain't so. It all started with someone called ElvisFan on another MB.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:59 pm

EPE are a not up to it either.

I made film clip from 68 Special MEMORIES with the stereo Master digitally remastered and enhanced and it sounds HUNDRED TIMES better than the EPE made official crap.

Everyone i show this short little beaut of a clip to is totally transfixed to the screen because when the sound is better the images have much more impact.

EPE ARE LIVING IN THE STONAGE.

We should demand that ERNST tell us what film he has seen and demand that EPE include the best on their Anthology with DUBBED sound you know like the Beatles Anthology has.

Before The Carp jumps on my post i know the Beatles were miming to the original record on those 60's hit's shows but the timing is still slightly out when EMI dubbed the polished master to the film so EPE can do the same for Elvis.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:01 pm

Yeah this was started by Elvisfan on the other MB he has yet to confirm if it is true.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:07 pm

ekenee wrote:We will have to count on FTD for anything really cool.

I already do. The last mainstream Elvis CD I bought was Elvis At Sun.

ritchie valens wrote:look for ftd to probily release some more neat cds in 07.

Do ya think? What would we ever do without you?