All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 am

midnightx, don't you think that if Ernst & Roger had at least 1 soundboard from the September or November '70 tour they would've released it by now?


Not necessarily. 'One Night In Vegas' was what, the 8th FTD release? Followed 4 years later with 'Polk Salad Annie.' 2 shows from 1970 in a 7 year period (a third release if you want to count The Way It Was). Ernst and Roger certainly haven't been leaning towards 1970 releases. Don't be surprised if at some point they release a soundboard from 1970....

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:00 am

I agree with the poster who started this topic.

A Jan. / Feb. 1970 soundboard would be a very important and significant release.

When Jarvis setup multi-tracks in Feb. 70 he only recorded bits of shows, with only the concert released on the Polk Salad Annie FTD close to being complete--but still missing the introduction All Shook Up opening. To compound matters, Elvis developed a cold during these RCA recordings.

But if FTD has the mono soundboard masters that Bob Porter taped on reel to reel in January 1970, it should be released. Why?

1. To document a complete Jan/Feb 70 engagement
2. Elvis was in his 68-70 "prime" period
3. To document Elvis' explosive performances from this season free of cold and flu

This would be a much more vital release than another 73-77 soundboard documenting the King's self destruction.

Re: why are a lot of you

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:51 am

PEP wrote:(Future Shop I should mention is like a HMV Store,
or Best Buy, it is a Large Chain of 20,000 Sq.Ft. Corp.
stores out here, so No hanky panky would be allowed)


PEP -
What does the square footage of the store have to do with sex on the job? :)

Re: why are a lot of you

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:10 am

Pete Dube wrote:
PEP wrote:(Future Shop I should mention is like a HMV Store,
or Best Buy, it is a Large Chain of 20,000 Sq.Ft. Corp.
stores out here, so No hanky panky would be allowed)


PEP -
What does the square footage of the store have to do with sex on the job? :)


Wellll, rule of thum is....... :twisted:

I guess now reading what I wrote seems dumb on my part... :lol: :roll:

What I was trying to do, was ensure no one would assume
this was a Mom & POP chain where one might pick up a bootleg
or two since some might not know about "FutureShop"... :wink:

PEP 8)

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:18 am

the pvt. colllectors need to quit being selfish and bmg being so tight with money. come to terms so we can hear these soundboards. while we are still alive.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:39 am

ritchie valens wrote:the pvt. colllectors need to quit being selfish and bmg being so tight with money. come to terms so we can hear these soundboards. while we are still alive.


I can understand it when the purchase was a huge investment. It's different when the person in question is extremely wealthy and can afford to have the item devalued though. From what Ger has said about the Indy 77 guy, he falls into that category. In those cases, the only motivation for not sharing the material seems to be the satisfaction of having something that others don't. Sad.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:26 pm

I just hope they could find something better to The Thrill Goes On performance. OMG, this show is so poor. It only lasts for 40 minutes, Bridge and Suspicious Minds are not and some other songs have verses missing (Polk Salad Annie, Sweet Caroline, The Wonder of You).

Elvis could deliver a much better show than this one in 1970

Opening Theme / That's All Right / I Got A Woman - Amen / I Walk The Line (instr. excerpt) / Love Me Tender / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / Sweet Caroline / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' / Polk Salad Annie / Introductions / Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) / How Great Thou Art (reprise) / The Wonder Of You / Heartbreak Hotel / Blue Suede Shoes / Hound Dog / Funny How Time Slips Away / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:37 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:I just hope they could find something better to The Thrill Goes On performance. OMG, this show is so poor. It only lasts for 40 minutes, Bridge and Suspicious Minds are not and some other songs have verses missing (Polk Salad Annie, Sweet Caroline, The Wonder of You).

Elvis could deliver a much better show than this one in 1970

Opening Theme / That's All Right / I Got A Woman - Amen / I Walk The Line (instr. excerpt) / Love Me Tender / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / Sweet Caroline / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' / Polk Salad Annie / Introductions / Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) / How Great Thou Art (reprise) / The Wonder Of You / Heartbreak Hotel / Blue Suede Shoes / Hound Dog / Funny How Time Slips Away / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp.


Maybe he had a bad day Paul, or perhaps didn't feel well, who knows.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:39 pm

Oh please.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:41 pm

InTheGhetto wrote:Oh please.


Is that like, Oh please release me let me go, if not, at least elaborate. Tough to respond to that kind of an answer.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:48 pm

As you always come up with those fantastic excuses why Elvis performed poorly in some shows ....that's why I said Oh Please not one of these ones again.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:00 pm

InTheGhetto wrote:As you always come up with those fantastic excuses why Elvis performed poorly in some shows ....that's why I said Oh Please not one of these ones again.


Why would you say that? Let me ask you a question, assuming you work, have you ever had a bad day, you know, where things for whatever reason don't go right? I know I have and I'm considered very good at what I do. My reasons for what I said were not to make excuses, but to offer possibilities, that's all. I remember betting money on the Packers, two weeks in a row, Brett Favre wasn't himself, it was like he wanted to lose on purpose, he played so bad. I called him every name in the book to my friends as we bashed him unmercifully for costing us our money. A week after that, he came out an admitted that he had an addiction to painkillers. My point is even the greatest have their moments for various reasons, Elvis included.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:32 pm

I do work. But I will not compare myself with someone that entertains people. People went to see him only. Not the Sweet Inspirations not Charlie Hodge. 40 minutes for a show is plain a robbery. If you feel bad cancel the show and have another day.

Took the money and left

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:41 pm

InTheGhetto wrote:I do work. But I will not compare myself with someone that entertains people. People went to see him only. Not the Sweet Inspirations not Charlie Hodge. 40 minutes for a show is plain a robbery. If you feel bad cancel the show and have another day.

Took the money and left


I can seek if sick cancelling a show, but you miss my point entirely. I've gone to watch the Lakers and Pistons play years back, and guess what, the Lakers sat out Magic, and their starters. Should they have given me money back since I primarily went to see them?

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:49 pm

Joe,

All your examples have nothing to do with singers. If you went to see Magic and he didnt play that's unfortunate becuase there is no warranty he will play or not.

Elvis had so much talent, and potential but he went took the short path most of the time. I dont blame him but I dont applaude him for that.

A show can be good or bad, or exciting or plain boring. 40 mins doesnt give you room for anything.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:55 pm

InTheGhetto wrote:Joe,

All your examples have nothing to do with singers. If you went to see Magic and he didnt play that's unfortunate becuase there is no warranty he will play or not.

Elvis had so much talent, and potential but he went took the short path most of the time. I dont blame him but I dont applaude him for that.

A show can be good or bad, or exciting or plain boring. 40 mins doesnt give you room for anything.


considering that was the standard length back in that era, the Beatles performed for roughly 25-30 minutes per show, and Elvis was usually doing two shows a night, which not many other performers of his stature were doing, one of the many many things that drove him into an early grave IMO

Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:14 pm

Liverbobs wrote:
InTheGhetto wrote:Joe,

All your examples have nothing to do with singers. If you went to see Magic and he didnt play that's unfortunate becuase there is no warranty he will play or not.

Elvis had so much talent, and potential but he went took the short path most of the time. I dont blame him but I dont applaude him for that.

A show can be good or bad, or exciting or plain boring. 40 mins doesnt give you room for anything.


considering that was the standard length back in that era, the Beatles performed for roughly 25-30 minutes per show, and Elvis was usually doing two shows a night, which not many other performers of his stature were doing, one of the many many things that drove him into an early grave IMO


You know you're entering dangerous territory with this comment. :)